The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
legend-1

Canes @ Sharks Oct 16 10:30 PM

Sometimes travel and back-to-back catches up with you. Hindsight's 20/20, but it probably would have been smart to fly out after Saturday's game and get settled in.

The schizo nature of this game never stops amazing me. We come out for 8 minutes skating circles around them, firing pucks at goal from every angle. Theeeeennnnn, a puck lies dead in the middle of the ice, only one person can find it, and boom, the air is out of the balloon. Then he bats the next one out of midair. And I don't like that guy either. 

Watched about 20 minutes of the game and in that time Evander Kane scored 2 goals both on the PP and both those goals gave him the hat trick.  We need to stop the penalties.  I mean this is ridiculous.  We have a day off and then we face Anaheim.  After that the California trip is over.  Our PP is in a slump thus far (0-13) in last 4 games and hopefully that's all it is is a slump.  It was horrible all season last season and it was really clicking to start this season.

Hopefully our PP can get going again vs Anaheim.  It's a long season and every teams PP goes into slumps and ups and downs throughout the season.  I'm not worried about the PP at this point because I already know it's better than last years at this point.  It would be nice to pick up the win in Anaheim to end the California trip on a high note.  We have 6 days off after Friday and right now it appears this team will need it. 

It would be nice if before too long we get consistent contributions from other players besides Haula and Hamilton.  It seems like every game they end up getting a goal or an assist, which is fine but lets have other players add their names consistently to the goal scoring department.  Again, long season.  Get the win Friday and go from there.

Let me start by saying just by looking at the scoreboard, I'm probably glad I went to bed instead of staying up. I have not read the comments yet but plan to do so!

3 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Sometimes travel and back-to-back catches up with you. Hindsight's 20/20, but it probably would have been smart to fly out after Saturday's game and get settled in.

Well, ya know, the NHL scheduling department could’ve let us play in Anaheim last night and made the Slugs play the Sharkiez.  But that’d make too much sense, so they tossed that out.

Edited by AWACSooner
  • Like 1

Dealing with a case of shingles, there was only so much I could take of Evander Kane!! Seeing him get a hat trick sent me over the edge and I could not stay awake at that point, so sorry guys, I bailed at that point. Did arouse briefly to see the score at 4-1 and turned TV off t that point. I'm taking it from reading thru comments that not much changed?

One and likely 2 goals scored on Reimer were unpreventable, but he certainly was not sharp?

Not sure how we can stop these penalties, perhaps the Captain needs to step in and have a "heart to heart" with the offenders? Ohhh that's right, he is one? Maybe they need a consultant like Williams to do so (Williams buddy, get your act together and get back in the saddle for one more season).

5 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Dealing with a case of shingles,

That’s no fun...got that just above my right eye back in 14.  Get well soon brother.

6 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

One and likely 2 goals scored on Reimer were unpreventable, but he certainly was not sharp?

Two of the first four he had a clear sight line on and got beat glove side high.  

Well we had a hard gaining the zone, and when we did we just couldn't keep it there. And yeah Reimer was shaky. It happens, move on. But after 3 on 7 shots it's time for the showers.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sportsfan-1-2 said:

Our PP is in a slump thus far (0-13) in last 4 games and hopefully that's all it is is a slump.  It was horrible all season last decade and it was really clicking to start this season.

FTFY.

• Like 1

I started watching but knew I couldn't stay awake since I had to be up early.  The first goal was a bit shocking, what with the puck just sitting there and Kane sniping it.  So I went to bed right after that with a bad feeling, but with a faint ray of hope. 

Oh well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wxray1 said:

I started watching but knew I couldn't stay awake since I had to be up early.  The first goal was a bit shocking, what with the puck just sitting there and Kane sniping it.  So I went to bed right after that with a bad feeling, but with a faint ray of hope. 

Oh well.

I saw the highlight of that play and I was like 'you've got to be kidding me.'  Like to see a bounce back game from Riemer his next start.  He obviously wasn't sharp this game but it happens to every goalie.  Mrazek hasn't been particularly sharp this season (the TB game was his worst thus far in regards to shots and goals against) until the LA game and Reimer's played 3 great games.  Even though he (Riemer) lost the CBJ game he still gave the team a chance to win.  I really would like to see Reimer play like McE did for us last season. 

Mrazek being 4-0 this years scares me...he's due for a loss.  I just hope it's not tomorrow.  Lets end the CA trip on high note.

Edited by Sportsfan-1-2

11 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

That’s no fun...got that just above my right eye back in 14.  Get well soon brother.

Thanks friend.

• Like 1