The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

Nov 9th, Canes @ Sens 7pm, FSCR

Just now, CanesFan2003 said:

I get the flaming pile of trash, the train wreck, and the wheels coming off.

What do the flowers mean?

I'm guessing pansies.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, winger52 said:

Yeah, but we're tap dancing on a land mine.

Good...we can start by blowing up that lazy sack of *edit* who wears the C

Well that game was a real team effort.  They were all awful.  That was a bad team they were playing and they made them look like a Stanley cup finalist.

i was trying to come up with canes who played well, but there were painfully few. Svetch, Zinger..  that’s about it.  Necas had some good shifts as well as Fogele and Walmart.  On the other side, it was TiVo’s worst game of the year as well as Aho’s.  Staal and Nino were their usual dumpster fires and most everyone else was invisible.

Rod had a bad game too, switching centers on the first two lines was only successful in making both lines worse.

this team has a lot of work to do.

• Like 1

Pathetic. Maybe it's time to:

1.  Trade Jordan Staal. It's time to bring an end to the Staal era in Raleigh and all the mediocrity it has brought us since the 2013-14 season. He lacks the leadership, energy, and grit to wear the C or be considered our 1C. 

2. Get a new backup goalie. Reimer's terrible. He's not our new McIlhenny. Let's bring up Forsberg or trade for a backup.

3. Stop diluting our talent by trying to make every line a scoring line. Let's see Turbo-Aho-Sevch together for a while.

4. Trade Fleury or TVR for a top-9 forward with some real grit. We're playing like the Candy Canes again. Fleury's not doing the team any good being a healthy scratch every night.

5. Put Ned on the 3rd or 4th line until he starts playing like a top-sixer. He's been a huge anchor to his line mates.

6. Send Foegele down and bring up Geekie.

Edited by spyglass88
  • Like 5

Holy cow!!   Did not see this one coming.   I don't know what happened to this team.   This is starting to get seriously pathetic.   Is something wrong with our leadership group?

Can't believe that any leaders on this team worth their salt is allowing this type of play to continue.  Someone needs to step up to the plate and scream out......"We can't take this anymore."   The big boys.....i.e. Jordan Staal looks like a lost puppy.  O.K. - back to The Curse of Oak Island.  

8 minutes ago, spyglass88 said:

Pathetic. Maybe it's time to:

1.  Trade Jordan Staal. It's time to bring an end to the Staal era in Raleigh and all the mediocrity it has brought us since the 2013-14 season. He lacks the leadership, energy, and grit to wear the C or be considered our 1C. 

2. Get a new backup goalie. Reimer's terrible. He's not our new McIlhenny. Let's bring up Forsberg or trade for a backup.

3. Stop diluting our talent by trying to make every line a scoring line. Let's see Turbo-Aho-Sevch together for a while.

4. Trade Fleury or TVR for a top-9 forward with some real grit. We're playing like the Candy Canes again. Fleury's not doing the team any good being a healthy scratch every night.

5. Put Ned on the 3rd or 4th line until he starts playing like a top-sixer. He's been a huge anchor to his line mates.

6. Send Foegele down and bring up Geekie.

All of this has my vote!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, MisterDobz said:

i was trying to come up with canes who played well, but there were painfully few. Svetch, Zinger..  that’s about it.  Necas had some good shifts as well as Fogele and Walmart.

I would add Eetu to the good list.

48 minutes ago, MisterDobz said:

this team has a lot of work to do.

+1000

I think with some new faces they still lacking team chemistry and understanding system and each other, except some pairs.

imo, Rod is right saying to simplify things and stick to the plan/system. It might take some time to have everyone and everything settled.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Caniac514 said:

Rod is right saying to simplify things and stick to the plan/system. It might take some time to have everyone and everything settled.

They’re *edit* PAID PROFESSIONALS!  If they can’t figure out how to work together by now, then they have no business playing.