The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Training Camp 2019

Outshooting them 20-8 so far...both goalies swapped out halfway through...Forsberg now in net.

Geekie is getting props from John and Tripp too.

2 minutes ago, cclifford10 said:

We are playing a prospect lineup. Who is playing on the other side?

Stamkos 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Caniac514 said:

Really?? That I must have missed... Where has he gone?

They never resigned him;  he is in Finland.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gocanes0506 said:

My opinion on the jerseys is firm after seeing them on the ice. I hope they have a short lifespan.

Kinda like Boston’s ManBearPig one from the late 90’s?

13 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

My opinion on the jerseys is firm after seeing them on the ice. I hope they have a short lifespan.

They didn't do it for me either.  I hope Dundon once again requests black sweaters on the road a lot.

• Like 1

comparing this   year  1st  preseason game  to last year in the preseason ? Holy  smokes!    It was not  chaotic .   The Canes played with a ton of structure ! AND    they didnt try to desperately  dump the puck on panic mode all the time when pressured .   And this was coming from team  Martinook ? wow ,  just wow  !   If they are playing this well under control and structured   with team b  I wonder  what the A Team is going to bring ! image.jpeg.71a44f09c9c2bedb75946364c0bb74af.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

comparing this   year  1st  preseason game  to last year in the preseason ? Holy  smokes!    It was not  chaotic .   The Canes played with a ton of structure ! AND    they didnt try to desperately  dump the puck on panic mode all the time when pressured .   And this was coming from team  Martinook ? 

Really.  Team Martinook shuts out Team Stamkos 3-0.  I'll take it.

Best Time for Sports Coming  in October Hockey, N.B,A  N,F,L College Football M,LB Play-offs

11 hours ago, realmdrakkar said:

Shame the sweaters looked awful.

Matter of opinion-  I for one love em.  But its not what on the sweaters that matters anyway.  Its not a fashion show.

Im glad Gauthier is getting another shot.  He had a very strong game last night.  I think he has the best shot, so far, to take Necas' spot.  From what I read, Geekie did well too.  

I think we would see some OHL/WHL cuts today that were on the roster last night.  

And just scored some tickets to see the Wednesday night game in Nashville

Edited by gocanes0506

Yeah that is the A team, including the A prospects. 

It will be very interesting to see how Necas does. If he has been a step behind in drills, and Brind'Amour called him out by saying "No" to the question did he like what he's seen from Necas so far? With a coach like Brind'Amour and spots so tight, it doesn't help Necas to start in the hole. He will need to sparkle on the ice. 

Interesting about Gauthier looking good. He came on in Charlotte last year. He has skill, size and can score. If he makes a habit of going to the net, well, coaches love that a lot more than being a step behind in drills...

I still like Necas to take the spot, but Brind'Amour surely won't give it to him, he's going to have to earn it. 

51 minutes ago, cc said:

Matter of opinion-  I for one love em.  But its not what on the sweaters that matters anyway.  Its not a fashion show.

I'm more concerned with the away record while wearing them. They could make me love them. GO CANES!