The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

In Season Talk 2019-20

Just heard that on the Canes opponents last 60 power plays, the Canes have given up 4 goals and scored 5 shorties.  Outscoring the opposition on their PPs? THAT'S HOCKEY, BABY!

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Check out this excerpt from a The Hockey News All Access + article about Dougie Hamilton.  

https://thehockeynews.com/all-access/article/hurricanes-hamilton-at-peace-after-finding-the-perfect-home-for-his-personality

[It's from their $ subscription section so that's all I could see, but I wouldn't feel comfortable quoting much more than that anyways.]

Click on the text to blow it up so you can see it better.

560481745_Hamiltonexcerpt.thumb.JPG.457b02a2ff47b3854cd629e2f086f803.JPG

I'm having a hard time deciding who my favorite Cane currently is, Dougie or Svech.

Not sure how or why, but at first the All Access + article was blacked out after the first 2 paragraphs, but then somehow I got the full article.  

17 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Just heard that on the Canes opponents last 60 power plays, the Canes have given up 4 goals and scored 5 shorties.  Outscoring the opposition on their PPs? THAT'S HOCKEY, BABY!

4CCD08EB-4A00-4BDB-BDB1-3A789A6747AF.gif

I like the trickling separation  pace between teams above the line and ones below, even extending to the 2nd and 3rd in the Atlantic. It's two fold positive. As the Atlantic shuffles, teams falling out of their division will fall out of wildcard simultaneously, and it affords the luxury of having a rough 2 or 3 game stretch without losing contention credentials. If it stays this way or even grows a little, playoff spots will shuffle and race strictly within the Metro, where as the Canes look to be continually getting better and deeper, our fortunes look promising for a better seed than last year. Realistically, I see us as the #2 metro, yet the less wins happening for teams just below the cut line all the better as the season stretches. I would add that our level of play has found a more consistent mode in Dec(even in losses)while playing this tough schedule and maybe that carries over when a few bottom feeders start getting mixed in. If this team plays at its expectation level as it has for the last 2 or three weeks, I see only 3, maybe 4 that can claim to be any better.

• Like 1

Julien Gauthier was reassigned to Charlotte.  Are the Canes going with a) 7 defensemen, b) calling up someone else, or c) is Haula ready to return?

7 minutes ago, beboplar said:

Julien Gauthier was reassigned to Charlotte.  Are the Canes going with a) 7 defensemen, b) calling up someone else, or c) is Haula ready to return?

Haula is skating with the team. Brindy says he is day to day so hard to tell.

Brindy

17 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Im literally dying  here laughing  that kolvy is on waivers .   i know he is old  but what happened ?

6.250 mil for this year and the next one with NMC. And he only got 3+6 points this season. Kings are going to terminate his contract.

26 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Im literally dying  here laughing  that kolvy is on waivers .   i know he is old  but what happened ?

You know what 'literally' means, don't you?

• Like 3

I locked the thread but Hall is a coyote

for Bahl, schnarr, Merkley, 2020 1st and conditional 2021 pick.  The condition being if:

they re-sign Hall and win a playoff series then its a 1st

2nd if one of those two things happen

3rd if neither happens

that is ton for a rental. Hall can’t catch a break. Picked by a poorly runned Edmonto squad, traded to a poorly runned NJ team, and now to Arizona. Rough. 

I'd say he got a decent break with Arizona and so did they. Division leader and been building to a decent run for several years. He and Garland on a line could give everybody fits.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Gibbons just got recalled...

seriously, puck a guy and stick with him...stop this onesie twosie crap!

I think there is some cap calculation, waiver calculation and maybe even some looking ahead to the expansion draft calculations going on here. Or we are just trying to get a look at everyone

I have no clue how they decide who to call up, but in an interview a month or so ago, RB sounded like he left it to Charlotte who would play for the big club.   

At least Haula is getting closer.

This may look like a silly question but here goes.   What is the purpose of locking the Taylor Hall thread and then maybe opening it up again at the end of the season if he doesn't happen to sign with Arizona?   Since I have not been on this forum very long I am just wondering.  I see lots of conversations on here that go on and on and on about certain subject matter and then when I see a lock on a thread I just ask....what is the criteria?   Thanks for any clarification.  

The fourth line isn’t going to get enough PT to warrant keeping a prospect up.  Give him a couple of short spurts with ideas to work on. Send him back down to work on it.

1 minute ago, snuffy72 said:

This may look like a silly question but here goes.   What is the purpose of locking the Taylor Hall thread and then maybe opening it up again at the end of the season if he doesn't happen to sign with Arizona?   Since I have not been on this forum very long I am just wondering.  I see lots of conversations on here that go on and on and on about certain subject matter and then when I see a lock on a thread I just ask....what is the criteria?   Thanks for any clarification.  

The post is should the Canes get Taylor Hall.  We can’t get him since he was just traded.  We could possibly pursue Hall again in the off-season being that he is a FA.

The post is should the Canes get Taylor Hall.  We can’t get him since he was just traded.  We could possibly pursue Hall again in the off-season being that he is a FA.

Oh....O.K. !!