The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
super_dave_1

GDT Oct 6 Bolts @ Canes 5PM

Aho has had a couple good looks and good shots this year just hitting pipe and or bodies in front of the net. He has had some lapses but has been good as a whole. Rod needs to tell him to just keep at it, he is too good to change things and hope for the best.

Aho is getting frustrated but he has to keep at it.  His line has been knocking on the door all game.  Can't keep a good man down for long.  He'll break out.  It may not be this game but probably in FL.  His line is starting to feel it in this game.  Without McE being solid I think we have the lead entering the intermission.  TB is obviously on their heels and that's great to see.   I just hope we have enough gas in the tank to keep at it for at least one more period and that Mrazek stays mentally tough since it can be hard on a goalie mentally to stay in the game after not seeing a shot for 20 minutes.   We're obviously the better conditioned team.  Dare I say it that TB may be showing signs of fatigue with their 3rd game in 4 nights.  McE is saving their bacon like Reimer saved our bacon last night.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wscaniac said:

Is it just me, or does Aho seem a bit slow?  He's not nursing an injury, is he?

He is getting a lot of shots in good positions, not usually a sign of infirmary, but he is pressing, shots go wide or hit leg pads.  He’ll be ok, he just needs a fluky one to go in and the dam will break!  IMHO.

Edited by MisterDobz
Typo
  • Like 1

33-11 Carolina are SOG.  We keep this up we'll break 50. Bad thing is we're down.  A lot of shots have been at the chest but McE has made some high danger saves as well.

Carolina to this point does NOT look like a tired team.  They could be feeding off the home crowd though and running on pure adrenaline at this point.

Edited by Sportsfan-1-2

1 minute ago, AWACSooner said:

MARLEY!!!

As a non-Carolinian, who watches the games on the nhl ap, which blanks out commercials, I have no idea what this Marley thing is about!?  I saw some thing about Marley drugs, so I googled it but all I came up with was this....

47002F4A-1243-44D2-9F50-08E94DA9D570.jpeg

• Like 1

I don’t have ED or need seldenafil (pauses and looks left/right), but I’d totally order it if it came with a side of Marley Girl

1 minute ago, Bing_Chow said:

The 3rd has been our best so it should be a heck of a finnish. 

Would rather not see another OT game but with the way we're playing if we come back to tie it, I'd be happy with a point.  Want a win though but a point here would be HUGE.  We gotta play the 3rd like we did the 2nd.

1 minute ago, MisterDobz said:

As a non-Carolinian, who watches the games on the nhl ap, which blanks out commercials, I have no idea what this Marley thing is about!?  I saw some thing about Marley drugs, so I googled it but all I came up with was this....

47002F4A-1243-44D2-9F50-08E94DA9D570.jpeg

I’ll let someone else pop up and stiffly answer his question...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bing_Chow said:

Haula will inevitably slow down. Then Aho will wake up. That's what depth is for.

Yep, then when Aho goes on a funk, Staal will probably get hot or Nino.  That's the beauty of this team this year.  Anyone can get hot.