The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

In Season Talk 2019-20

Talking like you are waiting for him to get nailed and end up with maybe a serious injury is just plain wrong. Just my opinion. I apologize in advance if this comment appears harsh.

1 minute ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Dude, you don't need to be a first-round pick to see that opening. That goal was 90 percent Haula drawing everybody down low. Necas is talented, and clearly has chemistry with his linemates. But when you play with your head down in this league, you eventually pay--and the longer you get away with it, the less likely you are to correct it before that happens. 

It’s a joke. Jeez.🙂

22 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Just wait til he gets set on his transcendent patootie a few times, because with the way he skates with his head down through the neutral zone, it's coming...

I've seen a few transcendent patooties, but I'm not thinking of Necas when I think of them! :grin:

• Like 1

Given everybody seems to have an opinion on why Necas belongs, I think it's time Top convince the rest of the free world why Goat should be skating to glory beside Haula and Dzingle.  :sarcasm:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

Given everybody seems to have an opinion on why Necas belongs, I think it's time Top convince the rest of the free world why Goat should be skating to glory beside Haula and Dzingle.  :sarcasm:

I've been disappointed in Gauthier's play.  If he can't score he should consistently bring a physical game.  He has done neither.

9 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

So here we are, best start ever, and the fans are ready to duke it out on the boards.

Wonderful.

Already in late season form. 😂 

The tone is very different from early last January imo.   Things on here were getting really ugly back then. 

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

So here we are, best start ever, and the fans are ready to duke it out on the boards.

Wonderful.

Wanna fight?  Didn’t think so! ;)  :P 

35 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

Wonderful.

Well at least the battle is a prospect vs prospect instead of the team not performing / who to fire / TD is all talk.

14 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Well at least the battle is a prospect vs prospect instead of the team not performing / who to fire / TD is all talk.

I still think LaRose could be a top line winger on this team ;)

1 hour ago, wxray1 said:

Wonderful.

Join in, the water is warm. Or not. Depending on how thick your lenses are. :beach:

Everybody is pulling for both guys last I checked.  :thumbsup:

Edited by coastal_caniac
  • Like 2

Here's my take -

The team taught Svech how to play a two-way game last year starting on the third line.....forward to today

The team is teaching Marty how to play a two-way game this year starting on the third line.....forward to next year if it works...I think it's on the path. The guy oozes speed and skill.

Goat might get another few chances this year, but he's probably going to have to find a way to adapt his game to some fourth line grinding, because he's not going to get a sniff in the top-6.

Edited by coastal_caniac

I brought this up last year i think  but it needs to be  mentioned again .   

Every year there is  a handful of teams that get out to a hot start and once they get that first lost of the season  they tend to  go into sort of a slump  .    Im not going to name any teams or anything  but i would like to say that teams that find their way out of that slump   tend to carry themselves going forward better cause they end up knowing what it is they need to do in order to stay on pace .   

I think what we are seeing this year   might be different  for a lot of teams and  well   it's kind of hard to see where things will get hammered out  for teams  to play correctly  or  keep making the same mistakes that continue the trend  of losing .  

Still 6-2 which is outstanding...but imo Roddie made a poor coaching decision in the 2nd by putting out the Aho line for the entire 5 on 3, about 2.5 minutes. No surprise they didn’t score and we burned our best opportunity to get back in the game.  Huala’s line without question should have been on the ice - they’re a proven unit and without question our best line. The Aho line hasn’t earned the right to be a lead PP unit. It’s frustrating watching Roddies accommodations at the expense of the best line yield nothing. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, raleighcaniac said:

But when will that be?  Individually they are talented players but lets get honest (not at you Rem, just in general) right now these two SUCK playing together. 14 games between them and one empty netter and 3 helpers. A total joke. Roddie is doing what he can do to help but seriously between regular shifts and PP they are not getting it done. We are fortunate to have depth picking up their slack but these two cost us the Columbus game for lack of production and it will happen again.  Split them up. What else can you do??

This. Put Svech with TT and Aho and watch the pucks tickle the twine.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, cc said:

Talking like you are waiting for him to get nailed and end up with maybe a serious injury

Yeah. That's what I'm doing. I love it when our guys get hurt.

Or was that a joke too?

10 hours ago, wxray1 said:

Wonderful.

It's the early in the long grind lack of sleep. And the disappointment of an 82-0 season biting the dust.:dizzy::boxing::violin:

1 hour ago, PamlicoPuck said:

6 of the first 8 games B2B and we are 6-2.. not bad..  shoot the schedule maker

That's what is impressive about this team.  All those back to backs and still 6-2.  I don't think many times that had 6 of their first 8 games this season B2B would do any better.  Just wait until our schedule gets more spaced out and normal (games every two-3 days).  This team will likely do even better.  Yeah, we still have 13 B2B's left but we don't have any more B2B's until November.  Our first month schedule has been brutal.  After Friday it finally gets more normalized.

I am hoping that we are atleast 6-2-1 coming off the Ducks game. After that the schedule sets up really nice for us.

6 day break

then we’ll play

Columbus

Chicago x 2

Philly x 2

Rangers x 2

Ottawa x 2

Red wings x 2

Flames

Devils

Panthers

Sabres 

Wild

Over 5 weeks. We have a really great shot at putting up a ton of points in that sequence. Over 16 games, the only ones we come in with a low to no advantage are the Sabres and Flames. By the time we get to the Sabres there will be enough scouting materials to have a good game plan.

then its get rough in late November/ December. Really the rest of the season will be rough with a couple of 2-3 easier opponent stretches.  

Edited by gocanes0506

7 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Anyone else notice last night  Marleau   and  Haula  were hardly on the same ice through the game ??   or if they were    They both were at a distance from one another  ? 

Roddie protecting Haula from lightning striking twice or Sharks’ coach protecting Marleau?