The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Canes @ Slugs, 14 Nov 19

always take the two. BUT DADGUMMIT. WTH is that defensive hockey from the 16 minute mark to the end. PLAY offensive hockey with a lead or that's gonna happen every single time in this over skilled O LEAGUE that it is now. 

• Like 3

Kind of nerve wracking, a couple of breakdowns, but a really nice win. Necas? No surprise to this guy. Anyone still want Gauthier instead? Dougie? The guy is now on a 39 goal pace. That's goals, not points. 

Getting two points in this one just feels big somehow. If we can keep on our game we've got 6 winnable games waiting. 

Really thought Svech had this one won earlier. Skinner keeps scoring on us, and yet we keep winning those games. Maybe a lesson in there somewhere. 

Nice win.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, OBXer said:

Nice.  Entertaining game

yeah, one of those where you'd ordinarily say it's a shame one team had to lose*

(*Does not apply to any Eastern Division team. Or Calgary.) 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, remkin said:

Skinner keeps scoring on us, and yet we keep winning those games. Maybe a lesson in there somewhere. 

Yah, send someone out there to kick his 🐶 *edit* at the opening face off 

Skinner is still on a garbage team so let him score and have his fun. His scoring  for Buffalo has never cost us 2 points (yet). I hope he scores 20 vs the Caps and Aisles.

• Like 6

I never noticed until they showed a closeup replay of OT winner, when the guys piled up in the corner, how far out those red Canes logos on the side of their helmets stick out.

Looks like little sawed off horns, kind of like Hellboy.

Edited by CanesFan2003
  • Like 1

2-0 since svetch-Aho-TiVo.13 goals scored.

staal had a solid game

necas, the double edge sword swings in our favor tonight.

Nino, Nino, Nino.... didn’t need you tonight, didn’t see you tonight.

And a show of hands please....  how many of you had already written off our season when Mrazek took the puck to the neck?  Be honest!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, MisterDobz said:

And a show of hands please....  how many of you had already written off our season when Mrazek took the puck to the neck?  Be honest!

Yeah, that was scary. Made me realize how thin we are in Goalie. I'm not convinced yet that Reimer is a solid #2.

Edited by CanesFan2003

35 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

Necas is ready. I'll eat crow on that, with a big ol' slice o' humble pie for dessert. Gorgeous play.

Yeah I'm surprised too.  He is really good.  He kind of strikes me as a guy that is good at everything. 

Out of the house but managed to watch last 5 plus OT on the phone.  Nice to see some exciting action.

2 pts on the road is always success, even if the outright win slipped away

Edited by wxray1

20 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

Hells Yeah

I'm trying here man. Dont know if I can will this thread to 14 pages or not but I'm trying.

Also the Browns are beating up on the Stoolers so, great sports night for me