The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

12/17 Canes @ Jets 8pm

Svech makes the hockey world say WOW. TT makes Aho say WOW. Jordo makes AWACS say WOW.:yahoo: Seems Rod is building a "nuther day at the office" mentality into the group, and it makes them gradually better. Than almost anyone.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, remkin said:

OK, one more thing before I turn in. The lacross goal works better in Juniors and college because there is a bit more room in the upper corner by those goalies. But NHL goalies allow just a few inches up there in that corner, and get over there. But Svech is so skilled he can slip it in those few inches up there.

Now I go to bed! Great game!

Yeah, but could he do it if a walrus was in net...? 🤔

• Like 1

7 outta 8, I’d say that’s a not too shabby road trip. Playing with house money on Thursday perhaps is the thinking, but I think we finish it with a Rocky Mountain high!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

I was nervous about the game. My GDT record isn’t the greatest.

glad it was a great game 

Take it from a guy who had a horrendous GDT and away game attendance record til last season...

It don’t matter!

Just now, surfzone365 said:

7 outta 8, I’d say that’s a not too shabby road trip. Playing with house money on Thursday perhaps is the thinking, but I think we finish it with a Rocky Mountain high!

Avs are in Chicago tomorrow.

But they’ll undoubtedly save Grubauer for us 

44 minutes ago, Red_Storm said:

Svechnikov’s goal was Number 1 in ESPN’s Top 10 plays of the day 🔥

Unfortunately for him if he keeps doing them they will become commonplace and no one will care. Nevermind nobody has pulled one off in the NHL before and now he was 2 on some pretty good goalies

1 hour ago, super_dave_1 said:

I think that Svetch kid is gonna work out

And he's still waiver exempt, so we can send him down to Charlotte without fear if he doesn't work out right away! :P  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, LakeLivin said:

And he's still waiver exempt, so we can send him down to Charlotte without fear if he doesn't work out right away! :P  

He would have to go to Barrie if we sent him down.  He is a Juniors product and 19 still. Just to add to the ridiculousness of the situation.

Edited by gocanes0506
  • Like 1

As the goalies and D men get so "aware" of the move now to the point of panic.........linemates, get to the front everytime he's behind the net. "there's open ice between them there pipes". Cause he's a decent passer too.

Edited by 2ndsacker

Oops, I did it again.

Was at the game last night and BellMTS was quiet. Good for me and the 12 Canes fans in the stands. I didn't react to Svech's goal because of the sight lines; I didn't see what he had done until it was on the Jumbotron. Onto Denver, the toughest game on the road trip!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bing_Chow said:

Oops, I did it again.

Was at the game last night and BellMTS was quiet. Good for me and the 12 Canes fans in the stands. I didn't react to Svech's goal because of the sight lines; I didn't see what he had done until it was on the Jumbotron. Onto Denver, the toughest game on the road trip!

Were you the ones sitting behind the Canes bench?

On XM Dan Rosen was asked if the Canes were for real. His answer was "yes, they are really that good". He put Washington and Boston as the elite teams, but put us ,the NYI, and the Evil Empire as the other major cup contenders in the East. Yes, cup contenders. We are now on a 106 point pace and doing it on what should be a brutal Western Canada trip. This team is afraid of no one, and really do play better against the good teams. The way we looked last night? If we can get to that level we are going to be a handful for any team out there.

• Like 1

I wasn't able to catch the game last night. I did see the post game and players and coach seemed pleased with the game. I saw the reaction to one of Js goal from the players and they seemed genuinely happy for him. This team is playing well and I think they are going to get better. Good win.

• Like 1

The great thing about the Svech goal is defenders are going to stop letting him have time and space in back of the goal. Meaning, space in front of the goal has opened up for other primo chances.

Can't wait to see how coaches adjust to him, because the goalie could obviously stay standing up but a bang bang pass in front's going 5 hole easily if they do, which those plays happen way more often. A goalie could practice getting the full body on the post rather then the lazy 75% of post, if they get tall while on their knees they've got the whole post. However in my experience what will happen if the shooter sees the whole body on the post they'll adjust and tuck the puck on the other side of the goalie. I don't wanna talk about how I know that.

You really don't want a defensemen chasing behind the goal but with Svech, teams might not have a choice but to smoke him outta there and that's going to benefit his linemates big time.

15 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Were you the ones sitting behind the Canes bench?

Nope. Behind Jets bench. About 5 row up, in red. No close up of me on highlights.

Edited by Bing_Chow

9 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

The great thing about the Svech goal is defenders are going to stop letting him have time and space in back of the goal. Meaning, space in front of the goal has opened up for other primo chances.

Can't wait to see how coaches adjust to him, because the goalie could obviously stay standing up but a bang bang pass in front's going 5 hole easily if they do, which those plays happen way more often. A goalie could practice getting the full body on the post rather then the lazy 75% of post, if they get tall while on their knees they've got the whole post. However in my experience what will happen if the shooter sees the whole body on the post they'll adjust and tuck the puck on the other side of the goalie. I don't wanna talk about how I know that.

You really don't want a defensemen chasing behind the goal but with Svech, teams might not have a choice but to smoke him outta there and that's going to benefit his linemates big time.

I was thinking similar. How does the team and Svech develop a counter move to take advantage of the D trying to stop the La Cross goal. The great thing about that goal is that it is a highlight goal and is a particularly embarrassing. So teams will want to stop it even more than other goals. Figuring out the fake La Cross then do X, would be almost as sweet as the la cross goal.

Just now, remkin said:

I was thinking similar. How does the team and Svech develop a counter move to take advantage of the D trying to stop the La Cross goal. The great thing about that goal is that it is a highlight goal and is a particularly embarrassing. So teams will want to stop it even more than other goals. Figuring out the fake La Cross then do X, would be almost as sweet as the la cross goal.

Teams absolutely can not let Svech be behind the goal with his forehand side open. They can leave the backhand side open, unless the Svech becomes ambidextrous. At that point as a coach you toss the paper in the air and give up.

• Like 2