Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

In Season Talk 2019-20

Recommended Posts

I think we need to bench Reimer and bring Nedeljkovic up for a try. Saying it before and saying it again, I did not like his stats in Florida and watching him here he is too slow. Need to move on! (IMHO)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Goalieman_nc said:

I think we need to bench Reimer and bring Nedeljkovic up for a try. Saying it before and saying it again, I did not like his stats in Florida and watching him here he is too slow. Need to move on! (IMHO)

Ned isn’t exactly lighting it up in Charlotte right now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, raleighcaniac said:

Ridiculous that the Norris is more about who the Dman is that puts up the most points.  The best defenseman award should go the player who is just that, and who can also contribute to some extent offensively. By that criteria Slavin would be a top 3 candidate; guy rarely, rarely, rarely gets beat and and also has goals and assists. I like Dougie but he goes out of his way to avoid contact in the corners or end boards when coming back for the puck and often cedes it to the forward breathing down his neck. Ovi exposed him in the playoffs last season and I watch that now with regularity. Nothing physical about his game at all and he's 6'6". Again, glad we have him for the points and PP but Norris? Don't think so.

Slavin is racking up assists right now on a 50-ish point pace. All of his 11 points are in 5v5. And he often looks like the fastest skater on our team. This is nothing new though, almost like a continuation of his game in the playoffs last year. He won't make the All Star game or be in the running for the Norris, Dougie will, but he is our personal 6th man of the year. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

It is out of the question to want to trade Staal and Mcginn , Reimer  and perhaps  Foegele ? 

Depends on whose question?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

It is out of the question to want to trade Staal and Mcginn , Reimer  and perhaps  Foegele ? 

The first three, definitely at this point.  It is doubtful Staal will agree to go anywhere.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

It is out of the question to want to trade Staal and Mcginn , Reimer  and perhaps  Foegele ? 

But we loved these 3 forwards in the playoffs last year.....remember?   Can't pull the trigger that fast on trades because of a losing streak.  All 3 of those guys are low point producers and always will be.  Staal is faceoffs,defense, and penalty kill.  The other 2 are 3rd and 4th liners who score clutch goals now and than and play hard.  They will all get their 14-18 goals this season.  They are not the big problem right now.  lousy goal tending for the last week, with defensive break downs and little to no goal scoring from Aho, TT, Nino, Dzingel, Haula(injured) are the problem.  8million dollar man has to start leading the offense and putting them in.  Svech and Haula are the only 2 forwards doing their job of scoring pretty consistently. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Svech year 2. Rewatched this morning. Not only not shying away from contact, he now skates around looking for some, pushing people around(off the puck)and delivering board punishment. A kid realizing just how bruising and physical he can be with grown men, of which he is fast becoming one. By 22/23 he may be the scariest, most dangerous player in the league without too much of a stretch.

 

AND. Without scoring, NINO played a great game of puck recovery, passes to tape and board battling last night. And another post from scrapping in and around the slot. He'll be fine I think.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, 2ndsacker said:

Svech year 2. Rewatched this morning. Not only not shying away from contact, he now skates around looking for some, pushing people around(off the puck)and delivering board punishment. A kid realizing just how bruising and physical he can be with grown men, of which he is fast becoming one. By 22/23 he may be the scariest, most dangerous player in the league without too much of a stretch.

 

Svetch was robbed of a goal by the D-man on that failed pass from Fleury.   Fleury got the goal, of course, but you know the D had to take a chance to disrupt it from Svetch.

 

I'm loving his continued transition to a mature player. 

Edited by wxray1
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Danimal38 said:

But we loved these 3 forwards in the playoffs last year.....remember?   Can't pull the trigger that fast on trades because of a losing streak.  All 3 of those guys are low point producers and always will be.  Staal is faceoffs,defense, and penalty kill.  The other 2 are 3rd and 4th liners who score clutch goals now and than and play hard.  They will all get their 14-18 goals this season.  They are not the big problem right now.  lousy goal tending for the last week, with defensive break downs and little to no goal scoring from Aho, TT, Nino, Dzingel, Haula(injured) are the problem.  8million dollar man has to start leading the offense and putting them in.  Svech and Haula are the only 2 forwards doing their job of scoring pretty consistently. 

Thank you for your restrained, non-reactionary sanity in your analysis of the present situation Danimal. Apparently this similar rationale is in Rod's character fiber to a fault, thank goodness, and he sticks to convictions of his judgement well past what we fans do. As you've pointed out, construction of a team makeup is complex, and all cannot be a Matthews, McDavid or Gretzky? Need a few blue collar, worker bees and of the 4 being called out (i.e. Staal, McGinn, Foegele and Reimer), the 1st 3 have had their moments. Besides, trade them for who and for what?

 

One more note, seems Martinook must be real close? That should be one real shot in the arm when he returns.  

Edited by KJUNKANE
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 2ndsacker said:

Just heard Laughlin say he was having Roddy on morning skate tomorrow. FYI

Good.  I enjoy the times he has Forslund on there too

Edited by AWACSooner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, KJUNKANE said:

Thank you for your restrained, non-reactionary sanity in your analysis of the present situation Danimal. Apparently this similar rationale is in Rod's character fiber to a fault, thank goodness, and he sticks to convictions of his judgement well past what we fans do. As you've pointed out, construction of a team makeup is complex, and all cannot be a Matthews, McDavid or Gretzky? Need a few blue collar, worker bees and of the 4 being called out (i.e. Staal, McGinn, Foegele and Reimer), the 1st 3 have had their moments. Besides, trade them for who and for what?

 

One more note, seems Martinook must be real close? That should be one real shot in the arm when he returns.  

Shut down guys are literally a dime a dozen  in the nhl .   Martinook who the canes got for practically nothing  is a great addition  because of his locker room  presence  but on ice he is a perfect example  of who you could easily replace  someone with   (  what was his name who  the canes traded  for Marty ? ) .   Staal at the price tag he is under  im not a fan of .   Maybe something can be re-worked  once he becomes a ufa in the future .   McGinn   and Foegele  i believe could  be easily  replaced  for better players .   I think with how  tight  the cap is right now  that the canes wont be able to keep it's core  in the future .   I know people for years wanted to see the canes spend to the cap ,   The reason why im not a fan of doing that is because you end up with a toronto or vegas  problem  having to shed away key talented guy in the end ,     and  you have to think about    about future players that   do produce big numbers   ,   no one wants to see guy like that  have to find a new team to be with .   Next year is when HWSNBN  contract comes off  and Marleau's  contract  end  giving the canes what in cap space ?     it's better to think about it now than later .  just a suggestion . 

Edited by Canesfanforever

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CFF, reading your posts is becoming painful because of the horrible punctuation, grammar, and syntax of the sentences.  I have to ask,

is English your primary language?  If so, please take a few moments before posting to read over the content and formatting, because it’s an extremely difficult read.

Edited by AWACSooner
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

CFF, reading your posts is becoming painful because of the horrible punctuation, grammar, and syntax of the sentences.  I have to ask,

is English your primary language?  If so, please take a few moments before posting to read over the contentAnd formatting, because it’s an extremely difficult read.

I think this is like the 10th try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Canesfanforever said:

It is out of the question to want to trade Staal and Mcginn , Reimer  and perhaps  Foegele ? 

Brock is as good of a bottom 6-er as it gets and he is so bought in. Him injured fighting Ryan last night says it all. Also see my avatar 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Staal is IMO hurt or something we don't yet know about. McGinn is a heart and soul 4th liner with some upside and is a Cane from the draft, and can at worst be a long term 4th liner. Foegele is still a bit of an unknown, but as an early sophomore has way more upside than trade value. Reimer....maybe. He looked really good early, but has had a couple of shakey starts. There is no return value though, and until he either Mongo's it, or Ned/Forsberg look ready, gotta be slow to pull that trigger.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...