The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
OBXer

Canes @ Bolts Nov 30 7PM

Glad for the win.  But thinking to last night, for us fans, we got nothing.  At least Tampa gave their fans real hope.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MisterDobz said:

A good, solid lunchpail win, got a bit dicey early in the third, but a good road win after a home stinker last night.

Hopefully a bit of confidence booster

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DevildogKodi said:

I wonder how much of the third was a result of only 11 forwards on a back-to-back running out of gas late?

Plus one in the box all period.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DevildogKodi said:

I wonder how much of the third was a result of only 11 forwards on a back-to-back running out of gas late?

My thought exactly: are they running out of gas or playing just to protect the lead?

13 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

Since the Canes didn’t play last night they should win

Took me a minute. But I see what you did there!

16 minutes ago, sleekfeeder said:

If they go on the penalty parade to the box like they did tonight on Tuesday, they're gonna be in big trouble.

That’s just trying to save forwards TOI, as there were only 11

Edited by MisterDobz

League has grown in talent and desire with so many young hungry players. Old school strategy and tactics of protecting leads instead of working to extend them is dying off. And not slowly. League wide. Night after night. And I m thinking a lot of coaches, even including ours, need to see that. The funny thing is it's not just limited to upper tier teams. Anybody can and will "climb the mountain" as Forslund used to say. Safe, limited risk defensive hockey is no longer a consistent winning tactic in my estimation. There are too many instances of it this year and only a quarter done. We got our 2 tonight, but logically, probably shouldn't have. 

I knew all the Reimer hate would be reversed once he won a few games.  Right now he has better numbers on the season then Mraz.  Still want to trade asap haters??

3 hours ago, remkin said:

#4 on the Top 10 plays. Awesome!

Saw the top ten goals of the year so far over the weekend, guess what was number one!?!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MisterDobz said:

Saw the top ten goals of the year so far over the weekend, guess what was number one!?!

Got to be Svech With the lacrosse goal.

• Like 3