Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Trades, Player moves and Free Agency

Recommended Posts

Andrew Poturalski is signing with the Ducks.  Surprised he never got a call up at all this season.  Don't blame him one bit for leaving.  Might have a chance to see him now in San Diego, the Ducks AHL affiliate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BoDarville said:

Lol if we lose Aho, I'm done.

Wow, that's extreme. I have been a franchise fan since the late '70's, and didn't even leave when they traded Ronnie Franchise and Ulfie Samuelson to the Penguins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I admittedly haven't followed free agency much, but does anyone else get the feeling we're going cheap and blowing it up again? I've seen a trade that cost us a good player and we got nothing, negotiations with our best player going south and our young talent bailing. 

 

This franchise created a lot of goodwill in a short period of time. It would be unfortunate to see it all get ****** away because of incompetence or penny-pinching.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hainsey to sign in Ottawa along with Ennis.

 

Good move for Ottawa, he can be a mentor.

 

Toronto’s defense wasn’t good last year, it should be worse. Talk about top-heavy, all at the forward position.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, beboplar said:

Wow, that's extreme. I have been a franchise fan since the late '70's, and didn't even leave when they traded Ronnie Franchise and Ulfie Samuelson to the Penguins.

 

I'm using "done" in the sense of not buying tickets to games, not heavily following them anymore. Not in the sense of "I'm picking a new team." Felt like I needed to clarify.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kyrule said:

Hainsey to sign in Ottawa along with Ennis.

 

Good move for Ottawa, he can be a mentor.

 

Toronto’s defense wasn’t good last year, it should be worse. Talk about top-heavy, all at the forward position.

Typical Toronto then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aho just came up on XM.  They said the three teams have contacted Carolina threatening an offer sheet and were told we will match any offer sheet and we are NOT listening to trade talk.  This is slightly different that what LeBrun reported.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BoDarville said:

I admittedly haven't followed free agency much, but does anyone else get the feeling we're going cheap and blowing it up again? I've seen a trade that cost us a good player and we got nothing, negotiations with our best player going south and our young talent bailing. 

 

This franchise created a lot of goodwill in a short period of time. It would be unfortunate to see it all get ****** away because of incompetence or penny-pinching.

 

Not me.  Free agency hasn't even started yet, way too early to draw those type conclusions imo.   And I'm afraid one of the side effects of a very strong pipeline is that there won't be room for a lot of promising kids to progress within the organization. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OBXer said:

Josiah Didier, who played on D for the winners from Charlotte, appears headed to BOS

 

 

If Boston gives him a chance with the big club, i expect everyone will be seeing what i've been saying about him all along.  Best defensive defenseman Charlotte had, just wasn't one of the sexy names to drop when discussions about our defensive depth came up.  Bums me out way more than losing Boychuk Saarela and Terry Poturalski.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

T - 10 and counting!! Laissez les bons temps rouler, and oh, pass the crawfish please. much better than popcorn, particularly with Abita beer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cclifford10 said:

Aho just came up on XM.  They said the three teams have contacted Carolina threatening an offer sheet and were told we will match any offer sheet and we are NOT listening to trade talk.  This is slightly different that what LeBrun reported.

I’d trust LeBrun before any of the hacks on XM.

 

8 minutes to mayhem!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, cclifford10 said:

Aho just came up on XM.  They said the three teams have contacted Carolina threatening an offer sheet and were told we will match any offer sheet and we are NOT listening to trade talk.  This is slightly different that what LeBrun reported.

That is what we keep hearing.  Why would Canes management say something to the effect that they will match ANY offer sheet?  Gives incentive for competitor to make stupid high offer just to use up Canes' financial resources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

 

 

If Boston gives him a chance with the big club, i expect everyone will be seeing what i've been saying about him all along.  Best defensive defenseman Charlotte had, just wasn't one of the sexy names to drop when discussions about our defensive depth came up.  Bums me out way more than losing Boychuk Saarela and Terry Poturalski.

I don't know that much about him, but McKeown had a +30 or so down there, so I would rate him as the highest defensive DMan, since he is not known as an offensive DMan, and must be earning all those +'s on D.  Not sure why we ever extended TVR for 2 yers when McKeown was ready to step in at less $ for what seemed like equal skill set.  Is TVR that much better?

Edited by beboplar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

 

Not me.  Free agency hasn't even started yet, way too early to draw those type conclusions imo.   And I'm afraid one of the side effects of a very strong pipeline is that there won't be room for a lot of promising kids to progress within the organization. 

That makes sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is always talk of one trade leading to another, but nothing usually happens.  Consider this: the DeHaan trade could be viewed as part two of the Marleau trade.  When looked at in terms of a three team trade, Carolina received Toronto's 1st, Marleau's contract, Forsberg, and Forsling.  Chicago received Calvin Dehaan and Saarela, Toronto received Carolina's 6th and cap relief.  DeHaan's salary basically equals the buyout amount for Marleau.  So we really received a 1st for Dehaan.  Not so bad.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, beboplar said:

I don't know that much about him, but McKeown had a +30 or so down there, so I would rate him as the highest defensive Man, since he is not known as an offensive Man, and must be earning all those +'s on D.  Not sure why we ever extended TVR for 2 yers when McKeown was ready to step in at less $ for what seemed like equal skill set.  Is TVR that much better?

I really liked watching McKeown in Charlotte. Was a game-changer at times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, caniac6 said:

What does a team have to give us if Aho takes an offer sheet?

A ****ton of picks!

Edited by AWACSooner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...