The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Oct 8 Carolina @ Florida 7PM

4 games in 6 nights, we are up 5-2 late in the third and are 3-0 coming into the game.  I think the foot is one the gas. :thumbsup:

But yeah, evidently Rod has been grumpy.

Edited by coastal_caniac

I know with a huge lead teams go into a D game, but we just play better when we are pressing the action. We are not great at sitting back. Mainly just not used to playing that way

• Like 2

Just now, coastal_caniac said:

4 games in 6 nights, we are up 5-2 late in the third and are 3-0 coming into the game.  I think the foot is one the gas. :thumbsup:

And look who they beat in those first three, many of us might have been happy with 3 points after three games.

As long as we win I don't care what the final score is.  This team has played 4 games in 6 nights.  They're going to need those two days off to work on a few things.

24 minutes ago, RickD_99 said:

What’s puzzling to me is why spend the money on a big name coach and free agent goalie given you have no local fan support?

The same reason we kept complaining about our previous cheap owner, and wanting a winning team on the ice. Our fans support was waning and the story was, that if the owner would spend some money and ice a winning team and the Canes start winning, then the fans would come back.

I suppose Florida is trying to do the same.

Edited by CanesFan2003
  • Like 2

We are definitely sitting back now.  I think the 4 games in 6 nights is finally starting to get to us.  Florida has been all over us lately.  This game needs to end.  An empty netter to seal it will be nice...by Aho.

And I called it.  Aho his 1st.  50 shots by FL.  Wow.

Edited by Sportsfan-1-2