The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Oct 8 Carolina @ Florida 7PM

Haula is going to get 30 goals this year on the PP.  The puck always seems to find his stick in front of the net on the PP  He is a great net front for Carolina on the PP.  Survived that period.  Seemed to match up evenly with the Panthers a little past midway through the period.  They outshot us in the period due to desperation but we all know that thus far our 3rd period is our best period.  Maybe we can finish them off in this period.  Get a PP goal here and go from there.  Our 2nd period is still our worst period.  We've been outscored that period thus far but not by a lot.

Svechnikov is becoming   quite the  Playmaker  .   I always figured him to be a sniper  but with this much firepower on the team  Im Hard pressed to not see him get  close to 60 something points this year ! 

2 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

Most get fed up in the parking lot and don't make it inside.

That's really sad too. I first really got into hockey watching them play the Avs in the finals Roy vrs. Vanbiesbrouk

17 minutes ago, Derailed75 said:

That's really sad too. I first really got into hockey watching them play the Avs in the finals Roy vrs. Vanbiesbrouk

We've visited down there and gone to Canes away games.  I really like the arena, and the S. Florida vibe.  There could be so much promise.  But the fans have just completely capitulated.  There's no life.  And I can't blame them, our fan base felt like that about Dec 20 last year.  Imagine it being like that always.

Even with snowbird tickets, I honestly don't know how this team is afloat.

Across the peninsula in Tampa, the vibe is completely different.  It is like night and day.

Edited by wxray1

OK, sorry guys. Had no idea this team would react that way to me getting some chow! 

Sort of typical for teams to get lose defensively after all of those goals. But the Reiminator said, "not on my watch". 

Time to lock this down.

9 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

We've visited down there and gone to Canes away games.  I really like the arena, and the S. Florida vibe.  There could be so much promise.  But the fans have just completely capitulated.  There's no life.  And I can't blame them, we were there about Dec 20 last year.  Imagine it being like that always.

Even with snowbird tickets, I honestly don't know how this team is afloat.

Across the peninsula in Tampa, the vibe is completely different.  It is like night and day.

What’s puzzling to me is why spend the money on a big name coach and free agent goalie given you have no local fan support?

1 minute ago, RickD_99 said:

What’s puzzling to me is why spend the money on a big name coach and free agent goalie given you have no local fan support?

Owner with deep pockets 

I think Tripp just said that the puck hit him in the shaft. I guess the Marley stuff has me thinking differently.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Get James Neal on your fantasy team folks...4 goals tonight 

Yea Neal definitely got the Skinner treatment from Peters