The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Rags @ Canes. 7 Nov 19

Man so far this feels like old Canes. Lots of time. 4-5-1 last 10. Get out of this period and get this in the third

• Like 4

So, this was lifted from the Philly GDT.

On 11/6/2019 at 1:03 PM, Danimal38 said:

Meh, just a couple losses, no big deal.  We will be fine. When it becomes 4-5 in a row than I'll join the OMG whats wrong with this team commitee.  Until than, 2 and 3 game losing streaks will happen to every team in the league a few times this season.

I get it...but it’s the HOW we are losing these games...it reeks of attitude and lack of mental fortitude.

So this game against the Rags, if we lose, is one of those games that "you lose a couple every now and then throughout the season..." As McDaniels was referring to.

Which points out even more, that we have to win games like the ones against the Devil's and Flyers all the more important.

We are playing well enough to win this one, but Lundquist may win the game.

So games against Devil's and Flyers need to be played with just as much heart as tonight, and I think we would have won those 2 games.

Edited by CanesFan2003
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, remkin said:

Man so far this feels like old Canes. Lots of time. 4-5-1 last 10. ...

It never stops to amaze me how the team reached ECF can play that crappy just 2-3 months later... 

• Like 3

Just now, Caniac514 said:

It never stops to amaze me how the team reached ECF can play that crappy just 2-3 months later... 

See 2009-2010

Or 2006-2007

Or 2002-2003

5 minutes ago, Caniac514 said:

Well, I think Canes are playing well, not crappy.

Just can"t bury their shots.

That has always been a problem with this team.  Not good finishers with their shots.

You would think with 71 shot attempts and 34 on goal, we would have more than 1 goal to show for it.

Edited by CanesFan2003
  • Like 1

Why can’t our PP and PK both be working well simultaneously?  It’s either/or...or, in the ECF, neither!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

See 2009-2010

Or 2006-2007

Or 2002-2003

2002-03 - I wasn't watching hockey in NA yet :)

2009-10 - more like exception or fluke, for me

2006-07 - hasn't the half of the cup team gone? I don't remember...

I mean it's way better team, who are supposed to be motivated and work hard after the summer break to at least repeat and go further... It's pretty much the same team, but like they lost something... I wonder if JWilly had such a huge positive impact, and Rod and the org has no replacement/weren't expected that effect and weren't ready to mitigate that loss on the roster?