Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
canelot

Digital tickets only this year (for STMs)

Recommended Posts

I don’t sit in the 200s. We had to show our phone between periods when going up for a drink or to use the restroom. During the game we are in our seats, where ushers come by at times to make sure everyone belongs there. Lucky that your ushers let you do what you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2019 at 10:23 PM, caneswincup said:

Good luck with forcing them. My mom went to the arena today to try and get the, printed because she lives in olden times and owns a flip phone. They wouldn’t give her hard copies.

 

It's interesting, the Ticketmaster site explains that if you have trouble pulling up your ticket on your phone at the entrance, you can go to the box office and they'll print it out. So why the hell can't they help out an old lady with a flip phone who comes weeks in advance?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a full season ticket holder, and I was told I can get printed tickets if I contact my season ticket holder rep.  He would then contact the box office to print out.   Reach out to your rep.   My husband uses some tickets for clients who prefer a printed ticket.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what I have been told by my rep.  Ticketmaster has contract to manage ticket sales, their rules in the contract.     The electronic tickets is to stop scalping and ticket companies sending out reps from buying up rows of seats and selling online on their sites not owned by Ticketmaster.   They have put the scalpers across the street out of business.   They have control now on all seat sales.  They want to get the resale commission on all sales by STH.    When you signed your STH contract you agreed not to sell the majority of your seats for the season or they will have the right to close your account.  This controls the ticket companies from buying up bulk seats and Ticketmaster/Canes not getting the commissions on the resales on other sites.   I do feel bad for the elderly flip phone STHs.  

 

Has anyone received any information of the Full STH autograph meet the players party in October?  I have not received any emails, but reading that the partial STH had their party and the Full STH is in October.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, super_dave_1 said:

When I pulled my wagon up to the arena, there was no where to tie my horses up.  Who do I complain to?

 

 

Sell 'em.  It'll cost you a whole horse team to sit in the lower bowl.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, super_dave_1 said:

When I pulled my wagon up to the arena, there was no where to tie my horses up.  Who do I complain to?

 

All Wagon traffic is directed to the fairgrounds parking. Different prices are available depending on watering/feeding needs. Limited parking is also available on the visiting teams sideline and end zone in Carter Finley.  Clear bags must be tied to the horses *edit* for sanitary concerns.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 6:39 PM, caneswincup said:

Just so people know, we just entered the arena on our eTicket only tix. They are not handing you the little print ticket on scan in the way they did last year with eTix, so if you are with multiple people and do not all have smartphones, you won’t be able to seapate

to go out for food, restroom, etc. the person with the phone who has the Tix will need to escort you in/out of your section or you won’t get back inside. 

 

Also, best to carry a large power brick so phone doesn’t die during the game I guess.. 

Now thats a pain in the *edit*.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I just checked for tickets to the Tampa Bay game on Stub Hub. They have 1,250 tickets. Most or all of these obviously come from the team. What kind of ticket do you get from Stub Hub and other secondary market sites? I am no technological wizard, but my wife is even less so. So now you’re telling me she has to carry my phone with her if she needs to go to the bathroom? What if we both want to go out at the same time, but to different places. This policy may be great for the Canes, but it is not very thoughtful for the paying fans. Also, if you want to buy a ticket at the box office, do you have to have a smart phone to have the tickets loaded onto? I am really not a fan of this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, bluedevilcane said:

So I just checked for tickets to the Tampa Bay game on Stub Hub. They have 1,250 tickets. Most or all of these obviously come from the team. What kind of ticket do you get from Stub Hub and other secondary market sites? I am no technological wizard, but my wife is even less so. So now you’re telling me she has to carry my phone with her if she needs to go to the bathroom? What if we both want to go out at the same time, but to different places. This policy may be great for the Canes, but it is not very thoughtful for the paying fans. Also, if you want to buy a ticket at the box office, do you have to have a smart phone to have the tickets loaded onto? I am really not a fan of this.

I called up and they said I can use my abacus instead.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, super_dave_1 said:

When I pulled my wagon up to the arena, there was no where to tie my horses up.  Who do I complain to?

 

I think you've come to the right place.  :grin:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, slapshot02 said:

Are they still not handing out paper stubs after scanning your tkt from the phone?

Nope and at last night’s game someone cut between my mom and I on the check in at our section and they wouldn’t let her in. Luckily I was in

close enough proximity for them to call me back.

 

This wasn’t well thought out at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 7:59 PM, wxray1 said:

Ah, that explains why our GrandFuddyDuddy friends are so peeved.  They have fancier tickets and are not happy with this.  We sit in the cheap seats where the ushers don't care.

 

Our GrandFuddyDuddies are always moving in and out of their seats separately (200 level?) and kind of became unhinged over this new policy when we discussed it the other day.  I didn't understand why they were babbling about loading on two phones, etc.  I think I get it now.

 

People talk on phones??? Who knew? : )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2019 at 3:09 PM, hag65 said:

My issue is I have my Dad buy 10 pairs of tickets from my STH load and he is over 80yrs old.  He does OK with a lot of tech but will not like having to deal with electronics to get into the game.  I'll be heading to the box office and forcing them to print the pairs that are for him.  They have printed me pairs before for these situations.   I don't see it as possible they will not help you out if you go ask, not everyone has a smart phone.  I will say I did not go do it yet for this season however.

 

 

Well, to end the (non)story.  I got the list of tickets my Dad is going to use from him, called our rep, she said sure, email me the list.  Emailed the list, she emailed me back that they were ready to pick up at the box office.  Stopped by, picked them up.

 

Zero issues.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hag65 said:

 

 

Well, to end the (non)story.  I got the list of tickets my Dad is going to use from him, called our rep, she said sure, email me the list.  Emailed the list, she emailed me back that they were ready to pick up at the box office.  Stopped by, picked them up.

 

Zero issues.

But was there a place for your dad to tie up his horse?

 

Seriously, they do need to hand out the little paper stub things that they printed out last year when you went in.

Edited by super_dave_1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2019 at 11:03 PM, super_dave_1 said:

But was there a place for your dad to tie up his horse?

 

Seriously, they do need to hand out the little paper stub things that they printed out last year when you went in.

 

Nope.  So he just took it down to the old town road.

 

I don't have to show my ticket to get to my nosebleed special but if I did I would not like not having the little paper receipt stub thingy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2019 at 4:15 PM, hag65 said:

 

 

Well, to end the (non)story.  I got the list of tickets my Dad is going to use from him, called our rep, she said sure, email me the list.  Emailed the list, she emailed me back that they were ready to pick up at the box office.  Stopped by, picked them up.

 

Zero issues.

When I asked my rep if he could have paper tickets printed for me, he discouraged me from doing it and walked me through opening the tix and loading them into my Apple wallet. It is not rocket science. The reason he gave me for not going with paper tickets this year is that Ticketmaster controls how tickets are issued, and next year, the digital tickets will be the only option. I have my doubts though. I don’t think they are just going to write off the small portion of the population that chooses not to own a smartphone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bluedevilcane said:

When I asked my rep if he could have paper tickets printed for me, he discouraged me from doing it and walked me through opening the tix and loading them into my Apple wallet. It is not rocket science. The reason he gave me for not going with paper tickets this year is that Ticketmaster controls how tickets are issued, and next year, the digital tickets will be the only option. I have my doubts though. I don’t think they are just going to write off the small portion of the population that chooses not to own a smartphone.

 

I wouldn't put it past TicketMaster, the Hurricanes, the arena, et. al., to have a thought process somewhat like the following:

 

"Hey, isn't the new 'digital-tickets-only' policy discriminating against those fans who choose not to have a smartphone?"

 

"Are you kidding? We came up with that idea for just that reason! People who can afford to spend $1000 on the newest, latest smartphone have way more disposable income. Latest surveys show that 96% of Americans own a cellphone and 81% own a smartphone,  and for people who make more than $75,000 a year, its 98% and 91%, respectively. We need to concentrate on the people who have money to spend, not the people who collect aluminum cans to help finance their season ticket license.*"

 

This hypothetical conversation based on the numbers from this survey: https://www.pewinternet.org/fact-sheet/mobile/

 

TL;DR summary - the younger, more educated and wealthier a person is, the more likely they are to own a smartphone. Sounds like exactly the target demographic that retailers, sports leagues and, well, everyone who makes money off the general public is aiming for.

 

*Yes, I knew someone like this. I worked with this person when I lived in Raleigh 1999-2004.

Edited by JonKerfoot
Cleanup

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Folks, no sarcasm here.  Serious post.

 

I LIKE THIS NEW SYSTEM.

 

I guess you can teach an old FuddyDuddy new tricks.   Me and the Mrs. have had no problems pulling these up on our phone.  For the most part, people have gotten a handle on it and are ready to be scanned.  One nit: it is kind of uncool to have to mess with a phone while driving up to the parking gate keepers.  But we try to mitigate that with the passenger handling it.  Singletons may be effectively "texting while driving" to pull up on the phone though.

 

We have an 11 game plan and due to my hurricane recovery work, I've had to adjust a few games.  Now this is where the system works really well!  Ticketmaster is another matter... but once the exchange occurs, INCLUDING PARKING, it is a thing of beauty.  Before, if you bought parking and wanted to exchange, you had to call your rep and have it reissued.  Pain in the...  Here you just go through a faux ticketmaster ticket exchange and, boom, parking moved.

 

All very nice.

Edited by wxray1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wxray1 said:

One nit: it is kind of uncool to have to mess with a phone while driving up to the parking gate keepers.  But we try to mitigate that with the passenger handling it. 

I concur-  One helpful tip if you have Apple phone and use the wallet feature- Once the tics and Parking pass are added, IF you have location on the passes will popup on the phone as soon as you get close enough to the arena on the scheduled day.  I love mindless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cc said:

I concur-  One helpful tip if you have Apple phone and use the wallet feature- Once the tics and Parking pass are added, IF you have location on the passes will popup on the phone as soon as you get close enough to the arena on the scheduled day.  I love mindless.

That's pretty frickin cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cc said:

I concur-  One helpful tip if you have Apple phone and use the wallet feature- Once the tics and Parking pass are added, IF you have location on the passes will popup on the phone as soon as you get close enough to the arena on the scheduled day.  I love mindless.

Gonna try this on Google Pay tonight (Android).  Let's see what the gee wizardry kicks up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...