The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

In Season Talk 2019-20

2 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

You can't hit what you can't catch.

There's a reason Wayne Gretzky always had a bodyguard.  Trust me, nobody was catching he and his right wing.

1 hour ago, rocheccw said:

CAROLINA HURRICANES

Carolina Hurricanes
PROJECTED CAP HIT Tooltip : $79,950,289
PROJECTED LTIR USED Tooltip : $0
PROJECTED CAP SPACE Tooltip : $1,549,711
CURRENT CAP SPACE Tooltip : $1,549,711
TODAYS CAP HIT Tooltip : $79,950,289

This from Capfriendly now has TVR on IR, & Max McCormick on SOIR - Season Opening IR. Not sure what the difference is, but I'm sure it has to do with cap savings vs IR time. No one on LTIR.

20 man roster has got to be for cap savings(who thought I'd ever say that about the Canes!), & probably since no one was picked up on waivers. Send em down save a little cap space. then either guys come off IR, or you do a couple of call ups for the west coast trip.

Thus when TVR comes off the IL, the Canes go over the cap.  Is that just a financial penalty?  If Fleury goes to the bench, they can not send him down to Charlotte.

24 minutes ago, beboplar said:

There's a reason Wayne Gretzky always had a bodyguard.  Trust me, nobody was catching he and his right wing.

Whatevs. Glad you've found something to worry about.

58 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Nbcsn  did this 

LOL. 

Is the first row having the team reps most probably to win the next Cup? 

What Wheeler is trying to pass to Aho? Cheat sheet how to become captain?  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Caniac514 said:

LOL. 

Cant imagine Ottawa, Montreal, Florida or Philly are in the most likely to win category.  I think those 4 aren’t predicted to make the playoffs.

Edited by gocanes0506

1 hour ago, gocanes0506 said:

Cant imagine Ottawa, Montreal, Florida or Philly are in the most likely to win category.  I think those 4 aren’t predicted to make the playoffs.

yeah, you are right. Then it is the author didn't get a notice from last season and seat us in the loser's row... 👿 Take warning! 

1 hour ago, Caniac514 said:

LOL. 

First failed offer sheet.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rocheccw said:

CAROLINA HURRICANES

Carolina Hurricanes
PROJECTED CAP HIT Tooltip : $79,950,289
PROJECTED LTIR USED Tooltip : $0
PROJECTED CAP SPACE Tooltip : $1,549,711
CURRENT CAP SPACE Tooltip : $1,549,711
TODAYS CAP HIT Tooltip : $79,950,289

This from Capfriendly now has TVR on IR, & Max McCormick on SOIR - Season Opening IR. Not sure what the difference is, but I'm sure it has to do with cap savings vs IR time. No one on LTIR.

20 man roster has got to be for cap savings(who thought I'd ever say that about the Canes!), & probably since no one was picked up on waivers. Send em down save a little cap space. then either guys come off IR, or you do a couple of call ups for the west coast trip.

Since Charlotte is so close and cap space accumulates, I wonder if The Committee will take every opportunity to try to build up a balance they can spend at the trade deadline (if needed).  Or, to spend on a possible late season Willy return.

• Like 2

So in addition to the old, "you offer sheeted us Bro" story line for tomorrow, it appears we have two sets of brothers of our guys. Cale Fleury and Nick Suzuki. 

8 minutes ago, remkin said:

it appears we have two sets of brothers of our guys. Cale Fleury and Nick Suzuki.

It would be cool if our Suzuki were playing. And I think nobody beats 3 Staals in the same game :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Caniac514 said:

LOL. 

No he's giving Aho an "offer sheet".

Too soon?

6 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

You can't hit what you can't catch.

You must of missed the Boston series. 2nd most physical team in the NHL last season.  St. Louis was third. You got to play the physical game to compete in this league.  The canes couldn't keep up with Boston playing physical.  I want to see the canes do good this season and go back to the playoffs but they need a good physical forward to take Ferland's place.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, playruffcaniac said:

You must of missed the Boston series. 2nd most physical team in the NHL last season.  St. Louis was third. You got to play the physical game to compete in this league.  The canes couldn't keep up with Boston playing physical.  I want to see the canes do good this season and go back to the playoffs but they need a good physical forward to take Ferland's place.

Did Ferland play the second half of the season? I thought his last sighting was on a milk carton. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, playruffcaniac said:

That wasnt it .  The canes power play was absolutely Dog crap  and  they took stupid penalties  and the bruins power play was a monster in it self .    Also Rask was hot  at the right moment . 

• Like 1

Not that's it matters, but Eklund has the Canes last in the Metro

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/EXACTLY-What-Will-Happen-in-the-Metro-Weds-Buzz/1/101729

We're number last.  We're number last.

edit:  also has Columbus at #4, so your mileage may vary

Edited by super_dave_1

3 minutes ago, super_dave_1 said:

Not that's it matters, but Eklund has the Canes last in the Metro

https://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/EXACTLY-What-Will-Happen-in-the-Metro-Weds-Buzz/1/101729

We're number last.  We're number last.

Aho is a special player but he wanted to play elsewhere 🤣🤣

columbus 4th: eklund continues to show how clueless he is

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Aho is a special player but he wanted to play elsewhere 🤣🤣

columbus 4th: eklund continues to show how clueless he is

Not sure he's "clueless" go, or rather smart as a fox, inviting all kinds of click bait criticism?

3 hours ago, playruffcaniac said:

Exactly!  The Canes roster as it stands right now may do damage in the regular season but everyone saw what wins in the playoffs.  Boston and St. Louis, Washington and San Jose, teams with toughness advance.  It so happens that teams got by the latter two, but in both cases it was an upset and very close.

I think the team will make some adjustments along the way maybe add JW, maybe add a piece at the trade deadline.  If not, I don't see the Canes repeating last season's accomplishments.

2 hours ago, Canesfanforever said:

That wasnt it .  The canes power play was absolutely Dog crap  and  they took stupid penalties  and the bruins power play was a monster in it self .    Also Rask was hot  at the right moment . 

That was it.  The Canes could not match Boston's physical intensity.  They had their moments, Rask was very good, but the Bruins were not going to be denied.  I have been watching the Bruins play since the '60's, and they have always come with that intensity.  Losing JW and Ferland takes a big chunk out of the Canes toughness.  I hope JW takes his time then returns with all he has for one last run.

19 minutes ago, beboplar said:

That was it.  The Canes could not match Boston's physical intensity.  They had their moments, Rask was very good, but the Bruins were not going to be denied.  I have been watching the Bruins play since the '60's, and they have always come with that intensity.  Losing JW and Ferland takes a big chunk out of the Canes toughness.  I hope JW takes his time then returns with all he has for one last run.

JW was really effective against Boston's toughness, wasn't he? Marchand gave him a beatdown with his mouth. Ferland was MIA in a lot of the second half. We'll have guys step up. I'm not worried.