The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Christmas Trees @ Candy Canes

Related image vs Image result for Carolina Hurricanes

Saturday, 7 December 2019

7 PM EST, PNC ARENA

It's Star Wars night!!

Image result for star wars

And the Christmas Trees on Ice Minnesota Wild are coming in pretty hot...especially given their abysmal start to the season.  They now sit in the WC2 spot in the West, having defeated their last five opponents, including the SwampCats and Bolts on the road.  Zac Parise and the other Staal have started to heat up as well.  Our boys need to come out flying...of course, doing this to them would help as well:

So Live Long and Prosper...and kick the *edit* outta the Wild!

Image result for live long and prosper

• Like 2

Wild captain Mikko Koivu  placed on injured reserve Friday. They recalled center Nico Sturm from the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League

Not sure how much Koivu contributes to the Wild, OBXer, so not sure if this has an effect or not? Just looking for a good game tonight. Sadly I won't be in attendance as my LSU Tigers have a HUGE matchup at 4pm, but I'll be following Canes online.

9 minutes ago, remkin said:

How the heck does Pittsburgh keep winning with all the injuries? Speaking of which, any chance we see Necas?

A JR deal with the Devil...and no, he’s out today.

It was pointed out yesterday that Nino and Rask are tied in goals so far this year. If Nino doesn't start finding the twine that trade might even out. I'm still thinking he will, but he needs to get going. Need Nino with more points than Rask tonight please.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Not sure how much Koivu contributes to the Wild, OBXer, so not sure if this has an effect or not?

He only has 2 goals and 12 points this season but he is a plus player and their Captain. It might be as interesting  to see how Sturm  plays if he draws in. He had a good training camp according to reports.  I suppose you could make the case that Martinook has only one goal and three points but does anyone think we didn't miss him when he was out.

• Like 1

Wild captain Mikko Koivu  placed on injured reserve Friday. They recalled center Nico Sturm from the Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League

Too bad,I like to say his name in a funny voice every time he touches the puck, it pisses off my daughter...

12 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

Are Canes allowed to use their Star Wars sticks tonight? :P

Hockey can be a dangerous sport

Just a flesh wound...a flesh wound? You're legs are off....I've had worse.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, remkin said:

Very cool. 

Is that his new battle gear in response to his combat with Thornton? 

Yes. Throat protection included.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

Sadly I won't be in attendance as my LSU Tigers have a HUGE matchup at 4pm, but I'll be following Canes online.

Don’t worry, I’m going to be there.  But wait, the Canes have dropped three straight with me in attendance!  Maybe I should watch LSU for you and you go see the Canes...? 🤔🐯🏈

1 hour ago, Red_Storm said:

Don’t worry, I’m going to be there.  But wait, the Canes have dropped three straight with me in attendance!  Maybe I should watch LSU for you and you go see the Canes...? 🤔🐯🏈

That's a deal!! Oh wait, I'm late already, have to leave it up to you to break the jinx?

Edited by KJUNKANE
  • Like 2