The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
surfzone365

GDT: Carolina Hurricanes Vs Vancouver Canucks - Thursday, December 12, 2019 - 10:00 PM EST

Been wanting to get off that odd point number since October. Now we roll on the 2's,4's, 6's and 8's. I 'll take it in a goaltending match like that. Good hockey game. Always some fluke $%!+ in games that go that far unblemished. 

Yep, good night all. Unfortunate loss of that stick really caused the carom, otherwise that puck possibly is handled and out of our net? And Roddy just now in his postgame interview confirms what we Caniacs feel, that puck we scored should have counted? "Cost us a point". Oh well, lets go take on Bill Peters' replacement.

Edited by KJUNKANE

6 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Both the Oilers and Canucks announcers are pretty good and even keeled

I say we lobby hard for one of them to take over for Doc Emrick when he retires.  ;)

• Like 3

Not a devastating loss but very annoying we couldn’t convert, and to echo other grumbles in here, the no goal call.  Only in hockey can you put a donut 🍩 on the scoreboard and still come away with something 😐.

My sleep coach had me in bed at 9:45.  Woke up and FF through the game and was amazed to see it end 0-0.  I did see the unfortunate end.

Question: Does Mrazek get credited with a shut out in terms of stats?

9 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

My sleep coach had me in bed at 9:45.  Woke up and FF through the game and was amazed to see it end 0-0.  I did see the unfortunate end.

Question: Does Mrazek get credited with a shut out in terms of stats?

No he doesn’t get a shutout.

if we had lost in a shootout then I believe he would have

Edited by gocanes0506

3 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

No he doesn’t get a shootout.

if we had lost in a shootout then I believe he would have

Dang.  That really sucks!

Thanks for the quick answer, gocanes.

This was a disappointing loss.

1. we played down to our opponent for 2 periods

2. markstrom made some wonderful saves but he didn’t have to fight a lot of traffic either

3. the goal should have counted and the refs admitted to the team they messed up

4. Can we give Svech a linemate?  Staal is well beyond disappointing on offense this season. Foegele provides a ton on energy but isn’t a scorer. He had the majority of the scoring chances but fumbled away most of them.