The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Christmas Trees @ Candy Canes

23 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

I think it’s natural tendency to anticipate the goal...so breakaway or odd man rush standing is ok by me 

Heck, even at home, I sometimes rise a bit out of my chair during a real tense game when a breakaway happens late in the game that would take the lead.  Invariably, the Canes player fumbles the puck or shoots it 6 feet over the net or similar.  Mrs. Storm then looks at me and says, “Sit down you idiot.”  Sigh... 

I sit in 126 for a reason.  To see and hear the entire ice - plays develop, or not, rushes, the benches goings on, same for the box, both goalies, line changes, the 3 on 3's, shootouts, on and on. An unobstructed view.  It's hockey, baby.

Some nimrod who shows up once or twice a year or anyone here who obstructs that view, sucks.  :D

I guess I do forgive 2 on 1's and such from folks who don't stand up otherwise.

Sit Down. Quit Leaning. 

Dadgum.

Edited by coastal_caniac

Anyone wants to stand during a game, they should open general admission standing room only sections down front, on the floor.  Or go out on the concourse and stand while you watch on the monitors.  If you have a seat, put your butt in it.  Not everyone wants to stand, not everyone *can* stand, and not everyone can see around you when *you* stand.  When i pay money to watch a hockey game, i want to see the game, not your back.

42 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

Anyone wants to stand during a game, they should open general admission standing room only sections down front, on the floor.  Or go out on the concourse and stand while you watch on the monitors.  If you have a seat, put your butt in it.  Not everyone wants to stand, not everyone *can* stand, and not everyone can see around you when *you* stand.  When i pay money to watch a hockey game, i want to see the game, not your back.

Amen brother 

18 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

I wish they offered standing sections.  At 6’2 i get really cramped in the seats. I don’t like to or want to sit the game outside of few big plays.   

I recall on the Hurricanes survey asking for thoughts about changes & arena upgrades that I filled out a couple months ago, some of the questions were about the idea of general admission tickets that would gain you access to the arena and a standing room section but no seat, so they are thinking about it enough to ask the question at least.

36 minutes ago, Red_Storm said:

I recall on the Hurricanes survey asking for thoughts about changes & arena upgrades that I filled out a couple months ago, some of the questions were about the idea of general admission tickets that would gain you access to the arena and a standing room section but no seat, so they are thinking about it enough to ask the question at least.

Hate hate HATE that idea...did that at United Center and the views and fans were atrocious 

13 hours ago, Red_Storm said:

Yes, that question was asked.  Might be good for all the leaners and quick pop up standers...  Ah, who am I fooling?  Some people just want to lean and stand.  The guy in front of us, about 6' 1" is a leaner and quick stander.  He's in the second row.  He bollixes it up for the WHOLE SECTION when he does this as the cascade of rows follow him.  He should move to the back row (it is the short sections on the media side).

BTW AWACS has a point about "Fans atrocious".  The problem with standers is they come just to chug beer and enjoy the atmosphere.  My family has gone to United and my niece and her husband were one of the standers.  They were there more for the event than the game.  The Facebook pictures proved it.  It's a Millennial thing, we wouldn't understand.

Edited by wxray1
  • Like 2