The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Sens @ Canes, Veteran's Day

1 minute ago, AWACSooner said:

Don’t get me started on that ******** about the Don.  Cause that was pure political ******** by a bunch of candy *edit* snowflakes!

That's what it sounds like. PC did him in.

2 minutes ago, winger52 said:

That's what it sounds like. PC did him in.

He’s said waaaay worse than what got him canned.  And he was right in his statement too.

Just now, AWACSooner said:

He’s said waaaay worse than what got him canned.  And he was right in his statement too.

I read the rant and the reactions from non PC Canadians . A lot of upset citizens. They really love Don. Great hockey mind who tells it like it is.

Just now, winger52 said:

I read the rant and the reactions from non PC Canadians . A lot of upset citizens. They really love Don. Great hockey mind who tells it like it is.

It’s not like they were taken by surprise cause he has never said something controversial before...they were looking for any excuse to fire him 

• Like 2

Hopefully the giant was awoken tonight 

as far as the hand/wrist injury for staal, I think the hug fight he got into is a good indication one exists.

• Like 6

Not that I wanted to see Don Cherry get canned but it was nice to see that a Bunch of Jerks giving him a proper send-off with a storm search. Much needed and well deserved win.  

3 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

It’s not like they were taken by surprise cause he has never said something controversial before...they were looking for any excuse to fire him 

Yep, Cherry's downfall started last year when he labelled us "A Bunch of Jerks"? Karma is a b*&%#!!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, winger52 said:

There is a tailor in Toronto crying now.

Given the fabric choices, I was thinking it was Toronto upholsterer and drapers that would be most upset... 😜😂

• Like 5

17 hours ago, sleekfeeder said:

Canes 7 Sens 1

I nominate sleekfeeder as our official pre-game prognosticator.  Worked this time!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Any time someone begins a rant with "you people" it isn't going to end well for that person, nor should it. Every person is different, and Cherry knew exactly what he was doing: The country's defense minister is a Sikh immigrant who was decorated for his service to Canada in Afghanistan, and who investigated gang violence with the Vancouver PD. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

Hopefully the giant was awoken tonight 

as far as the hand/wrist injury for staal, I think the hug fight he got into is a good indication one exists.

Or it was totally useless to fight with a huge lead. Fight fo what purpose?

Hopefully all our bounces werent cashed in last night.  The first 4 were fortunate bounces our way.  

off a skate from a bad angle shot

deflected off a blocked shot right to our guy who had an open net

Iffy slashing penalty that wasn’t called
off a stick when it was intended to be a pass

at least 2 if not 3 of those don’t happen usually, needless to say in the same game.

Edited by gocanes0506
  • Like 2