vs

Image result for gritty

Image result for carolina hurricanes tailgate

vs

Image result for horrible fans philadelphia

Carolina Hurricanes @ Philadelphia Flyers

Tuesday, 5 November 2019...7 pm EST

Wells-Fargo Center, Hell 

Posting this early, cause I have to get the bad taste of the NJD loss out of my mouth.  Shake it off, boys...regroup...and get us the W!!!

• Like 4

WAKE UP, everybody, it's dead around here.

The Canes just won 3 of 4.  

We have Philly, Rangers at home, and a home and home with the Sens.

I feel good about this.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

I feel good about this.

Yep. Gonna lose a few. Gonna win a lot more. "Panic and fear are the habits of the non prepared" George Patton.

I'm sure this is a "late to the party" kind of reflection, but looking far into the season, the Canes better take advantage of these early season games against teams "they should beat" because March, with a ton of BtoB games is BRUTAL. Also got to figure out the goalie rotation, and whether or not Reimer is capable of holding up his end of the bargain for the same reason. Taking a real long peek at that schedule, which I'm sure several of you have done, I can't believe that a computer without outside influence could put the screws to this team sooooo much?

One final thought just occurred to me. I wonder if that late season brutal appearing schedule is, in a masterful decision, part of the reason JW decided to hold off a bit before making his appearance? I know, I know, just wishful thinking, but it would be brilliant?

Edited by KJUNKANE

26 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

One final thought just occurred to me. I wonder if that late season brutal appearing schedule is, in a masterful decision, part of the reason JW decided to hold off a bit before making his appearance? I know, I know, just wishful thinking, but it would be brilliant?

Brilliant how?  "I'm coming down from the cross and I'm going to save you poor unredeemed heathens?"  I hope that isn't what you are talking about, because I want no part of someone with a savior complex.  Team player.  Period.

No wxray, no way I think JW thinks of himself in those terms, but just the opposite. Brilliant though in realizing he's got to be conservative in his approach due to aging, and thus focusing on a time when this team might be gassed to reinsert himself and his conserved energies.

2 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

No wxray, no way I think JW thinks of himself in those terms, but just the opposite. Brilliant though in realizing he's got to be conservative in his approach due to aging, and thus focusing on a time when this team might be gassed to reinsert himself and his conserved energies.

Got it!  I would expect nothing less from him.  But what do I know?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

This actually makes total sense, because the decision was made long after the schedule was released... and the older you get, the more travel takes out of you.

If that's JW's plan then he kept the plan to himself no way Roddy assigns the C knowing Williams fully intended to rejoin a few months later.

8 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

If that's JW's plan then he kept the plan to himself no way Roddy assigns the C knowing Williams fully intended to rejoin a few months later.

I'm not sure why legend, as he needs a C going forward thru those months of absence of JW. Besides, there still would be the element of question as to whether JWILLY could muster up enough drive to be 100%, and I do submit like apparently several others, that this player would not return unless he is 100%.

18 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

I don't know. I think it makes some sense to assign the C whether he's coming back or not. If you don't everybody knows he'll e back and he feels pressure to return even if he knows he's not up to it. By assigning the C you take the pressure off him in that regard, and guys aren't distracted about when/will/should he return.

1 hour ago, legend-1 said:

I don't see how you could give the C to a part time player, even if it was Willy.  Plus, as others mentioned, even if it was Willy's honest intent to rejoin, you never know what might happen between season start and his actual return.

Having said that, I don't know that I see Willy being quite that calculated in his decision, either.  I suspect that emotion/commitment/doubt factored in more than the schedule.

Edited by LakeLivin

12 minutes ago, Canes06cup17 said:

Why do we keep not calling up a forward? 

Short notice?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, legend-1 said:

As hard as Roddy is, I could see him feeling that the C does not belong on someone who can't put in the work. He is the first in last out type of leader, so I don't think he would hold a leadership for someone who wants to take part of the season off. I think it is more likely that JW just wasn't feeling it and bowed out gracefully while leaving the door open just in case.