The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

In Season Talk 2019-20

1 hour ago, gocanes0506 said:

Correction Hamilton and Pesce were LTIR'd

Is there an official update?  CapFriendly still just has Hamilton.  Michael Smith's last update said just Hamilton, but that was 17h ago.  LTIR rules are pretty convoluted, but here's what CapFriendly is showing:

Active LTIR Summary
ACSL: $81,444,295
LTIR P.BONUS POOL SALARY POOL
Relief $0 $5,750,000
Usage $0 $500,000
Remaining $0 $5,250,000

2 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Is there an official update?  CapFriendly still just has Hamilton.  Michael Smith's last update said just Hamilton, but that was 17h ago.  LTIR rules are pretty convoluted, but here's what CapFriendly is showing:

Active LTIR Summary
ACSL: $81,444,295
LTIR P.BONUS POOL SALARY POOL
Relief $0 $5,750,000
Usage $0 $500,000
Remaining $0 $5,250,000

okay didnt know DW walked back Pesce's LTIR. It will probably happen if he does elect for the surgery.

4 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

okay didnt know DW walked back Pesce's LTIR. It will probably happen if he does elect for the surgery.

Im drawing a  hypothetical  ,  If the  Canes were to magically  win the cup ,  knock on wood .    Would Hamiltons  name be on the cup or is that only for players who played during the cup ?  I've always wondered this . 

6 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

It will probably happen if he does elect for the surgery.

What is the source for the details of Pesces injury?  Do we even know what is wrong with him?

1 minute ago, Canesfanforever said:

Im drawing a  hypothetical  ,  If the  Canes were to magically  win the cup ,  knock on wood .    Would Hamiltons  name be on the cup or is that only for players who played during the cup ?  I've always wondered this . 

regular season folks will get a name on the puck, at least I am sure.  Also, Hamilton is eligible for the playoffs.  No salary cap in the playoffs.

1 minute ago, cc said:

What is the source for the details of Pesces injury?  Do we even know what is wrong with him?

we have shoulder injury.  DW hinted that Pesce's injury was the worst of the 3.  

in The Athletic, Forsberg wouldnt originally eat American Chicken.  They were too big here and he was afraid of how they got that big.  He will only eat organic chicken now. 

Sara asked him about it in his interview post practice, yesterday.  😆

Edited by gocanes0506

8 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

I think similar questions where asked about Cole back in the day. Management or the owner can request any player's name be included but the only sure way was that a player has at least one appearance in the playoffs (or Finals?). I could be wrong though.

21 minutes ago, Whaler1 said:

I think similar questions where asked about Cole back in the day. Management or the owner can request any player's name be included but the only sure way was that a player has at least one appearance in the playoffs (or Finals?). I could be wrong though.

Okay ,  I know if the St. Louis  blues  could of  they would of had laylas   name  added to the cup . Did you see that video where they  gave her  a Cup ring ?   Canes  have to do that for David Ayres if they  manage to accomplish  the magical  !   

Edited by Canesfanforever

29 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

in The Athletic, Forsberg wouldnt originally eat American Chicken.  They were too big here and he was afraid of how they got that big.  He will only eat organic chicken now. 

Sara asked him about it in his interview post practice, yesterday.  😆

Yep those large breasts can be intimidating.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Whaler1 said:

I'd add that David Ayres' name should also be included:applaud:

• Like 1

I can't speak for David but I wouldn't want my name on the Cup unless I earned it or the players thoroughly insisted.

Everyone involved in a cup win has dedicated insane amounts of their life to reach the achievement of a Cup. I'd feel like an *edit* being on it.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

I can't speak for David but I wouldn't want my name on the Cup unless I earned it or the players thoroughly insisted.

Everyone involved in a cup win has dedicated insane amounts of their life to reach the achievement of a Cup. I'd feel like an *edit* being on it.

+1. No offence to David, but putting any feel good story on the Cup will begin to dilute the privilege of earning your rightful place on the chalice.

1 hour ago, legend-1 said:

Although I totally agree and was being tongue in cheek, alternately, that game could be the critical turning point in this season.

• Like 1

A defense of 

Slavin-Hamilton

Skjei-Pesce

Fleury-Vatanen

in the playoffs could be something special granted we could get there..  Substitute Gardiner for Fleury when at home.  Also, adding Vatanen in the mix will really help for March with our absurd amount of B2Bs.  

Skjei-Slavin

Gardiner-Vatanen

Fleury-TVR

Edmundson

in March

Edited by gocanes0506

4 minutes ago, cclifford10 said:

on paper, that looks like a great defense for next year as well...

A defense of 

Slavin-Hamilton

Skjei-Pesce

Fleury-Vatanen

that would be a defense a little more expensive this season's.  I am not sure we go that route.  

14 minutes ago, cclifford10 said:

on paper, that looks like a great defense for next year as well...

A defense of 

Slavin-Hamilton

Skjei-Pesce

Fleury-Vatanen

Vatanen  is a ufa after this season ,   Do you  think the canes  will still want  him after this season ?  It will be interesting .  Also Gardiner is m-ntc   for 3 more years :(  Im not sure who is on his list . 

Edited by Canesfanforever

22 minutes ago, Canesfanforever said:

Vatanen  is a ufa after this season ,   Do you  think the canes  will still want  him after this season ?  It will be interesting .  Also Gardiner is m-ntc   for 3 more years :(  Im not sure who is on his list . 

I would "modify" him straight to the buy out list. Guy is hot garbage.

29 minutes ago, sleekfeeder said:

I would "modify" him straight to the buy out list. Guy is hot garbage.

Way to give him a chance.

3 hours ago, cc said:

Way to give him a chance.

He keeps getting chances but continues to be hot garbage.  Can we give him a chance in the pressbox instead?