The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
OBXer

Trades, Player moves and Free Agency

Crafty moves by the committee so far. Give up a little cash and moved prospect(s) along that weren't going to play anyway to build the offense up front and ink our goalie. Well done. Team "feels" better. Now let's execute. 

Edited by sleekfeeder

In addition, with Columbus falling apart losing key FAs, that’s perhaps one team that might be a little less competitive in the Metro next season. I don’t count anyone out. Another team could easily take their place but maybe those cannon blasts won’t be as annoying 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Canesfanforever said:

I hope so .  maybe then we could get a right handed shooter for the canes  instead of another lefty ! 

You do know how to emulate a broken record. I will give you that.

1 hour ago, surfzone365 said:

In addition, with Columbus falling apart losing key FAs, that’s perhaps one team that might be a little less competitive in the Metro next season. I don’t count anyone out. Another team could easily take their place but maybe those cannon blasts won’t be as annoying 🤷🏻‍♂️

Both Devils and Rangers made some big moves though.

Instead, he’ll go to Carolina for just two seasons at a more than reasonable $3.375MM cap hit and could be one of the biggest bargains of the offseason. Even after watching Micheal Ferland head west, the Hurricanes have now given their secondary scoring a boost with the additions of Dzingel and Erik Haula and could be a more dangerous team next season.

From Pro Hockey Rumors. https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2019/07/carolina-hurricanes-sign-ryan-dzingel.html

Also, it is confusing he's listed multiple places as a center, but I guess that was in college, he's been pretty much all winger in the NHL according to the article.

Canes have $7.7M in cap space and 5 roster spots to fill.  The Marleau cap space would be comforting about now, but I'm sure there is a plan.

18 minutes ago, super_dave_1 said:

Canes have $7.7M in cap space and 5 roster spots to fill.  The Marleau cap space would be comforting about now, but I'm sure there is a plan.

it was just for this year . next year the canes will get back that extra dough .  

29 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

it was just for this year . next year the canes will get back that extra dough .  

I got that.  Also HWSNBN's hit comes off.  Still $7.7M isn't a lot with at least 4 spots to fill.

3 hours ago, surfzone365 said:

I actually think that all three NYC teams make it to the playoffs next season...as well as the Craps and Canes.  I think the Pens will be on the outside.  Philly will barely miss as well...and the BJ’s will be a dumpster fire.

29 minutes ago, super_dave_1 said:

I got that.  Also HWSNBN's hit comes off.  Still $7.7M isn't a lot with at least 4 spots to fill.

We have 2 more seasons of HWSNBN

we have 1 starting 4th line forward and 1 3rd pair starting defender. 1-2 extra roster players.  7.7 should be plenty.

Edited by gocanes0506

nino  aho   williams 

svechnikov  staal  turbo

dzingle  wallmark   haula   

mcginn  martinook foegle 

slavin  hamilton 

pesce  faulk  

fleury  bean , ( till tvr  comes back ) 

mrazek 

ned  

Players usually say the right things but Dzingel really impressed me with his words. Sounds like a guy who could flourish under Brindy.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bing_Chow said:

Players usually say the right things but Dzingel really impressed me with his words. Sounds like a guy who could flourish under Brindy.

Good point. This team is full of guys who feed off of each other and the confidence the coach inspires in them. Dzingel is already averaging .51 ppg, or a 40 point season over all of his NHL games, but his trend has been up: 32, 41, 56. I like to underestimate and be surprised, but if he finds chemistry, the path up is to 60 points, which would be vrrr nice.

OK capologists, would you predict can we get everyone signed and still sign Williams with $7 million? Who can be hidden in the AHL? Would we have to trade one of the names on the list of guys not signed? Who'd have thought we'd be a cap team? The main names I'm seeing are:

Williams

Fleury

McGinn

Saku

Forsberg

Forsling

5 minutes ago, remkin said:

OK capologists, would you predict can we get everyone signed and still sign Williams with $7 million? Who can be hidden in the AHL? Would we have to trade one of the names on the list of guys not signed? Who'd have thought we'd be a cap team? The main names I'm seeing are:

Williams

Fleury

McGinn

Saku

Forsberg

Forsling

Having signed Dzingel to a team friendly, IMO, contract, a huge part of your question relies upon JW's decision.  I think we would all like to see him return for one more season, and if he does, he deserves something along the lines of a $5M deal.  If that is a given, then management needs to consider moving 1 or 2 contracts.  As you remarked, who woulda thunk it?  If they can move Reimer's $3.4M in trade for a prospect or pick(s), that is a good money dump.  I don't see McKeown's name on your list, but I have said for a couple of year's he may be a value alternative to TVR.  The response has always been that we don't need to lose TVR's $, but right now it would not hurt, if there is not much fall off to the 3rd defensive line.  Depending on how much McGinn ends up with in arbitration, he is another possible trade candidate if JW resigns.  I like his energy and play on the PK, though, so hopefully it won't come to that.  Reimer's contract going away would about seal the deal.

4 hours ago, Canesfanforever said:

you dont have williams coming back ? 

I’ll pencil him in when he signs.  The thought of Marty and Foegele on the 4th line is too much excitement to take right now.

Edited by gocanes0506
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, remkin said:

Williams

Fleury

McGinn

Saku

Forsberg

Forsling

Saku and Forsling are waivers exempt still.  Forsberg isnt.

8 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Saku and Forsling are waivers exempt still.  Forsberg isnt.

Forsling isn't exempt, unfortunately..

Edited by LakeLivin