The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
super_dave_1

GDT Oct 6 Bolts @ Canes 5PM

First of all, I honestly didn't know the power that I could wield.  Let's throw this up there for today's game.

untitled.png.029d36d1be3c1c31c30f95b41c32d1fc.png

The Canes are still living the dream of the 164 point season.  The Bolts...not so much.  Bolts lost to the Panthers yesterday and had to load their shame up in the plane for a redeye to Raleigh.  Both teams played on the road yesterday, so all the back to back and travel stuff is equal.  Canes have  managed two wins while not playing their best hockey and getting no scoring from Aho.  Who are we getting scoring from?

Le me Haula at cha.  So far, this is looking like a great move.  While the Canes are on pace for 164 pts, Haula is on pace for 82 goals.  Small sample size, and I know I'm probably putting some bad juju on him by saying that, so...

luck.jpg.b354e8f3a348c4f2e71308f244f7b062.jpg

We'll let him try some of my soap to keep up the scoring.

As always in my GDT's, I avoid the line stuff because that is readily available and folks can just discuss it.  Petr will be in goal, and I hope we hear lots of "PETR, PETR, PETR" during the game.  Ok boys and girls, have at it.

Edited by super_dave_1
  • Like 5

With a 2-0 start a loss today against the leagues top team would be quickly forgiven.  However I think the Canes have other plans. A win today makes even more of a statement to the league, division, conference.  It's early but this start is really important.  Lets do the impossible and start 3-0 with two wins against top teams that always beat us in years past.  Absolutely love all the new guys, Edmunson, Gardiner, Haula, Dzingle, and Reimer.  Perfect additions. 

• Like 3

Win this one and some so called experts' necks will be sore on Monday morning. Bolts speed and quickness isn't near so scary as it has been for a while now. Lot of gelling left to do for us, but they're also just another club that played last night and had their clocks cleaned in round 1. Heads will turn.

sidenote....Heading down from LKN and have an extra seat in 112 if anyone needs it. Message box if interested.

• Like 1

Playing with house money time.

No one expects this one.  Do it and everyone in the league (me too) will have to twist their minds into some new configuration when thinking about the Canes.  Lets do it... it would be cool.

• Like 4

Both teams going into the back end of a B2B with travel.

Our much improved depth should help us compete in this game than years before.  

Score early and often!

1 hour ago, super_dave_1 said:

First of all, I honestly didn't know the power that I could wield.  Let's throw this up there for today's game.

Grrr ;)

1 hour ago, 2ndsacker said:

sidenote....Heading down from LKN and have an extra seat in 112 if anyone needs it. Message box if interested.

I’m on my way...except last minute tix from OKC ain’t cheap :P

28 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

I'm looking for Aho to be big in the boxscore today.  Can't keep a good man down.

And hollah, hollah, hollah,.........

Aho has been quiet although last nights game was his best so far.  I think he's on the verge of breaking out.  I'd like to see Dzingle pot one.  He came close vs MTL.

I think right now it's the linemates having to gel with one another because like another poster said we're 2-0 and we haven't even played our best hockey yet.  We haven't really played a solid 60 minutes to this point.  It's been more like 40 with the hiccup being the 2nd period.

Edited by Sportsfan-1-2

2 hours ago, super_dave_1 said:

. . .

As always in my GDT's, I avoid the line stuff because that is readily available and folks can just discuss it.  Petr will be in goal, and I hope we hear lots of "PETR, PETR, PETR" during the game.  Ok boys and girls, have at it.

Or, very little of it.because the D limits shots, and especially dangerous shots, on goal.  Although, with the talent the Bolts have, that's probably a long shot.

If it works...

Svechnikov-Staal-McGinn
Niederreiter-Aho-Teravainen
Dzingel-Haula-Necas
Foegele-Wallmark-Martinook

Defense

Slavin-Hamilton
Edmundson-Pesce
Gardiner-Fleury

Goalies

Mrazek

Yes Tampa set records last year for winning regular season games and yes they are going to want to get back in the W column. But Washington also wanted to teach us a lesson. I really think this team can play with anyone. I also think that we are due for more chances to find their way in. I'm working through this one so will have to opine very late tonight, but I like our group! Aho and Nino  need points, Dzingel could use a goal. It would be nice if Foegele could finish on a breakaway. Go Canes!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slapshot02 said:
  35 minutes ago, remkin said:

but I like our group

CC  You didn’t?   😂 

Just gave that group comment a double spray.

IMG_0472.thumb.JPG.ad00b78ddb52b05f028a02cfd7818bba.JPG

That’s worse than my GDT/away record til last season

8 minutes ago, Derailed75 said:

Yes good to see you Mac. Hope you have a bad night in the crease 

Agreed.  Can we do to him what we did to Cam Ward last season?  We'll find out soon.  I know stats don't mean that much but I wonder if Carolina in years past has had any success vs McE when he was with Columbus and Toronto.

2 minutes ago, RickD_99 said:

Wonder if CMac has any leftover hard feelings about not being re-signed by the Canes in the off season...

He walked of his own volition

10 minutes ago, Sportsfan-1-2 said:

Agreed.  Can we do to him what we did to Cam Ward last season?  We'll find out soon.  I know stats don't mean that much but I wonder if Carolina in years past has had any success vs McE when he was with Columbus and Toronto.

I dont wish him any I'll will, just wanna clear that up. Hes a good guy and I really feel he was a big part of not only the season last year but also helped Mrazek quite a bit. With that being said I want him to lose every game he starts against the Canes and any time his loss can help the Canes. And win all his other starts

Edited by Derailed75
  • Like 3