The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
sleekfeeder

GDT: Carolina Hurricanes @ Chicago Blackhawks - Tuesday, November 19, 2019 @ 8:30 PM ET

image.thumb.png.4d547de5503e165cfcce81ea0af8d301.png     VS       image.thumb.png.13b950e65fa7ad894f18ee42151e3095.png    

HEAD TO HEAD SUMMARY

The Carolina Hurricanes will be wrapping up a 3-game road swing with the game in Chicago Tuesday night against a resilient Blackhawks squad that has been on the rise of late, winning 5 of their last 6 games, scoring just over 4.5 goals per game during that stretch. The Hurricanes themselves have also seemed to have snapped out of their own recent funk, taking 3 in a row, and scoring over 5.5 goals per game during that streak. 

PLAYERS TO WATCH

For the Hurricanes, the young Andrei Svechnikov is off to a banner year, avoiding any sort of Sophomore slump, tied for the team lead in points at 22, all the while scoring some flashy impact goals. Dooooogie Hamilton should also be in the conversation, despite some of his defensive gaffes is tied for the team lead with Svechnikov, and is a big driver of our offense even strength, and on special teams.  

For the Blackhawks, Patrick Kane is the only name you need to know. He leads the team with 26 points, almost double the next closest total. Can the Hurricanes shut him down, and finish this road trip on a positive note?

LINGERING QUESTIONS

Can the Hurricanes slow down the Chicago offense?

With the newly formed Turbo-Aho-Svech line continue to dominate even strength?

If the Hurricanes get ahead, can they continue to play their game and finishing strong without relinquishing the lead?

What is the health of the Hurricanes up and down the lineup? Is Haula going to sit? 

Either way......

LET'S GO CANES!!!

image.thumb.png.89a98498f04ba5ec3220d1e7bc023037.png

The gates are now open! Discuss.

Edited by sleekfeeder
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Rod said he’s out indefinitely 

Haven't watched Rod's presser.  But indefinitely not 100% means long term. It might mean that they are going to conduct more thorough checkup.

Have they called Eetu up from Charlotte?  I haven;t seen anything indicating that.  Hope so, the kid looked pretty good in his first stint with the big club.  

15 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

WTH is that hot dog on top?

13 hours ago, sleekfeeder said:

Carolina dog vs Chicago dog

Chili slaw mustard.

13 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

Should also mention "red hot dog", or its not authentic?

7 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

Yeah, me too, that thing is gross and I've never seen one in Carolina. 

This is a most important topic!  Sorry guys, but the Chicago dog is THE way.  Thank you sleekfeeder for picking absolute authentic pictures of both samples.

The Chicago Dog:

1) Steamed poppy seed bun.  No dry bun crap.  Must have the poppies, or else it is fake.

2) All beef skin on dog.  No fake red food coloring stuff.  No pork to make it a bit more friendly to more religious traditions.

3) Relish.  Required.  No slaw.  Slaw?  Serious.  NO!  Some say the fake green relish is required.  No so, florescent coloring is optional.  This is a shop choice.  The coloring is Chicago's equivalent to the fake red dog.  The above picture has mostly natural relish, the best way.

4) Chicago shares mustard with Carolina.  Here we can all get along. The only thing we share in common. Chicago requires onions, optional on Carolina.

5) In Chicago, chili goes in a bowl.  Since Cincinnati is close by, you can get a Cincy style "chili dog" if you look hard.  But people who order those are considered outsiders and may be shunned.  Get an authentic hot tamale (Chicago style) if you need some ground beef with your meal.  All good hot dog shops offer the Chicago tamale as a side.

6) Sport peppers are optional.  Mildly hot.  I pick mine off and eat them as an appetizer.

7) Gotta have the pickle spear.  I eat them as an appetizer too.  Some shops also add cucumbers.  I'm not a big fan of cukes.

8.) Finally, the tomatoes are required.  I've seen some pretty good fakes, yet they always forget the celery salt on the tomato.  No!  Celery salt is required!

True story.  My FIRST day in Raleigh, I stayed in the N. Raleigh Hilton.  I made my way down to Snoopy's nearby and ordered a "hot dog with everything."  The picture above came to me.  I'm like: what the <edit> is this?  Mr. Webb (who recently passed away) was at the window and we had a nice chat about doing hot dogs the right way.  Nice guy, gave me a short lesson in Carolina culture, and probably even talked to me about the Raleigh politics of the day.  So I tried the dog.  Even though it was foreign, I came to like it as an alternative, just as I've learned to love E. Carolina BBQ.  My family from Chicago still will not try BBQ.  They almost disowned me over the fact I will eat a hot dog the wrong way, but they got over it.

Edited by wxray1
  • Like 2

Tomatoes (much like ketchup) dont belong on a hot dog. Nor does slaw or relish (because its gross) but what do I know. 

mustard, no bean chili, onions and maybe cheese are options.  

9 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

Tomatoes (much like ketchup) dont belong on a hot dog. Nor does slaw or relish (because its gross) but what do I know. 

mustard, no bean chili, onions and maybe cheese are options.  

No ketchup is agreed upon by both parties.  Cheese?  No!  Get a "cheese dog" if you need cheese.  Those are gross.  The Wisconsinites always try to import their damn cheese.

3 minutes ago, sleekfeeder said:

Glad to see I've provoked some meaningful conversation here! 

:)

As to the real topic, yes, Carolina is hitting the Blackhawks on the rebound.  Time to squelch it.  Go Canes!

5 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

:)

As to the real topic, yes, Carolina is hitting the Blackhawks on the rebound.  Time to squelch it.  Go Canes!

This game actually has me concerned more than usual because they’re on the rebound 

50 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

This game actually has me concerned more than usual because they’re on the rebound 

And IMO we are playing decent in spurts and yet to play at the level this team capable of. Hoping for 3 solid periods and a take care of business attitude!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sleekfeeder said:

Glad to see I've provoked some meaningful conversation here! 

Yep, thank you!! Much more germane than the Skinner controversy that is like The Endless Flame that lights up the Olympics.

1 hour ago, wxray1 said:

No ketchup is agreed upon by both parties.  Cheese?  No!  Get a "cheese dog" if you need cheese.  Those are gross.  The Wisconsinites always try to import their damn cheese.

I'd rather import crawfish and have étouffée personally.

11 hours ago, bluedevilcane said:

Have the Canes announced Haula is out long term?

Yes, apparently "displaced patella and chipped bone" aka-Chip. Can read on Country Canes if like?

57 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Yes, apparently "displaced patella and chipped bone" aka-Chip. Can read on Country Canes if like?

which means any chance of Haula getting a long term extension is gone.  if his knee is stable enough to play again, he will go year to year.  

He is too skilled.  He gets saddled with a career threatening injury like that.  Pitkanen-esque.  

3 hours ago, wxray1 said:

This is a most important topic!  Sorry guys, but the Chicago dog is THE way.

Just to be clear, the Carolina dog looks completely gross.  Even worse is those red hot dogs made here from chicken lips and other nefarious parts that can't be spoken about here.   The one time I had a real Chicago style dog like in the picture (in Chicago) it was awesome.

• Like 1