The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

In Season Talk 2019-20

What I want to know is why, after looking like top tier teams when they played us, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton have fallen off a damn cliff after they played us!?!?

5 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

What I want to know is why, after looking like top tier teams when they played us, Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton have fallen off a damn cliff after they played us!?!?

We utterly demoralized them. After they played us, they thought, "why bother, it's all over". 

7 minutes ago, Bonivan said:

Is there a holiday in Toronto on Monday, Dec 23rd? Canes game @Leafs starts at 2 PM.

Was wondering that also? That's an awful time for me, I'd much prefer 2am over 2pm!!

25 minutes ago, remkin said:

We utterly demoralized them. After they played us, they thought, "why bother, it's all over". 

If that’s the case, then the NHL schedulers need to be flogged for not giving us the Evil Empire until MARCH!!

6 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

If that’s the case, then the NHL schedulers need to be flogged for not giving us the Evil Empire until MARCH!!

I so agree with this AWACS. I just cannot understand how a computer generated schedule for 31 teams can do some of the things we are seeing in schedules this year? Now, I'm the fartherist there is from a geek, but by random chance alone, how do we end up playing that team almost exclusively in the last month of the season?

1 hour ago, remkin said:

Aaaand the Islanders have tied it.

5-5 now? Am I crazy, but are we seeing more scoring this year? Seems that in years past, the 1st games are high scoring but that levels off by this stage of the season? If so, wonder what accounts for it?

Edited by KJUNKANE

2 minutes ago, remkin said:

I'll take the win, but do the Islanders every lose in regulation??

That’s the problem...same with the Evil Empire.  They win in extra time, and often give points to the teams just ahead of us or hot on our tail 

1 hour ago, Manwolf said:

Merry Christmas fellow Caniacs.  Best wishes to all for the New Year and a return visit by SC to NC in 2020.

A Manwolf sighting!!!

Merry Christmas to you as well!

• Like 1

On 12/21/2019 at 3:08 PM, KJUNKANE said:

I so agree with this AWACS. I just cannot understand how a computer generated schedule for 31 teams can do some of the things we are seeing in schedules this year? Now, I'm the fartherist there is from a geek, but by random chance alone, how do we end up playing that team almost exclusively in the last month of the season?

I assume you're talking about Pittsburgh right?  If so that is beyond bizarre.  I don't recall that ever happening, but what are the odds of playing WSH at home twice in a week (during this next homestand).  That to me is weird.  I can see playing them twice in a week in a home and home.

Pretty good. Pretty good. Canes' Social media is fast approaching ESPN add quality.  

Thinking TD told Aho, "I just paid you over $20 million in one lump sum. You're wearing the elf suit".

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sportsfan-1-2 said:

I assume you're talking about Pittsburgh right?  If so that is beyond bizarre.  I don't recall that ever happening, but what are the odds of playing WSH at home twice in a week (during this next homestand).  That to me is weird.  I can see playing them twice in a week in a home and home.

Yep, but as you also observe and I concur, much of this year's schedule is wacky?

1 minute ago, KJUNKANE said:

Yep, but as you also observe and I concur, much of this year's schedule is wacky?

Agreed.  Especially all the B2B'ers in March.  That will be a killer.

3 hours ago, remkin said:

Pretty good. Pretty good. Canes' Social media is fast approaching ESPN add quality.  

Thinking TD told Aho, "I just paid you over $20 million in one lump sum. You're wearing the elf suit".

Pretty funny. Now they need to add a piece including all of the Cherubs.

Well guys(and girls), although the game yesterday left a bitter taste in my mouth, I still want to wish all a Very Merry Christmas.

Fortunately I had to work, but did record the game. When 1st switching on here I saw the disastrous start 2-0, quickly changing to 3-0, and thought like all you, WTH? Next, I realize that we get a "shortie" and then a 2nd in period 1, and think, Well we've righted the ship? Then getting out briefly, tuned in and hear 5-3, again, WTH. Gloating to several I passed in the post office, I was likely the jinx as I thought, Well, no way we lose in the final 20 minutes? Imagine my chagrin when next tuning in to the score making it 7-6 Toronto. Thus it was no surprise for me that the Maple Leafs with their firepower scored an ENG. Oh well, I can just hit DELETE, and not ruin Christmas? Hope the team does likewise?

I'll tune in Friday, but looking like I'll end up giving my Saturday tickets away, as my LSU Tigers have an all important game starting at 4pm? See Y'll on the other side of Christmas.

23 hours ago, Sportsfan-1-2 said:

Agreed.  Especially all the B2B'ers in March.  That will be a killer.

The year they won the Cup the schedule after the Olympics was tough. Mabye this is a good thing.

1 hour ago, KJUNKANE said:

Well guys(and girls), although the game yesterday left a bitter taste in my mouth, I still want to wish all a Very Merry Christmas.

Fortunately I had to work, but did record the game. When 1st switching on here I saw the disastrous start 2-0, quickly changing to 3-0, and thought like all you, WTH? Next, I realize that we get a "shortie" and then a 2nd in period 1, and think, Well we've righted the ship? Then getting out briefly, tuned in and hear 5-3, again, WTH. Gloating to several I passed in the post office, I was likely the jinx as I thought, Well, no way we lose in the final 20 minutes? Imagine my chagrin when next tuning in to the score making it 7-6 Toronto. Thus it was no surprise for me that the Maple Leafs with their firepower scored an ENG. Oh well, I can just hit DELETE, and not ruin Christmas? Hope the team does likewise?

I'll tune in Friday, but looking like I'll end up giving my Saturday tickets away, as my LSU Tigers have an all important game starting at 4pm? See Y'll on the other side of Christmas.

Have gave away your tix for Saturday already? If not what's the price and how many tickets?