The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
sleekfeeder

GDT: Carolina Hurricanes @ Chicago Blackhawks - Tuesday, November 19, 2019 @ 8:30 PM ET

7 minutes ago, Derailed75 said:

While true I would lie to see nashville get moved to the Met when Seattle enters the league and realignment hits. DC is just never going to be considered "Southern" and a Nash-Canes rivalry would be fun

Here’s an interesting dynamic. Washington couldn’t  care less about Carolina as a rival .... the same way the Pens couldn’t have cared less about Washington pre-2018. Now, we keep being a thorn in the Capitals’ side it will fester into a rivalry no matter how much the Caps try to shoo us away. Doubt we ever develop anything with Nashville in the foreseeable future.  Chicago is the last dominant Western franchise ( back when the West was best) now that the East has been beast Cup-wise in recent years

Edited by surfzone365
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Derailed75 said:

While true I would lie to see nashville get moved to the Met when Seattle enters the league and realignment hits. DC is just never going to be considered "Southern" and a Nash-Canes rivalry would be fun

Take Amtrak to DC and then the Metro to Chinatown. Easy trip. And you don't have to fight the freakin traffic disaster Richmond to the Pentagon.

Edited by winger52
  • Like 1

I don’t think rivalries need to be regional. I enjoyed our brief rivalries with Buffalo and NJ, and hope we can wiggle our way into another Metro bad blood rivalry elsewhere.

winning helps with that

Edited by surfzone365

Just now, surfzone365 said:

I don’t think rivalries need to be regional. I enjoyed our brief rivalries with Buffalo and NJ, and hope we can wiggle our way into another Metro bad blood rivalry elsewhere.

Well if we can get a rivalry going with Vancouver/Seattle, I'm going to participate. Even Vegas would be good. 

1 minute ago, winger52 said:

Well if we can get a rivalry going with Vancouver/Seattle, I'm going to participate. Even Vegas would be good. 

Unless we meet those teams in the Cup Finals a few years in a row, I doubt that happens 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by surfzone365
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, surfzone365 said:

Unless we meet those teams in the Cup Finals a few years in a row, I doubt that happens 🤷🏻‍♂️

One can dream.

The Hawks go through the motions when losing, the same thing we do when leading. If that holds true this will offset both aspects and be a boring third period in which we have nothing to worry about.

23 minutes ago, Derailed75 said:

Actually I could see a rivalry with Nashville.

Going against our old coach Lavi who took the Canes to the Cup.

In a playoff series, a drive to Nashville wouldn't be to bad, be nice to get into their barn and Cheer on the Canes, etc...

• Like 1