The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Sharkiez @ Canes, 5 Dec

San Jose 🦈 @ Carolina Hurricanes

Thursday, 5 December 2019

7 PM EST 

PNC Arena

Well, here we are...time for some payback after they up and throttled us during our visit to the Shark Tank in October (ok, so it was really that goon Evander Kane throttling us with his hat trick), and we’re coming off of two shutouts in three games, so tonight’s the time to get the offense going.

After being left for dead after a disastrous start to the season, SJ is ONE POINT out of WC2 in the West...while we’re relegated to WC2 in the East (*edit* Evil Empire and Phlyers won’t *edit* lose).  So expect a full-on heavyweight tilt tonight.

Why are we gonna need a bigger boat? To fit all the hats being thrown onto the ice, cause there should be at least three of our players scoring hatties tonight ;)

Hockey Gods, we need a break for that game the other night...if we bench Gardiner, can we please get a 💩 ton of offensive output for the rest of the season?

• Like 1

Man do we seem to find ourselves playing hot teams a lot. First Boston. Now SJS, who are 7-3-0 in their last 10. Then the formally hapless Wild, currently on a 4 game win streak with no regulation losses in their last 10 games. 

The thing is that while this team tends to play down, they also tend to play up. Given that these two tough home games are followed by a brutal 5 game West coast trip against #2, #3, #5, #8, and #11 in the West with a combined home record of 37-18-9, we need to get these two.

Mrazek needs a start, but Reimer has been off the chain. 

Go get this one.

5 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

if we bench Gardiner

TVR seats instead. Full projected lineup from the Canes page:

Svechnikov-Staal-Foegele
Niederreiter-Aho-Teravainen
Dzingel-Wallmark-Martinook
McGinn-Bishop-Gibbons

Slavin-Hamilton
Edmundson-Pesce
Fleury-Gardiner

Mrazek

Now, SAT line is disassembled (wonder why?), but at least we got 12 forwards as Gibbons was recalled

29 minutes ago, Caniac514 said:

Svechnikov-Staal-Foegele
McGinn-Bishop-Gibbons

Slavin-Hamilton
Edmundson-Pesce
Fleury-Gardiner

Mrazek

Now, SAT line is disassembled (wonder why?), but at least we got 12 forwards as Gibbons was recalled

Maybe SAT line is too small and too young to play against Kane?

35 minutes ago, Caniac514 said:

Svechnikov-Staal-Foegele
McGinn-Bishop-Gibbons

Slavin-Hamilton
Edmundson-Pesce
Fleury-Gardiner

Mrazek

Gardiner is playing 🤯

Nino is probably with Seabass and Turbo to get his *edit* in gear!

No smothering forecheck, no finishing checks and no net presence equals a whole lot of trouble for our team.  Hopefully they will get it back on track tonight and play the game that they are capable of playing, but just don't execute as of late.  Frustrating as hell to watch when you know they have it in them and can handle any team in the league when they play that style of hockey!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bonivan said:

My guess would be that since the SAT line is the only consistent scoring line we have and a top D-pairing whose shots can be blocked from getting through, it's easy for other teams have make adjustments and shut us down. On the other hand, it only takes a nod from Brindy and they are back together.

• Like 1

Really time to step up. We are floundering and teams are passing us. Right the ship now and we won't have a big struggle for the playoffs, 

• Like 3

Just saw that the Sharks have the #1 PK in the league.

So not only win, but how about at least one PP goal, and goals from Staal, Gardiner and Nino.

That's not asking too much is it?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

💩, Saturday is Star Wars night?  Gonna have to up my game for the GDT

Cool I'm going to that one. I'll have to wear my, uh my, uh. oh let's face it I don't have any Star Wars stuff.