The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
super_dave_1

GDT Oct 6 Bolts @ Canes 5PM

My take away from these first three games, is the same thing that I saw in the playoffs. Last season. Rod has our team so conditioned, that when most teams start slowing down a little at the end of the second and third, and we get a Second wnd and than a third wind that nobody can keep up with. than we take over the game. It’s a combination of the right players with the right coach, and Rod knowing what to do in order to win NHL games in 2019.  be better conditioned than the other guys and have the skill to beat them.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

Last year and this years start helps me forget the painful years.

I am typically a half full guy. The difference between 6 and 0 points is the slimmest of margins. Let’s open up the margin.

1 minute ago, caniac6 said:

After the first period, I didn’t think there was any way the Canes would win. Glad to be wrong.

Believe it or not, I actually had faith this time instead of my usual Eeyore

I didn't think Cooper had much of answer getting his team going after we closed the game to 3-2 in the second.  If this is the team folks are picking out of the East I dunno, that was just a team expecting to win by grinding some.

I can't remember the Canes ever going 3-0 to start the season.  Anybody know if that's ever happened?

15 minutes ago, Danimal38 said:

My take away from these first three games, is the same thing that I saw in the playoffs. Last season. Rod has our team so conditioned, that when most teams start slowing down a little at the end of the second and third, and we get a Second wnd and than a third wind that nobody can keep up with. than we take over the game. It’s a combination of the right players with the right coach, and Rod knowing what to do in order to win NHL games in 2019.  be better conditioned than the other guys and have the skill to beat them.  

Let's also give credit to strength and conditioning coach Bill Burniston. :thumbsup: 

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

I can't remember the Canes ever going 3-0 to start the season.  Anybody know if that's ever happened?

Not since the move to Raleigh

13 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

I didn't think Cooper had much of answer getting his team going after we closed the game to 3-2 in the second.  If this is the team folks are picking out of the East I dunno, that was just a team expecting to win by grinding some.

Pretty sure I heard on the Aftermath that the Whalers have but not the Canes. (unless it was 3 OT games to start the season; I was on my computer with the radio in the background)

edit: AWACS got there first

Edited by LakeLivin

15 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Believe it or not, I actually had faith this time instead of my usual Eeyore

I.just thought they were making too many mistakes, and were going to run out of gas after two overtime  games. I also thought there might be a letdown after winning a rivalry game last night. 

Edited by caniac6
  • Like 1

Today’s 13 shots against (SA) tied for the 2nd least for the Canes since the 07-08 season. The least was April 2009 9-0 win against the Islanders where they allowed 12 SA. The other 13 game was also against Tampa in 2009.

5 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Next 3 before west coast swing

@FLA Tuesday

NYI Friday

CBJ Saturday 

all three winnable. 

There isnt a game on the schedule that's not winnable for these Canes. Some are tougher then others but this team is in the top 3rd of the league and no team thinks they are an auto out

Freaking awesome! I’m not sure how many blood vessels I have left, but I may be dead before the season is over.

😵

I just wish I could stop thinking it’s over as soon as we fall behind, just so much scar tissue.

Not to be a downer, just an FYI:

The tiebreaker used to be a team’s ROW (regulation and overtime wins), this year it changed to just regulation wins. Hopefully it won’t matter but as far as our RW tiebreaker goes, we have zero wins.

Again, not trying to be a wet blanket, I just didn’t hear about this. Kind of a big deal.

Let’s Go Canes! 

• Like 2