The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

Nov 30th- Predators vs Canes 7pm

Our Forecheck heavy style is just not conducive to constantly having to chase the game, by not at least keeping even after 1. And neither is that pond hockey we watched tonight. 25 in and still no consistent identity. Speed, crispness, neutral and blue line wall, puck control game for 3 or 4 games. Glorified practice session the next 3. Seems we all of a sudden have a bunch of players who think they're better than they are, cause they'll throw the 'Structure" out the window after a goal free period in a heartbeat. Rod is showing great control, cause we all know what he believes in and preaches, and they are STRAYED from it bigtime.

• Like 1

Cant point to one or two guys the whole team stunk. Where is the newly million dollar man? Didnt notice him at all. Gardiner sucks...just an anchor. NN nothing positive, Zinger showing nothing.Everyone loves Marty,but you know he ain't going to score. Staal, to slow for the game. Svech had a few good shifts. Necas,nothing, TT Meh....other than that we were deadly.

1 hour ago, MisterDobz said:

Trip, ‘Gardner has had a rough one’.  

Ya think?

Slow with the wheels and never exerts himself. Disappointment all year.

It was an endurance test to make it through the game last night. Coach, players and others seem to think we had our chances and didn't play badly. Well maybe so but I didn't see it. Nashville just flat out beat us. 

The only good is that we get to put it behind us and get a fresh start today.

9 hours ago, 2ndsacker said:

Seems we all of a sudden have a bunch of players who think they're better than they are, cause they'll throw the 'Structure" out the window after a goal free period in a heartbeat. Rod is showing great control, cause we all know what he believes in and preaches, and they are STRAYED from it bigtime.

I didn't post after the game because I just was really cranky, having spent money on that slop.

After sleeping on it, 2ndsacker pretty much says what I feel.  You could actually feel the fade and the free-for-all play begin after Rinne's second holy-crap save in the first.   "Here we go again..." was felt by everyone.

13 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

This is not a playoff team.

Starting to feel like Dundon had some real merit in his "only players that teams don't want make it to FA" quote when he got here. 

3 hours ago, OBXer said:

Nashville Rinne just flat out beat us. 

We had a ton of grade-A chances, from dead-to-rights in front to tipped pucks that score on him (and every other keeper in this league) on any other night of the year, and he stopped every one of them cold. By halfway through the first, that game had shutout written all over it.

That's not to say I disagree with the general consensus here, especially that we did not have an answer for their physicality. Speed alone is enough--provided the opposing team cannot match your speed. Nashville can, did, and played heavy to boot.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, wxray1 said:

I didn't post after the game because I just was really cranky, having spent money on that slop.

After sleeping on it, 2ndsacker pretty much says what I feel.  You could actually feel the fade and the free-for-all play begin after Rinne's second holy-crap save in the first.   "Here we go again..." was felt by everyone.

We almost went; we had a Thanksgiving invite in Raleigh and begged off (our old butts are kicked and we just needed the downtime). Tix would have been our thanks to our hosts. Sorry you had to sit through that in person, xray.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

We almost went; we had a Thanksgiving invite in Raleigh and begged off (our old butts are kicked and we just needed the downtime). Tix would have been our thanks to our hosts. Sorry you had to sit through that in person, xray.

On the other hand every game there are moments when team hangs him out to dry and cannot recover from those goals. So it looks like Petr have to be perfect in every game despite high danger chances happening due to defensive lapses and inability of our offense to bail him out. And that puts additional pressure on him.

• Like 1

It’s been a season of streaks so far, but we don’t make the playoffs with 3 and 4 game losing streaks after every good stretch. Really hard to single out bright spots other than Hamilton and Svech. At the outset of the season someone posted that we need league average goaltending to make the playoffs. Just read in another thread that Mrazek is low 30’s in save percentage, and Reimer is 28th. The team is not doing either of them any favors - we sure seem to give up a lot of breakaways- but that’s where you need your goalies to step up. Right now we are just all around not a playoff team. And if we don’t turn things around soon, the standings are going to reflect that. Tampa is a tall order, but we need to turn things around starting tonight before we are under water at the end of December again.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, snuffy72 said:

sleekfeeder......As my little daughter would say, this was a stinky boom-boom.

Now that's funny.   LOL :) !!

Love to bring levity to the situation and make you guys laugh. Really enjoy y'all's company. No joke. As for the Canes, get back on the darn horse. There's lots of hockey left to play.

• Like 3