The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Training Camp 2019

56 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Unless we keep Bishop, our physicality lacks. Bishop isn’t a big boy either. DSK isn’t tall either but he is a thick guy.

You missed the point, I believe the question was who DSP (K) is, not what he'd bring, lol.

Edited by LakeLivin

2 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Am I missing something?  Is there a reason no one will type Devante Smith-Pellys name?  Is there a curse I'm unaware of, or is there some HWSNBN aspect in play, lol?

DSP is easier.

You missed the point, I believe the question was who DSP (K) is, not what he'd bring, lol.

I got it right the first time

Am I missing something?  Is there a reason no one will type Devante Smith-Pellys name?  Is there a curse I'm unaware of, or is there some HWSNBN aspect in play, lol?

I totally agree Lake and it was why I questioned it in the 1st place. It's something I despised in school as it's like "what am I thinking" and I wondered if it referred to someone on our team or what? I see now that slap gave a reference.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

DSP is easier.

Sure, but if someone questions who DSP is, repeated typing of "DSP" because it's easier doesn't really help.  I know I'm being a little snarky, I hope it's coming across as intended, which is mostly humorous.   Read back over the posts after Kjun asks what DSP means and I think you'll see where I'm coming from.

Edited by LakeLivin

43 minutes ago, Caniac514 said:

Have anybody heard something during the game regarding this?

Gotta be hot games against Craps this year... :clubs:

Poor little Wilson. What's next? Refs will jump over the glass to attack fans after "Ref you s##k?"

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bonivan said:

Poor little Wilson. What's next? Refs will jump over the glass to attack fans after "Ref you s##k?"

I was recently doing some repairs in a house that had a parrot, and the damn thing chirped me!

Did I go over and strangle it?  No, I chirped it back!

It was an interesting day.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Caniac514 said:

Have anybody heard something during the game regarding this?

Gotta be hot games against Craps this year... :clubs:

Life is full of ironies, but Tom Wilson thinking he's the guy to talk about what is appropriate, and what's over the line, certainly qualifies as ironic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, remkin said:

Life is full of ironies, but Tom Wilson thinking he's the guy to talk about what is appropriate, and what's over the line, certainly qualifies as ironic.

But his coach is joining in this BS too?

14 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

But his coach is joining in this BS too?

All this extra curricular activity is fine with me. We have been searching for a real in your face, I don't like them rivalry for years. I'm good with both Washington and Carolina ratcheting up a healthy dislike of each other.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, OBXer said:

All this extra curricular activity is fine with me. We have been searching for a real in your face, I don't like them rivalry for years. I'm good with both Washington and Carolina ratcheting up a healthy dislike of each other.

Absolutely. It will bring added excitement to each game. Nothing like a heated rivalry.

I was listening on XM to a guy who covers the Caps. He said that they were disappointed in their loss to us last year. Of course. He then pretty much said that they didn't bring their A game consistently enough, pointed out that they controlled the first 10 minutes of game 7, etc. 

Of course they are upset they lost, but I distinctly got the feeling that it was especially galling that they went out to us. I inferred because we've been so mediocre for so many years. So, I'm guessing a lot of this was them trying to flex their collective muscle at us. Knowing Wilson, that punk probably said something first that just irked Rod. 

OK, they're trying to say, we got lucky and don't expect it to happen again. 

For us, I think there's a lot of bulletin board material in this disrespect. It completely ignores how good this team was down the stretch. Yes, they swept the regular season series, but one was OT, and two were before we got good. I'm not even saying we're better than them, but that we're better than their distain. Oh and it's pretty common knowledge that the home team is going to come out strong in Game 7. How often do we hear even coaches admit they need to weather that storm. Our domination of OT was probably more telling.

Best quick revenge: win this Saturday in Washington.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, remkin said:

Best quick revenge: win this Saturday in Washington

2nd best revenge is let Rod meet up with Wilson in a dark alley?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluedevil58 said:

Wilson mad about some words being said.  What a sissy.  He wouldn't last 5 minutes in this board due to getting easily triggered.

If all it takes is a little chirping to be rid of Wilson for 10 minutes at a pop, get RB a bullhorn.  To hell with the "code".

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cclifford10 said:

If all it takes is a little chirping to be rid of Wilson for 10 minutes at a pop, get RB a bullhorn.  To hell with the "code".

I agree.  I am all for doing whatever it takes to win with the exception of intentionally physically injuring someone.  Emotionally is a different story.  Not sure if anyone noticed but in 2006, the year we won the cup.  The team intentionally checked the goalie at the beginning of every series to get them rattled. 

Unfortunately this process broke Roloson's leg.

10 hours ago, cclifford10 said:

Wilson lost all claim to the code's enforcement on his behalf about 15 minutes after he joined the NHL.

• Like 1