The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
AWACSooner

GDT: Christmas Trees @ Candy Canes

3 minutes ago, realmdrakkar said:

I probably need to be banned as well - not overwhelmed by the Marley commercials.  Better than those blasted ACC commercials tho.

Saturday night massacre

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

The Metro is crazy.  Something has to give.

I've got Vegas money on Pens missing the playoffs and Caps first round elimination .

Aho doing his thang. But I've come to believe TT is the straw in the drink with the team at its highest level of play. When he's going, and going that good, it almost seems that every line combo feeds off that quiet superlative nature of his top game. Just how I see the overall team game when they get it to this homestand's level. And a note of something very positive for Bishop. Very much IN the game. Noticeable. Good sign as injuries occur through the long new year grind.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, CanesFan2003 said:

Going to bed happy tonight, sweet dreams to ensue of Hat Tricks and Marley dancing in my head.

Take some melatonin quick and it'll get rid of the Marley thing?

1 minute ago, AWACSooner said:

Damn Center Ice cut the feed before Rod’s presser...someone get me the highlights please 

You're too fixated on the Marley girl to see highlights?

4 minutes ago, 2ndsacker said:

Aho doing his thang. But I've come to believe TT is the straw in the drink with the team at its highest level of play. When he's going, and going that good, it almost seems that every line combo feeds off that quiet superlative nature of his top game. Just how I see the overall team game when they get it to this homestand's level. And a note of something very positive for Bishop. Very much IN the game. Noticeable. Good sign as injuries occur through the long new year grind.

And TT also plays a good defense.

With 5 points Aho has 27 points in 30 games.  He is getting back to himself with his recent push.

21 of 27 has come since November 1st.  

Teuvo has 29 points in 30 games at less than 6 million. :jester:

Edited by gocanes0506

11 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Damn Center Ice cut the feed before Rod’s presser...someone get me the highlights please 

He’s happy....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

Nino is due soon. Things are coming together 👍🏽

I’ve know that I’ve been very critical of Nino this year but I just don’t see him coming out of it soon.  He has gotten better, earlier in the year he had games where he would turn the puck over more often than complete a pass.  Now he is in a funk where he just isn’t getting to the puck as often as he should.  He’s working hard and tough along the boards, but he still mostly a wasted roster spot at this point.

13 minutes ago, winger52 said:

So far whoever made the TT trade needs a big THANK YOU !

TiVo was just a throw in so the canes would take Bickell.  That was the day I went all in on becoming a Canes fan.  Ridiculous trade, Bickell and TiVo for a second and third rounder....

2 minutes ago, MisterDobz said:

TiVo was just a throw in so the canes would take Bickell.  That was the day I went all in on becoming a Canes fan.  Ridiculous trade, Bickell and TiVo for a second and third rounder....

They did give us Mongo...so I’d say it was an even trade 

10 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

I think we got Mongo rights in a separate trade for 3rd (or even 4th) rounder after season for Chicago was over and before start of free agency

5 hours ago, Red_Storm said:

Don’t worry, I’m going to be there.  But wait, the Canes have dropped three straight with me in attendance!  Maybe I should watch LSU for you and you go see the Canes...? 🤔🐯🏈

4 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

That's a deal!! Oh wait, I'm late already, have to leave it up to you to break the jinx?

Jinx broken! 👍

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bonivan said:

I think we got Mongo rights in a separate trade for 3rd (or even 4th) rounder after season for Chicago was over and before start of free agency

Yah, but it was the yin to the Turbo yang 

21 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Free Agent acquisition, that’s why his contract was so extreme.

13 minutes ago, Bonivan said:

Oh right, trade as Darling was about to go Free Agent to give us the first shot...  should have passed....