The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

*Official* “Get well, Mike” thoughts and prayers thread.

Mrs Kajun and I join all on this site and Caniac fans everywhere, praying for you Big Mike. I loved your version of the Aftermath which taught me much of what I know and actually kept me awake many times on the lonely drive back home. I spoke to you on multiple occasions and was always treated with respect no matter how ridiculous my questions were. Get well soon Mike.  

• Like 1

Hockey coverage in Raleigh took a big step up when the Big Rig first took over the Aftermath and since on the TV side.. Get totally well and back soon.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

Mrs Kajun and I join all on this site and Caniac fans everywhere, praying for you Big Mike. I loved your version of the Aftermath which taught me much of what I know and actually kept me awake many times on the lonely drive back home. I spoke to you on multiple occasions and was always treated with respect no matter how ridiculous my questions were. Get well soon Mike.  

Yes. Same for me. Always shows great respect for us simply because we support the same thing. I first met Mike on a personal level when I traveled down for the Caniac Corner at the bistro early in Skinner's rookie season, when we talked baseball for an hour, and with as many people as he meets and converses with, he never forgot that and never fails to acknowledge any fans presence around the fox sports set with a fist bump or kind word. His personable nature is a real plus in making canes hockey feel like it belongs to all of us, and local celebs don't owe anyone that. Best wishes Big Mike from the short guy in the black fedora. 

• Like 1

Very sad news. He seems to be a very upbeat guy, and that has to help. Hope he has a full, and complete recovery. He really adds a lot to the coverage, and as a young guy, hopefully he has a long life ahead.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2ndsacker said:

Any more recent news on Mike?

None that I know of? Been trying to decide what this "large abdominal mass" might be, put together with his rather healthy appearance on TV, and I at least have positive vibe on it, but you never know. I and wife continue our prayers for this gentleman.

I think the press release said Mike and his family requested privacy while he undergoes his treatment. I wouldn’t expect to hear anything further until he is ready to discuss his illness publicly. Whatever he is dealing with, I join all Caniacs in wishing him the best. 

Im so glad he is safe .    I lost my dad to cancer when i was 14  and when ever i hear about  someone  having to deal with it   makes me so worried for them  .    Thank god  Mike is okay and will be going back to work soon  as he recovers . 

"Today, Mike received the results of the biopsy, which determined the mass to be non-cancerous."

Thats what I call a good report.😃

Made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great news, now lets get some more good news with a W tonight.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cc said:

"Today, Mike received the results of the biopsy, which determined the mass to be non-cancerous."

Thats what I call a good report.😃

Great to hear!

F#@k Cancer!!