The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Rags @ Canes. 7 Nov 19

So not only 3 losses in a row but two consecutive losses on the tail end of a B2B when the Canes were the home team waiting for the visiting team....both of whom got in late the night before.

7 minutes ago, 2ndsacker said:

The good news. Rod is P%€\×÷.

yeah that's good, but

6 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Hasnt worked so far

gotta agree, we will see what this will be translated to. Bill Peters was p$%^ too...

I really did not see this one coming.  Lundquist was very good, but we gave him every break.  Lots of body shots and slow, telegraphed plays.  Team needs to get its mind right...  soon.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RickD_99 said:

So not only 3 losses in a row but two consecutive losses on the tail end of a B2B when the Canes were the home team waiting for the visiting team....both of whom got in late the night before.

and all 3 against division opponents

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sleekfeeder said:

Where's the mojo? Too many changes in the off season? 

Perhaps It left with Ferland &  Saku Maenalanen... Would like to see more grit and gravel out of this group.. 

Edited by PamlicoPuck
was a bit harsh

I rarely pile on the team after a loss but this one still stinks 😷 and it won’t go away.  These types of losses are as mind-boggling as they are disgusting. I don’t want to hear about how Henrik owns the Canes. He’s good but he’s not a stone wall.  Perhaps last night isn’t magnified if not for the previous 💩-show losses. Not sure what it’s going to take. Missing Nook and Haula shouldn’t have caused these losses, and we have to move on from JW.  

I only saw the highlights. No soft goals from Mrazek, just D breakdowns. You hate to see Dougie score and then give up the go ahead goal on a guy that looked very body-able in front of the net 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, thickburglar said:

I only saw the highlights. No soft goals from Mrazek, just D breakdowns. You hate to see Dougie score and then give up the go ahead goal on a guy that looked very body-able in front of the net 

News flash: ALL FOUR GOALS GIVEN UP WERE DUE TO MORONIC GAFFES

1. Dougie, with help by Jordo

2. Dougie

3. Gardiner

4. Svech

• Like 1

This was much more of a style of the game we played last year to perfection.  Scoring chances were something like 52.  

I can't get riled up by the fact that we lost the game after dominating.  Don't get me wrong, I was frustrated and yelled my fair share of expletives, but I agree with HCRB, if you say we played bad you are just aren't seeing what happened.   If we play like this every game we are going to win a lot.   

• Like 2

I'll go out on a limb and say, short of losing yet another game, I liked what I saw. I thought it was an exciting game with a hell of a lot more engagement and purpose than the last few and with more than enough chances to blow the game wide open.

A few thoughts...Lundqvist did look huge in net but IMO, only because as a struggling road team, the Rangers played a pretty decent physical and defense first kind of game in front of him. 17 blocked shots to our 4 says a lot. 

18 giveaways and detrimental defensive brain cramps killed us. "Nobody-knows-me-here"-Gardiner better starts acting like a defenseman or gets on the scoreboard more or his celebrity status will change to a level he doesn't anticipate. Dougie? WTH?

Did Jordo get banged up? So far, he seems noticeably slower and less dominating in the corners and doesn't read developing plays as well as expected.

I really liked what I saw from Eetu during his 6 min TOI in the first but for some reason he only saw 4 min the rest of the game. Will Gibbons be the odd man out?

• Like 2

Dougie needs to stop reaching for the puck after the other team passes him. Also use that size for something other that have a different view angle.

Edited by winger52

21 hours ago, RickD_99 said:

0-5 against the bottom 4 teams in the Metropolitan Division, 3 of the games at home. Have gone from solidly in the playoffs to borderline wild card (actually tied with Pittsburgh for 3rd in Metropolitan, but right now we are headed in opposite directions). 2 games against Ottawa. Need to sweep these and get some momentum back.

15 hours ago, winger52 said:

Dougie needs to stop reaching for the puck after the other team passes him. Also use that size for something other that have a different view angle.

Dougie has a lot of positives but I've never seen a guy with his size dislike to be hit at any time . He will go out of his way to not be the first guy in going into the corners. Please dont hit me!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

This team needs two things: Aho back with TT and Justin Freakin' Williams.

I'm not so sold on Williams at this point.  He was great last year leading this team.  What happens now if he comes back?  Is he going to put on his Bruins series Superman cape?  He mentally didn't have it in him to lace them up for training camp.  Is his body now in NHL shape?  

I've said it before, once you start thinking about retirement, it weighs heavily on your mind.  I can tell you that because I am eligible in 98 days.  Why do I know it is exactly 98 days?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, super_dave_1 said:

I'm not so sold on Williams at this point.  He was great last year leading this team.  What happens now if he comes back?  Is he going to put on his Bruins series Superman cape?  He mentally didn't have it in him to lace them up for training camp.  Is his body now in NHL shape?  

I've said it before, once you start thinking about retirement, it weighs heavily on your mind.  I can tell you that because I am eligible in 98 days.  Why do I know it is exactly 98 days?

Congratulations. I did it two years ago, got bored after six weeks and found a new job. The amazing thing is can collect you benefits and not have to pay them back if you are over your requirement age. Have fun.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 9:45 AM, super_dave_1 said:

I don't disagree with any of this, although I think it's a little different comparing stiffs like us sitting in offices (or in bulldozers, or police cars, or what have you) to elite athletes playing in front of 20,000 people a night. Even if he played fourth line minutes, just having his leadership and experience on the bench has to help at this point.

What the Canes are doing now is not working. Rod can say, "we're getting to our game" after losses like the one to the Rags all he likes--a loss is still a loss. People piled on Muller for saying that same crap, and he had a team with a net payroll nowhere near this one's. The Canes are throwing away what they worked so hard last month to avoid: Burning themselves out in the second half of the season. 

Funny how, once we went down 3-0 last night, Aho and TT were immediately reunited. When we're desperate for goals, Rod puts them together. Hey Rod, here's a flash: In this league, YOU NEED TO BE DESPERATE FOR GOALS ALL THE TIME. Stop messing with chemistry and trying to ignite a center who was never supposed to be a goal scorer. Ignite the one who is supposed to be, instead!

Edited by top-shelf-1
  • Like 3