The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
canelot

Digital tickets only this year (for STMs)

I bi%@&%$^ about it when it started but with either the Ticketmaster or Stubhub app its really a breeze. Its really pretty easy also to just take a minute or two and buddy up with concourse ushers if someone in your party doesn't have a smartphone that the tic can be easily transferred to. And personally, I'd rather use the phone to go in and out of seats. At my age, I'm much LESS likely to misplace my phone than a small strip of paper.

And it is so easy to transfer tickets to anyone electronically too. If I can't make a game and want to give or sell my tickets I just email them. Physical tickets were a pain that way.

3 hours ago, 2ndsacker said:

I bi%@&%$^ about it when it started but with either the Ticketmaster or Stubhub app its really a breeze. Its really pretty easy also to just take a minute or two and buddy up with concourse ushers if someone in your party doesn't have a smartphone that the tic can be easily transferred to. And personally, I'd rather use the phone to go in and out of seats. At my age, I'm much LESS likely to misplace my phone than a small strip of paper.

I've not had an usher check my seats on my phone this year.  It was every game when receipts were printed.

Has anybody else been checked?

I'm up in the bleeds.  No checks our row.  However we saw the usher check first row--which runs at a significant premium.

BTW, Android wallet worked fine.  Not sure if auto location works, had it open on arrival.

7 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

I've not had an usher check my seats on my phone this year.  It was every game when receipts were printed.

7 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

Yes, my mom and her flip phone was stopped every blipping game. The last straw was when someone pushed between us at the section for a second time and I was halfway to our seats before I realized she was no longer with me. I finally convinced the club to give us printed tickets so she can come and go as she pleases because she isn’t about to get a smartphone.

Edited by caneswincup

Personally I dont mind the use of the technology but I prefer the use of the tkt stub. The problem I run into is if you are in the lower level and you decide to go out onto the concourse re-entry will be checked. If you have a large group including young kids you need to stay with the gatekeeper who has the tkts on their phone. No my 6 yr old grandson does not have a cell phone. Currently it limits the mobility of a large party to move freely and independently.