The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
legend-1

Canes v Blue Jackets Oct 12th 7 PM

Image result for blue jackets logo        Image result for VS logo Image result for Hurricanes Logos       

1-3-0                                                                        5-0-0             

Blue Jackets @ Hurricanes

PNC Arena

Saturday Oct 12th 7:00 PM

Watch: FS-CR FS-O + Listen: 99.9 The Fan

Keep on strutin

ric flair wwe GIF

5-0-0 as the Canes keep adding onto franchise history for best start they come away with a sound win with the loss of the Marty Party for 2 months, whose doing well according to a recent tweet. Onto Columbus whose roster was decimated by poor contract decisions. However they are a group of 20 players who have made the NHL and are fully capable of stopping the Canes from adding onto the franchise record.

Korpisalo played tonight which would typically put Merzlikins in goal who hails from the same town as beloved former goalie Arturs Irbe. He's been playing in the Swiss-A league and his debut was less then stellar. Reimer will likely get the start and while Petr is doing decent if Reimer puts together a few more good games Petr's job might disappear from him. Kind of amazing how doing decent is no longer good enough around here.

If I absolutely had to find something to hit on it would be nice to get Aho going, still mostly void of the stat sheet but that sort of lull after a big contract does happen and the boys are picking up for him. At some point they'll need him to pick up when someone goes into a lull themselves hopefully this issue irons itself out.

Edited by legend-1
  • Like 7

Legend with back to back Gameday starters :thumbsup:. Well done.

CBJ always concerns me. This season the concerns are less. Coming off maybe our best game of the early season I think we are a team to be reckoned with in the east. Can it get any better. As legend noted it will be nice to get Aho going and I will add although he has played exceptionally well it will be nice to get Nino on the goal sheet. On the other hand winning games without Aho and Nino parking the puck in the net, well how good is that.

It's still early but this is fun.

• Like 2

OK so here it is. The most obvious let down game of all time. I just posted in the NYI game day a whole lot of hutzpah, which I stand behind. But I'm going to this one, and this is the one that that little nagging voice says, "but this is the letdown game". Please let the team know that I'll be in attendance and I ain't coming to see no let down game!

We've mowed down 5 consecutive quality teams with 5 consecutive quality goalies. Now this. Our first non stellar back up goalie and a legit possible lottery team that is struggling. 

Get out of my head foul nagging spirit of the letdown! Not this team. Not tonight. 

In all honesty, I really don't think this team has let down in it. We may or may not win, but we will keep at it. We may let down later on, maybe on the road, or after a loss, but not yet. And if we don't let down? It will take a lot to beat us. Teams have a tendency to let down after the streaks are over. So, simple solution:  just don't lose.

Great to see Legend fully out of GDT retirement with another great GDT opener. 

I'll add this to an Aho breakout. How about one from Nino? That guys has been snakebitten. He's not just playing some sort of weak game, he's in the mix creating chances, just can't buy one. Nino scores one or more, and goes on a streak. 

I wonder when the Storm Surges start to get wacky? I guess they're just repeating last year's surges. I'm thinking at some point they open them up to the full drama. Proabably not yet, but I hope to see one tonight. I'll take anything. Maybe the skate out to all the boards? Maybe Shakespeare? It's all good.

Free T shirt. White out game wearing the Whites. When those whites first came out I thought...meh. But they'll probably grow on me. Well they have and I bought one. And I'm a sucker for these gimmick games (Hartford uni, white out, etc). I just hope it's actually white in there tonight. 

KEEP IT ROLLING!!!

15 minutes ago, remkin said:

I wonder when the Storm Surges start to get wacky? I guess they're just repeating last year's surges. I'm thinking at some point they open them up to the full drama. Proabably not yet, but I hope to see one tonight. I'll take anything. Maybe the skate out to all the boards? Maybe Shakespeare? It's all good.

Too early to tell but I think we're looking at what 95% of the Storm Surges are going to be. Special occasions when a visitor is in town or when they have a legitimately good idea I think we'll see something but I think the guys aren't going to stress over choreographing Surges for the heck of it this year. That's my opinion that'll probably be wrong.

A Stone Cold Steve Austin and Marty Party Surge would be frickin amazing though. Not sure slamming beers is family friendly though haha.

Edited by legend-1

2 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

Too early to tell but I think we're looking at what 95% of the Storm Surges are going to be. Special occasions when a visitor is in town or when they have a legitimately good idea I think we'll see something but I think the guys aren't going to stress over choreographing Surges for the heck of it this year. That's my opinion that'll probably be wrong.

Very well could be. I am thinking that they are following last year's surges exactly, but I'm not sure. Are they? If so, it might open up later. But it could well be that they have decided to forgo the theater in the park this year. Hmmm. Interesting. Could be a poll: Will the Canes Surges go full drama this year?

I don't expect any letdown for this game, not with a streak going. Streaks are for extending and no one wants to be responsible for a letdown and a L on the standings. Nino is due for a breakout, Aho is due and Dougie/Haula are red hot. Put it to em early boys.

17 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Well the Oil won again so it’s up to us to reclaim the top spot with a huge W tonight 

Hope that's not the standard to which we aspire?

49 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Well the Oil won again so it’s up to us to reclaim the top spot with a huge W tonight 

Means the Rangers are eliminated from the undefeated realm

1 hour ago, KJUNKANE said:

Hope that's not the standard to which we aspire?

Hell no...but I want us to be the last undefeated standing, if possible 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dinz said:

Its time for Reim. I think svech gets his first even strength goal.

I think that Gaut gets his first NHL goal. 

Edited by wscaniac

16 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

According to Civian, TT will wear an A in Martys absence. 

Big unsurprising middle finger to Aho, imo. 

Completely disagree, TiVo has been as valuable and as productive in the last 2 years as Aho, and imho greatly under appreciated.  Plus, Aho doesn’t need any additional pressure while he is trying to get his mind right.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, remkin said:

Don’t know and don’t care, as long as they keep getting the opportunity!

4 minutes ago, MisterDobz said:

Completely disagree, TiVo has been as valuable and as productive in the last 2 years as Aho, and imho greatly under appreciated.  Plus, Aho doesn’t need any additional pressure while he is trying to get his mind right.

+1