The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
super_dave_1

GDT Oct 6 Bolts @ Canes 5PM

Bad period.  Started off well but then got lazy with the clears.  We know we can come back because we've done it twice but we can't make a habit of this.  Clean this up and we'll be okay.  But, thus far the 2nd has been our worst period of the season but if we can get a goal in the 2nd we have a chance.   We need to find a way to solve Tampa Bay.

I know it's early but Brindamour better be steamed in that locker room.

Edited by Sportsfan-1-2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

Need to make McE move side to side.

Yup, he's a tremendous line of sight goalie and not likely to give up rebounds either. So just flinging the kitchen sink on goal isn't going to work either.

1 minute ago, Canesfanforever said:

We should just cut our losses with Fleury and wish him best on his future Endeavors  !  What can we get off a trade with him ? more Marley drugs ? 

Not sure where this came from. He hasnt made any plays good or bad. We have had a few guys through 3 games, stars in fact make negative plays. 

Just now, Derailed75 said:

Not sure where this came from. He hasnt made any plays good or bad. We have had a few guys through 3 games, stars in fact make negative plays. 

Aho made a couple terrible plays tonight in a row (failed clears again) leading to the Stamkos goal.

Well, I’m definitely for sitting Fleury when TVR comes back...he needs to view the game more from above.  And if that doesn’t work, a change of scenery is needed

How many games and zero goals to show for it?  

Edited by AWACSooner

1 minute ago, AWACSooner said:

Well, I’m definitely for sitting Fleury when TVR comes back...he needs to view the game more from above.  And if that doesn’t work, a change of scenery is needed

My question is why? What has he done that's been bad? For my view point (tv) he hasnt done much either way not many mistakes not many WOW plays. Isnt that what you ask for in a D man. Kinda like an o line in football 

Just now, Derailed75 said:

My question is why? What has he done that's been bad? For my view point (tv) he hasnt done much either way not many mistakes not many WOW plays. Isnt that what you ask for in a D man. Kinda like an o line in football 

It’s not bad, per se...but it’s been mediocre with little growth shown.  And with the backlog we have in Charlotte...

2 minutes ago, Derailed75 said:

I really haven't seen him make any mistakes tonight.  I know he got beat in the Washington game but fortunately Reimer bailed him out and he was benched the rest of the game because of it.

However, win or lose this game tonight you can't win them all.  Every player on the team knows that, but at the same time can't keep coming from behind but the players have confidence they can do it after doing it against Washington.  Can we do it again tonight?  Two goals is doable.  Winnipeg came back from 4 goals down and MTL came back from 3 down to beat Toronto.  Clean up the mental mistakes, keep peppering McE (have 17 shots on goal) and hope for a garbage goal to get us back in this.  I'm not giving up yet.  It's only game 3.  I'm not saying you fans are either but really can't judge a teams success after 3 games.  Always nice to get off to a good start and we've already beaten one powerhouse.  We need to get rid of this kryptonite and for once beat TB.  When was the last time we beat them in regulation? We're 0-10-2 vs TB in the last 12 games.

Edited by Sportsfan-1-2

I've actually been a little more-impressed by Fleury the past 2 nights than i have at any other point since the Canes drafted him.

In any case, that Statler and Waldorf bit Tripp just orchestrated made my night.

Edited by realmdrakkar
  • Like 1

Just now, realmdrakkar said:

I've actually been a little more-impressed by Fleury the past 2 nights than i have at any other point since the Canes drafted him.

In any case, that Statler and Waldorf bit Tripp just orchestrated made my night.

One of my favorite things watching these 2 is when John looks at Tripp with the *edit* look. 

• Like 2

Ok, the ref closer to the play looked right at it and didn’t raise his arm...but the dude at the far end calls it five seconds later?!?!

Let’s have a strong 2nd. If we can come back from 2 down in Washington we can pretty much do anything. Positive vibes . P.S Stop the penalties!!

Just now, surfzone365 said:

Let’s have a strong 2nd. If we can come back from 2 down in Washington we can pretty much do anything. Positive vibes . P.S Stop the penalties!!

One thing coming from behind these last 2 games including 2 goals down in the 3rd vs a top tier team Washington is give this team confidence that they're never out of it until they're out of it (the final horn blows and they lose).

Just now, gocanes0506 said:

Aho is doing his slow start deal.

This.  It seems to take him a dozen or so games every season to warm up.  That's the one hump he has left that he needs to get over.