The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
surfzone365

GDT: Carolina Hurricanes Vs Calgary Flames - Saturday, December 14, 2019 - 4:00 PM EST

Just now, cc said:

Why don’t you just say it. Roddy is an idiot to playStaal. 

On the top line? Absolutely.  Jordo should be centering Necas and Nookie 

3 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Ginner never touched the line 

Umm AWAC who cares if it was offside or not....remember last game where we were screwed out of a win? That 💩 evens out over 82 games!

Edited by RickD_99
  • Like 2

Just now, CanesFan2003 said:

Well, at least the Refs thought he did, I imagine they had a better look during the review than I did watching from the TV.

Watching the Flames feed, they had a clear angle 

1 minute ago, cc said:

Why don’t you just say it. Roddy is an idiot to playStaal. 

No one's saying Staal should not be playing. He great on the PK, critical face-offs, and in the role of a defensive forward. But not on your first PP unit and not centering your #1 scorer.

3 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Ginner never touched the line 

It looked offside to me as well  but NHL officiating being what it is, every team is going to be the winner and the loser on bad calls so i'll take the law of averages.

Just now, spyglass88 said:

No one's saying Staal should not be playing. He great on the PK, critical face-offs, and in the role of a defensive forward. But not on your first PP unit and not centering your #1 scorer.

Actually, I’m saying he needs to view from the press box for a bit...his face off stats aren’t that good anymore, and he’s become more of a liability than an asset right now 

Just now, realmdrakkar said:

Did they?  I'll need to see that again.

Calgary feed said that was what was explained to the bench during the commercials.  And then they showed the replay where it was actually Goat that pushed it back in.  

Yah, I’ll take it, but it was a blown replay

6 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Calgary feed said that was what was explained to the bench during the commercials.  And then they showed the replay where it was actually Goat that pushed it back in.  

Yah, I’ll take it, but it was a blown replay

Yep, Gauthier totally brought it back over.  The Canes were owed one after Vancouver, though, so i'll take it.  Sucks for Calgary, but Lindholm.

I stand corrected guys...Brian Burke just broke it down and it was actually a dump in that wasn’t touched until Brock tagged up 

So, looking at the rule book, it was a good goal

Edited by AWACSooner

Great 2nd by the boys there. Lots of speed lots of fight and 2 goals. Happy with the game here.

Now big question for Don Waddel and Tom Dundon. What to do with Fluery? I would like to see him as an every game player but you have 3 guys who are the bottom 2 defenders. So I think they should rotate an offensive guys keeping Goat up after Huala is back. So what can we get for either TVR or Fluery and who should we trade? Personally I am in the fence with Gardiner and loved the way TVR played in the playoffs also am very happy with Fluerys play this year. Not sure what I would do and think this classifies as a "good problem to have"