The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
surfzone365

GDT: Carolina Hurricanes Vs Edmonton Oilers - Tuesday, December 10, 2019 - 9:00 PM EST

Thanks Marty for that fine impersonation of an EMT. Thanks Cassian for just being ignorant. And will somebody in the NHL just get in McJesus's way one time skating through center. He plays the game more untouched than Gretzky did. How many minutes does that guy play anyway. Seems like 40. Oh, and thanks Dougie for helping to stagger the parking lot exit. Bag of Tricks Sends em home mad every time. Good opponent. Solid game. Character test. Get about 6 more points on the trip and we'll all have a Merry Christmas.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, slapshot02 said:

Just better oil by us tonight. Quick oil change after 8 min in the third.

5edd3b8fcc0fcbe295d8e792c97c91ac.jpg

Marley Girls?

8 hours ago, KJUNKANE said:

We need to study their technique?

Their "Technique" is sucking so bad so long they have multiple number 1 and top 10 picks over the last 10 years.  McDavid, Draisatl,RNH to name a couple . This has the effect of collecting the talent to do what they do.  

• Like 1

5 on 5 vs the oil is the key. The Edmonton Oilers are full of contradictions. They lead the Pacific Division; they boast two — two! — players that have already reached 50 points this year. Yet, they’re a collective minus-73 at even strength. For comparison, the Canes are plus-23.

38 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

5 on 5 vs the oil is the key. The Edmonton Oilers are full of contradictions. They lead the Pacific Division; they boast two — two! — players that have already reached 50 points this year. Yet, they’re a collective minus-73 at even strength. For comparison, the Canes are plus-23.

Those dudes are really good. It is harder to play to their strengths with 5 people on the ice playing defense.  

We beat a good and very talented team last night. I'm sure from a coaching perspective it was a ulcer inducing affair. From a spectators perspective it was exciting and enjoyable experience. A lot of good things including our best was our best and our secondary scoring and power play was great.

More please.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Chuffy_McChufferson said:

You can practically hear the crowds' collective jaws scraping the floor.

10 hours ago, CanesFan2003 said:

Never have I ever heard it that quiet in Rogers Place before.

Why do they call it Rogers Place?

10 hours ago, legend-1 said:

How you gonna boo your boys after their best start in frickin years?

Canadian fans are overhyped.

Oil is 4-5-1 in last 10.

Oil is 3-4-3 at home in Nov and Dec.

I can't blame the fans for being nervous and restless.  We were complaining similiarly, with boos at the arena just a few weeks ago.  For comparison, Canes are 6-4-0 in last 10 and 5-4-0 at home for Nov/Dec.  Short memories recall the recent wins at PNC.   Nov was 3-4-0 at home, and the losing game I was at (Nov 29, Preds) just plain was terrible.

10 hours ago, gocanes0506 said:

Canes are the Oilers first Metro loss

The Canes can teach them a thing or three about losing to Metro opponents.  They have experience.  Fortunately they're pretty good against other divisions.

• Like 1

Ahhh, feels good when everyone on the team is living up to there full potential and expectations........Well except for the captain who looks like he will finish the year with 9 goals.  But he's not a bad player to have on the ice, just has no offense left in him I guess.  

2 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

That move by Dougie to look the goalie off then score from the red line......wow, too cool.

I remember Stillman doing that once.  Takes skill fer sure....... and some luck.

4 hours ago, slapshot02 said:

Not what I expected from my Marley order. UPS dropped off last night.

You got your order of Beaver Oil then.

1 hour ago, Danimal38 said:

Ahhh, feels good when everyone on the team is living up to there full potential and expectations........Well except for the captain who looks like he will finish the year with 9 goals.  But he's not a bad player to have on the ice, just has no offense left in him I guess.  

The Hurricanes have a captain?

• Like 3

I felt we would win due to our D.

It's not always pretty and can be scary but that is what good D looks like.  How many times did Slavin poke it away or otherwise disrupt a play that was ALMOST there.  A lot of almosts.

Without that 5 on 3 debacle I figure they don't get their MO rolling and we don't have to score 6.

It was a great game.

The West is coming around of late and Boomer on XM today was saying the western teams are not an easy out right now.  Unlucky timing for us again, but we just beat 3 good ones in a row.

2 minutes ago, hag65 said:

The West is coming around of late and Boomer on XM today was saying the western teams are not an easy out right now.  Unlucky timing for us again, but we just beat 3 good ones in a row.

Now if we could just beat the bad eastern teams...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, hag65 said:

Yes, and especially Western Canada, the ones we're playing. The California teams not so much, but we're not going there. Calgary has qotten quite a lift from the removal of Pastor Bill. 5 in a row I think.

7 hours ago, cc said:

I remember Stillman doing that once.  Takes skill fer sure....... and some luck.

Stillman did a few times I believe and I seem to remember in a Canes Corner or other interview he said it was definitely something he looked for opportunities to do when playing against aggressive puck chasing goalies.