The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
gocanes0506

12/17 Canes @ Jets 8pm

2 hours ago, Bing_Chow said:

Oops, I did it again.

Was at the game last night and BellMTS was quiet. Good for me and the 12 Canes fans in the stands. I didn't react to Svech's goal because of the sight lines; I didn't see what he had done until it was on the Jumbotron. Onto Denver, the toughest game on the road trip!

Thank you for your patronage.😎

9 minutes ago, slapshot02 said:

Thank you for your patronage.😎

I should stay away from the PNC because I've witnessed them lose the two times I've been there. OTOH. I've seen HFD and CAR win in Winnipeg on multiple occasions.

Svech is looking amazing this year and getting better. He had flashes last year but now I feel like every time I watch him he's about to snipe or make a silky smooth play especially on the PP. His puck handling last night looked like other Russian greats. The lacrosse goals are the most Bunch of Jerks thing ever. Now our marketing team is calling it the "Svechnikov"??? 

To me this is what happens when you let a young guy with skill and creativity do his thing. Can you imagine Bill Peters encouraging the "bag of tricks"? If we invest in Necas the same way going forward (and it seems like Rod will) we will reap the benefits. 

1 hour ago, Derailed75 said:

Laine even said in his post game they couldnt cover him because of the net front. The ESPN article on the game made him seem pretty mad about it too

I'm betting enough people are mad about it that they'll adjust the rulebook over the offseason.  Especially if he pulls that ploy against the Leafs or the Pens.  Fortunately the Flames and Jets are no more 'golden team' than the Canes.

5 hours ago, legend-1 said:

The great thing about the Svech goal is defenders are going to stop letting him have time and space in back of the goal. Meaning, space in front of the goal has opened up for other primo chances.

Can't wait to see how coaches adjust to him, because the goalie could obviously stay standing up but a bang bang pass in front's going 5 hole easily if they do, which those plays happen way more often. A goalie could practice getting the full body on the post rather then the lazy 75% of post, if they get tall while on their knees they've got the whole post. However in my experience what will happen if the shooter sees the whole body on the post they'll adjust and tuck the puck on the other side of the goalie. I don't wanna talk about how I know that.

You really don't want a defensemen chasing behind the goal but with Svech, teams might not have a choice but to smoke him outta there and that's going to benefit his linemates big time.

The thing is, Rittich left open a space about the size of a cd case (for all of us old enough to know what a cd is) and it still didn't matter.  :woohoo:  I didn't realize how little space Svech had to work with until someone posted this picture on a different forum.

(click on picture to enlarge)

Svech%20Goal%201.PNG

c

Edited by LakeLivin

4 hours ago, thickburglar said:

...His puck handling last night looked like other Russian greats. The lacrosse goals are the most Bunch of Jerks thing ever. Now our marketing team is calling it the "Svechnikov"??? 

The Svechlacrosse! 🥍🥅🇷🇺

So the same night (last night) Nils Hoglander did a la cross goal in the Swedish Hockey League. Thing is, he put it across the goalie into the opposite corner. This could be the next version of the Svech la cross goal because it works as the goalie closes up the near side, he puts it in the far side.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, remkin said:

So the same night (last night) Nils Hoglander did a la cross goal in the Swedish Hockey League. Thing is, he put it across the goalie into the opposite corner. This could be the next version of the Svech la cross goal because it works as the goalie closes up the near side, he puts it in the far side.

Sign the kid.

10 hours ago, realmdrakkar said:

Sign the kid.

Have to trade with Vancouver, he's one of their prospects. High second rounder this year's draft. Small guy, lots of playmaking skill. 

If we did trade one of our prospects for him we could terrorize goalies with all of the La Cross options. And he's a pretty good player too.

5 minutes ago, legend-1 said:

How long until someone tries scooping the puck in the shootout?

It seems to me, I have already seen something with scooping, not full lacrosse though. But maybe not a real game, but one of the All-Star skill competitions?

• Like 1

The more I rewatch, the more I'm impressed with Teuvo's pass to Aho. The reaction on Aho's face said it all. Even he was floored, and he has seen 1000 passes from his partner. Absolutely ridiculous. I thought that first goal against EDM had some lucky involved. I mean, Turbo re-directed the point shot and Aho just happened to emerge from behind the net to bang it in. But this one against Hellbuyck? 100% vision.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bing_Chow said:

The more I rewatch, the more I'm impressed with Teuvo's pass to Aho. The reaction on Aho's face said it all. Even he was floored, and he has seen 1000 passes from his partner. Absolutely ridiculous. I thought that first goal against EDM had some lucky involved. I mean, Turbo re-directed the point shot and Aho just happened to emerge from behind the net to bang it in. But this one against Hellbuyck? 100% vision.

Yes. Turbo is the straw that stirs sooo much of the skillful stuff that happens out there.

2 hours ago, Caniac514 said:

It seems to me, I have already seen something with scooping, not full lacrosse though. But maybe not a real game, but one of the All-Star skill competitions?

Even seen the spear.

• Like 1