The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

In Season Talk 2019-20

7 hours ago, remkin said:

NHL 4256 covid tests: zero positive. Zero Strip club incidents. And that was pre-bubble.

Different caliber of morale constituency apparently, thankfully?

36 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

wxray, i could not agree more with your sentiments. IMHO, it is absolutely putrid how ESPN, at least radio, keeps pushing NBA down our collective throats, not only in season, but thru the off season as well. I use to at least listen on the short commute to work and home, now with virtually 24/7 coverage given disproportionally to basketball, i just leave my radio off. ESPN obviously is deeply invested and apparently has real conflict of interest in reporting sports?  

Me too.

After 9/11, I switched off NPR, other news, and went to sports radio.  It was a wonderful escape.  For about 10 years.

And then, and then, they started to cram politics down our throat.  Sport stories chosen had to be political.  Etc.

So not only are they invested in the sport of BB (and not hockey, of course), they are also invested in news, through their ABC connection.  Frankly, NHL news is boring.  No strip joint chicken wings. 

So it goes.  There's deeper political connections but it starts with the news connection.

Edited by wxray1
  • Like 1

ESPN cared a lot for hockey.. until 2004, when they lost the TV contract, and retaliated by removing all coverage outside of basic score lines and weird Top Ten goal clips.

The contract is back up for bidding this year, although nothing will be done until the world becomes slightly more sane.  It is entirely possible that the NHL might return to the sphere of 'Things ESPN Cares About'.

• Like 1

Don't forget ESPN's fawning over anything $EC...

Now, let's talk about hockey, since the Evil Empire and Phlyers are tilting it up right now...2-1 Gritty

1 hour ago, cane-addict-1 said:

What options do I have to watch the games?

Try NHL66/NHL Streams.   Works real well on a laptop.   I've used it all over this country when traveling for many years now and noticed this morning it is streaming yesterday's games. 

39 minutes ago, snuffy72 said:

Try NHL66/NHL Streams.   Works real well on a laptop.   I've used it all over this country when traveling for many years now and noticed this morning it is streaming yesterday's games. 

Have tou checked that streams for exhibition games are there? I used sportsurge.net during regular season but yesterday there were no streams for Pens vs Philly

It is a great day to be discussing hockey and not <you know>.  Even better to be discussing winning Canes hockey!

Let's go Canes!

Edited by wxray1