The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

Nov 9th, Canes @ Sens 7pm, FSCR

11 hours ago, realmdrakkar said:

Other obligations will keep me from tuning in tonight, so someone give them an extra yell or two for me.  Any players, meanwhile, who fail to tune in tonight need to be benched, demoted, or skated until Craig MacDonald pukes.  Or all 3.  Show up and win the games you should win, and this team would be in second in the conference right now.  Play down to the level of your competition and you end up barely clinging to the second wildcard spot.  This isn't about missing Haula, Martinook, and/or Williams - the talent is there to win these games.  The drive hasn't been, though.  Show up with chips on your shoulders and play to win and this game is in the bag.  So do it.

So who needs to be benched/demoted/skated until Craig MacDonald pukes?

Ta-da, this team is now in 19th place.  Glad i didn't cancel other plans to watch this.

Wow.....you guys make it sound like we just got swept in the Eastern Conference Finals.... No wait. That actually happened and most of you were much easier on the team than you are right now. So, let's put this in perspective. On Nov 10th of last year, we were 7-7-3 and 10th in the East. We went to the ECF after being 10 points back in JANUARY! That does not happen....ever. Except it did. So, to be in the same place, but with a better record than last year, I'm far from worried at this point in the season. I mean, did anyone realistically think we'd jump out front and lead the conference wire to wire? I guess what I'm saying is care about the team, of course. Ponder changes, and all that good stuff. But relax! It's a marathon, not a sprint. And given our current position, we're okay....for now. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, RickD_99 said:

Bad enough I have to watch my beloved Alabama team lay an egg against LSU and now I turn on this 💩show! Some days it doesn’t pay to get outa bed!

On the other hand, if one loves purple and gold, even if this team presently stinks, LIFE IS GOOD. Go Tigs 

3 hours ago, Altaholic said:

Wow.....you guys make it sound like we just got swept in the Eastern Conference Finals.... No wait. That actually happened and most of you were much easier on the team than you are right now. So, let's put this in perspective. On Nov 10th of last year, we were 7-7-3 and 10th in the East. We went to the ECF after being 10 points back in JANUARY! That does not happen....ever. Except it did. So, to be in the same place, but with a better record than last year, I'm far from worried at this point in the season. I mean, did anyone realistically think we'd jump out front and lead the conference wire to wire? I guess what I'm saying is care about the team, of course. Ponder changes, and all that good stuff. But relax! It's a marathon, not a sprint. And given our current position, we're okay....for now. 

Altaholic, although I love your outlook, You are comparing apples and oranges in my opinion. Look for a moment and ponder the last month of this season and tell me you still don't have a wee bit of concern. With 4, count them, 4 B to Bs, I fear we have to have a lot of points "in the bank" as the schedule is a killer?

13 hours ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Went to bed after the first. It made the nightmare stop.

I was ecstatically celebrating LSUs finally getting an 8 year monkey off their back (paralleled us with playoffs), so was recording the game. The reverse of you top, I tuned in on way home and learned it was 3-0, so never tuned in?

18 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

On the other hand, if one loves purple and gold, even if this team presently stinks, LIFE IS GOOD. Go Tigs 

Congrats KJUNKANE on getting that monkey off your back. Unlike several other teams highly ranked the Tigers have actually earned their ranking this year by playing the toughest schedule in the country by far!

2 hours ago, RickD_99 said:

Congrats KJUNKANE on getting that monkey off your back. Unlike several other teams highly ranked the Tigers have actually earned their ranking this year by playing the toughest schedule in the country by far!

Thanks RickD, spoken like a true gentleman and I appreciate.