The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

In Season Talk 2019-20

Hate to change the subject from the discussion the homeland of our European players; but after recently returning from a lengthy upper body injury, Micheal Ferland left last night's Van-Tor tilt with another upper body injury. Glad we let him walk!!!!!

12 minutes ago, AssistantGM said:

Hate to change the subject from the discussion the homeland of our European players; but after recently returning from a lengthy upper body injury, Micheal Ferland left last night's Van-Tor tilt with another upper body injury. Glad we let him walk!!!!!

Already being discussed in the “Once They Were Canes” thread 

For what's it worth:  Spector Hockey

Friedman believes the Carolina Hurricanes had interest in Dallas Stars free-agent defenseman Julius Honka before Dec. 1. He wonders what the summer might bring for Honka, who needs a fresh start.

3 minutes ago, caniac_fan said:
For what's it worth:  Spector Hockey

Friedman believes the Carolina Hurricanes had interest in Dallas Stars free-agent defenseman Julius Honka before Dec. 1. He wonders what the summer might bring for Honka, who needs a fresh start.

No way.  Have watched him in Dallas...head case and turnover machine 

1 hour ago, AWACSooner said:

Ask Adam Fox 

As much as I'd like to believe that our abundance of D played a role in Fox's decision, I really think that his decision was a little bit of an "entitled attitude", warranted/earned or not, plus a large dose of his enamorance of "the big city lights" in NYC? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

As much as I'd like to believe that our abundance of D played a role in Fox's decision, I really think that his decision was a little bit of an "entitled attitude", warranted/earned or not, plus a large dose of his enamorance of "the big city lights" in NYC? 

I do too, but it was a convenient excuse for him to blame our blue line overload 

• Like 2

On 12/11/2019 at 10:47 AM, LakeLivin said:

Whenever Waddell gets credited (or if he were blamed) for anything Canes, I feel the need to chip in with my opinion that it should more accurately be The Committee.  While I have no doubt that Waddell is an important part of The Committee, I suspect that Tulsky may be just as (or possibly even more?) important.  With a bunch of other people chipping in as well (including Brindy)

I’m flat out guilty of thinking Waddell’s elevation to GM was a huge mistake, and that he was just a placeholder for the real decision maker, Dundon. I did say, and still believe that Dundon signs the checks and can do what he pleases. Having said that, I do believe Waddell has done a great job. It may be the work of “the committee”, but if the team goes south, Waddell will be the one getting fired, so I think he should get the lion’s share of the credit.

on the flip side, it looks like Francis is assembling some of the guys who left with him in Seattle. I think I saw that Ricky O is on his staff anyway. After the masterful job Vegas did in the expansion draft, there will be a lot of pressure on Ronnie to make Seattle relevant right away. I don’t wish him any I’ll will at all, but I doubt he will have a goalie like Fleury fall in his lap, so ... watch out.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 6:51 PM, AWACSooner said:

So?  

Its a solid move.

A. We add more RHD depth

B. He has 2 more years of waiver exemption

C. He is Finnish

side note, from the same place as Haula.

This move gives Detroit a guy that is more ready to play now. He wasn’t going to crack the 8th spot for us so, it is a win for all parties.

Edited by gocanes0506
  • Like 1

On 12/12/2019 at 2:04 PM, AWACSooner said:

Ask Adam Fox 

He officially has 30 games so the Canes now have 2 - 2nds, & 2 - 3rds...Come on Toronto let them end up with the 11th pick so we have 6 picks in the top 93...Or plenty of picks for a deadline trade!

Edited by rocheccw
  • Like 1