The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Wings @ Canes, 1 Nov 19

5 hours ago, legend-1 said:

Trips me out that the difference in our amazing 9-3-1 start and 9th is 4 points. I keep looking at the standings expecting us to be way ahead of the game and the margin for error is ever slim.

Its early in the season. After 10 or so more game it will be 8, then 16 and so on. The bad teams in the league will win just not a lot.

6 hours ago, legend-1 said:

Trips me out that the difference in our amazing 9-3-1 start and 9th is 4 points. I keep looking at the standings expecting us to be way ahead of the game and the margin for error is ever slim.

Glass half full version. Look where we would be if we started 6 5 2.  Thankful for the blessing of this team.

27 minutes ago, Canes06cup17 said:

Great win! Nice to see us on the winning side of the goal reviews. 

I told Mrs. Wxray last night that I'm going to write this day down.  It seems like the Canes always get hosed by reviews against original 6 teams.

Not last night.  And Feogs was offside, so that was fair.  But the subjective goalie interference going our way?  Wow.  Wrote it down.

• Like 1

Yes, that was an enjoyable game for the most part. I’m hoping we can stay under the radar a bit.  This stretch of winnable games is just what we needed, and I think we can nab some needed points if we keep our heads right.

7 hours ago, legend-1 said:

And if we had managed to beat those crappy Sharks and BJ’s (twice)...

or

On the flip side...if we had LOST those first few games we won in OT and SO...

33 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

Yes, that was an enjoyable game for the most part. I’m hoping we can stay under the radar a bit.  This stretch of winnable games is just what we needed, and I think we can nab some needed points if we keep our heads right.

Look at next month’s schedule...pretty brutal

“The takeaway”. Brindamour "It was great for the game but no so much for the coaching aspect of it."   Sloppy

11 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Look at next month’s schedule...pretty brutal

Right, and that’s why we need to nab this low-hanging fruit now.  I’m looking forward to a tough test to see what we’re made of with this squad.  It’s our chance to be the punisher on a regular basis.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

I suspect that ship has sailed.  Players apparently know what's happening (see Dzingle and Gardner), the media has us up there in most power rankings, and I've got to believe that even the casual fan is becoming tuned into what the Canes are doing, what with our 5-0 start, Svech's GOTY candidate, etc.  I think the Canes are going to have to fully "earn" their wins this season.  

16 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

I suspect that ship has sailed.  Players apparently know what's happening (see Dzingle and Gardner), the media has us up there in most power rankings, and I've got to believe that even the casual fan is becoming tuned into what the Canes are doing, what with our 5-0 start, Svech's GOTY candidate, etc.  I think the Canes are going to have to fully "earn" their wins this season.  

Yes, perhaps from last year I understand. We are generating some buzz to begin the season based on our start and last season’s success, but it’s dropping off a bit which is fine with me. Let the Caps and Bruins have the spot light. 

The team we were used to is gone. Thankfully. Time for us fans to transition as well. Imo

• Like 4

1 hour ago, wxray1 said:

But the subjective goalie interference going our way?  Wow.  Wrote it down.

Had Howard not attempted to make a play after the minimal contact, it probably would've gone against us. I kinda thought that's what they were discussing. "Hey, had a play on the puck. And fumbled it"

I think they deemed the Red Wing caused our guy to interfere. I dunno why else it would have counted. That goal killed the Wings will to fight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, legend-1 said:

I think they deemed the Red Wing caused our guy to interfere. I dunno why else it would have counted. That goal killed the Wings will to fight.

Fogs was playing the puck and Green had his stick between Fogs legs causing him to go down. On Nino's goal they determined the shot crossed the goal line as part of a play unaffected by the whistle.

5 hours ago, LakeLivin said:

Teams in the league may be taking note of what we are doing, but I think we are scheduled for one “national” game on NBCSports, and it is not until very late in the year. So fans in other markets don’t know anything about us except Svech’s lacrosse goal, and Dougie, Rod and anyone else who gets not will not even get nominated for league awards.