The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
surfzone365

GDT: Carolina Hurricanes Vs Edmonton Oilers - Tuesday, December 10, 2019 - 9:00 PM EST

Not too bad. Anytime we take a notable lead into a period, it makes me nervous that the period will end with a tie or worse. Gave up only one goal. Let’s finish strong

• Like 2

1 minute ago, slapshot02 said:

Ok, no complaints...just be ready for a huge Oil push to start the 3rd.

Yep, I'm guessing the Oil think they wil blow by us in the 3rd due to our jet lag? Just need to push thru this period, and possibly pad the lead a bit.

• Like 2

Just now, OBXer said:

They won the second period battle but we are still winning the war.

And we still had stretches of out playing them. These guys are starting to hit their groove, just like last year. Except last year we were well out of a playoff spot when they started this year we are 2 or 3 wins from 2nd in the Met. 

• Like 3

Just now, Derailed75 said:

And we still had stretches of out playing them. These guys are starting to hit their groove, just like last year. Except last year we were well out of a playoff spot when they started this year we are 2 or 3 wins from 2nd in the Met. 

Last season, this trip was what really got us cranking towards the playoffs 

the goat guy continues to look like a liability to me. just my 2 cents.  The rest of you can be blinded by draft status.  I wouldn't play him in the third.

Edited by coastal_caniac
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, coastal_caniac said:

the goat guy continues to look like a liability to me. just my 2 cents.  The rest of you can be blinded by draft status.  I wouldn't play him in the third.

Still wondering why Eetu wasn’t recalled 

Just now, RickD_99 said:

Another stunning fan turnout tonight for the Kitty Kate’s against their cross state rivals...

Yah...watched that game.  It’s embarrassing considering they’re actually decent 

4 minutes ago, coastal_caniac said:

I sadly agree coastal because I want him to turn into our next power forward, but he just doesn't appear to be getting it?

Edited by KJUNKANE

Got a late start to this game, but from what I saw, Canes played the last half of the 1st and first 5 minutes of the 2nd in the same dominating fashion as they played against the Wild.

After the Oiler goal Edmonton took over a little bit, but Canes seemed to even it up there toward the end of 2nd period and even get some momentum back.

Hoping they keep pushing and play to score more rather tham sit back and play to protect a lead.

I have high hopes the Canes can and will win this, just keep playing smart, stay out of the box, and play to score more versus turtling up.

Edited by CanesFan2003

1 minute ago, remkin said:

The 4th line has not looked great, but I think Goat needs more than one game with a few 4th line shifts IMO.

Nookie’s been flying and hitting

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KJUNKANE said:

I sadly agree coastal because I want him to into our next power forward, but he just doesn't appear to be getting it?

Hes young and has some really good guys ahead of him. He will get it and allow us to dump either salary or a player ahead of him for a position of need in the future. Give the kid some time

1 minute ago, AWACSooner said:

Nookie’s been flying and hitting

True. But they've been caught out against McDavid or Draisaitl's lines a couple of times and given up chances. Not that that's rare with those two. 

2 minutes ago, remkin said:

The 4th line has not looked great, but I think Goat needs more than one game with a few 4th line shifts IMO.

It doesn't work that way Remkin.  You should know that.