The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
super_dave_1

GDT Oct 6 Bolts @ Canes 5PM

I wonder if the problem on our PP was Faulk all this time?  See what happens when Dougie is on the 1st unit?  Good win.  Haula continues to impress me.  Not only does this guy score but he plants himself infront of the net AND he wins face offs on a consistent basis.  Extend this guy ASAP.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

Small sample size, but we're 1st place in the NHL right now.

Let’s take a moment and relish this 

D8B83F89-E80B-4624-8511-3B3ECE7B18EF.png

• Like 2

Wowzers.... I missed most of this game but I like the result.... who needs regulation wins 🤷🏻‍♂️😏. Seriously, I hope we get one soon! 

• Like 1

3-0 vs MTL, WSH and TB.  I'm not going to hold my breath and I know it's early but other teams need to be eyeing us.  We've had a tough schedule to start and perservered.  FLA will be tough too having to go up against Bobrovsky.  Our PP and PK have really come through in the clutch this season thus far.

Just now, AWACSooner said:

Tampa’s SOG by period:

1st- 11

2nd- 0

3rd- 2

SOLID Defense!

Do that all year and the Cup is ours especially with the way our PK and PP are going right now.  I know it's way early but this team is special.

2 minutes ago, Red_Storm said:

Tripp is having way too much fun with his toys....

Wish I could see it...Center Ice cit off my feed ten minutes into post game 

10 hours ago, super_dave_1 said:

. . .

As always in my GDT's, I avoid the line stuff because that is readily available and folks can just discuss it.  Petr will be in goal, and I hope we hear lots of "PETR, PETR, PETR" during the game.  Ok boys and girls, have at it.

7 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

Or, very little of it.because the D limits shots, and especially dangerous shots, on goal.  Although, with the talent the Bolts have, that's probably a long shot.

And the long shot hits!  Thirteen total shots on goal for the Bolts, and only 2 in the second and third periods combined?  Amazing!! 

Edited by LakeLivin
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, bluedevil58 said:

I wonder if the problem on our PP was Faulk all this time?  See what happens when Dougie is on the 1st unit?  Good win.  Haula continues to impress me.  Not only does this guy score but he plants himself infront of the net AND he wins face offs on a consistent basis.  Extend this guy ASAP.

He wasn't a big help but the entire unit had no movement. It's obvious they have focused on the PP this spring. Tons of movement and Haula screening or on the side of the net to pick up the garbage is big. I've said it a few times already but Haula had 12 PP goals the year before the injury. It's what he does.

I think Rod stole the quote from Miracle for the team ethos...

"The legs feed the wolf, gentlemen. I can't promise you we'll be the best team at Lake Placid next February, but we will be the best conditioned."

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DevildogKodi said:

I think Rod stole the quote from Miracle for the team ethos...

"The legs feed the wolf, gentlemen. I can't promise you we'll be the best team at Lake Placid next February, but we will be the best conditioned."

I keep thinking of that line every time someone on tv talks about the conditioning

Was working throughout the game with the earbuds in and a browser on Hulu for replays. What a game! Can't wait til the O starts scoring. :lol:

I like our group.

• Like 3