The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

*Official* “Get well, Mike” thoughts and prayers thread.

9 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Good to hear. I'm sure it'll take some time for him to recuperate, with it being abdominal surgery, but it's good to see that it's non-cancerous.

Get well soon, Mike M.

Great news! A large mass is always very concerning. My daughter went through something similar, the mass was the size of a football. She called it "Fred".

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

Great news! A large mass is always very concerning. My daughter went through something similar, the mass was the size of a football. She called it "Fred".

I've wondered what could get so big and not be cancer in his stomach?

1 hour ago, legend-1 said:

Just google "benign abdominal tumors" and you'll get a whole host of reasons and types. 

I was once scanning through the channels, and stopped when I saw something shocking on TLC or Discovery.  This 200 lb man had a 100 lb benign abdominal tumor.  Now this was not easy to remove because, well, a whole system of blood vessels and what have you were feeding it. 

Anyway, from my read of google, these happen quite a bit and the prognosis for Big Rig should be very good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, legend-1 said:

Could be many things and some grow at an astounding rate. My daughter was I'll for some time and they thought it was a gall bladder issue. Ended up removing the gall blader, one ovary and  "Fred".

• Like 1

Listening to his CanesCast podcast.   He said the tumor was volleyball sized.  Yikes!

He sounds great and will be back after the necessary healing occurs.

The huge positive: not malignant. Bonus: removing a volleyball sized mass has to feel a lot better, and it's instant weight loss. That thing must weigh 10+ pounds. 

1 hour ago, remkin said:

The huge positive: not malignant. Bonus: removing a volleyball sized mass has to feel a lot better, and it's instant weight loss. That thing must weigh 10+ pounds. 

He joked a bit about the weight loss but wanted to make it clear tumor removal isn't the recommended way to lose weight.

Edited by wxray1

2 hours ago, wxray1 said:

wanted to make it clear tumor removal isn't the recommended way to lose weight.

Oh well, so much for that plan...