The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
surfzone365

GDT: Carolina Hurricanes Vs Colorado Avalanche - Thursday, December 19, 2019 - 9:00 PM EST

2 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

The good news, is that the other Metro teams feel the same way about us! 👍🏽

Well they can all go do the anatomically impossible to themselves ;)

Edited by AWACSooner

News is in: Brock McGinn is holding a MasterClass on how to be a warrior. 

He finished the game so I don't think he broke his hand. But man, he was in some pain, and he still tried to maintain position. Doing his best Glen Wesley impersonation.

• Like 2

Let Washington win the division and the Pres trophy, I think the isles will hit reality soon enough. Pittsburgh is on borrowed time. As long as we can be a thorn in the side of those teams long enough to punch our ticket we’ll keep them sweating.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, surfzone365 said:

Let Washington win the division and the Pres trophy, I think the isles will hit reality soon enough. Pittsburgh is on borrowed time. As long as we can be a thorn in the side of those teams long enough to punch our ticket we’ll keep them sweating.

Agree.

The Canes have proven that once they get into the Playoffs, despote their seeding, they can do some damage.

13 minutes ago, gocanes0506 said:

I dislike the metro.

we just went 4-0-1 and we’re still only 3 points up on WC2.

Glass half empty. Glass half full outlook...... Where would we be if we just went 5 and 5 instead.

11 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

This is gonna take a bit for the adrenaline to die down...I’ll tune into the Vegas game.  Night all

Yep. Turned over to the Minn/Ari game at 7-5. May rewind and watch that hot mess. Now Vegas.

I only made it for the first, very full day coming up, but good on y'all for sticking around. What a finish. I think it's safe to say this team has gelled--and bonded.

Now let's beat some Eastern Conference teams. Into submission.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, top-shelf-1 said:

I only made it for the first, very full day coming up, but good on y'all for sticking around. What a finish. I think it's safe to say this team has gelled--and bonded.

Now let's beat some Eastern Conference teams. Into submission.

Think of it like this. We are 1-0 against both the Caps and Isles

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derailed75 said:

Think of it like this. We are 1-0 against both the Caps and Isles

Yah, but 0-fer against the rest of the Metro...but I think that’s about to change 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AWACSooner said:

Yah, but 0-fer against the rest of the Metro...but I think that’s about to change 

Yeah I think we’re getting hung up in that aspect. We’ll take down other metro teams in due time. Most of those metro losses came when we were in a funk of inconsistency 

Just finished watching the replay, and am very impressed! It doesn't seem like too long ago when this team might have thought it was a good road trip, and not fought back after getting behind. This team has a lot of fight, and guts. Brindy has been a great coach, and DW has put together a really good combination of talent and grit. I don't know what the final results will be, but it sure is great to watch this team, again. I almost feel like last season was a combination of a bit of luck, and getting hot at the right time. Last night, it looked like hard work, and a refusal to lose.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, caniac6 said:

Just finished watching the replay, and am very impressed! It doesn't seem like too long ago when this team might have thought it was a good road trip, and not fought back after getting behind. This team has a lot of fight, and guts. Brindy has been a great coach, and DW has put together a really good combination of talent and grit. I don't know what the final results will be, but it sure is great to watch this team, again. I almost feel like last season was a combination of a bit of luck, and getting hot at the right time. Last night, it looked like hard work, and a refusal to lose.

I’m not one to get ahead of myself, but right now we look elite. That’s not the Canes homer speaking. I have watched highlights of the last few games and this road trip has really done something excellent to this team. I’m almost wishing we play more road games.  There is a chemistry and effort that is being noticed league-wide.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, surfzone365 said:

I’m not one to get ahead of myself, but right now we look elite. That’s not the Canes homer speaking. I have watched highlights of the last few games and this road trip has really done something excellent to this team. I’m almost wishing we play more road games.  There is a chemistry and effort that is being noticed league-wide.

We are one of two Metro contenders who have 5+ more road than home games so far.  Capitals are the others.

Might begin separating from Pitt and Philly once their schedules include more road games. Both are sub .500 on the road. Pitt has played 6 more home than road so far.

Yes, this team is playing like it hasn't played in YEARS. Kudos to the players for their hard work and grit, to Roddy for being a real players' coach, to DW and the committee for their player selections, and—last but certainly not least—Tom Dundon for completely changing the culture here.

I've had more fun watching the Canes this year than I have in a decade (although last year was pretty good too)

Edited by spyglass88
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

This is gonna take a bit for the adrenaline to die down...I’ll tune into the Vegas game.  Night all

Did the same. Although I ceased posting, was watching while taking care of my sick dog who was bleeding and probably approaching the time I have to make that dreaded decision. I join all in celebrating this season defining win!!!!

And 1 final thought. Certainly we Caniacs have our favorites this year, and celebrate the fantastics scorers, Svech and Aho, particularly Svech for his Houdini-like goals; the Cherubs and TT's brilliant passing; the Dmen for both offense(Hamilton and it seems Slavin) and defensive prowess; Pesce, Gardiner, Edmunson, TvR and Fleury; Martinook for his antics and toughness; both goalies for incredible highlight saves; even "Stone Hands" for his ability to neutralize opponents' top lines and RARE goals; and on and on and on, but to me the epitome and guts of this team is Brind'Amor's clone, McGinn! While we do recognize him from time to time, equally criticizing and celebrating his play, that single play last night should solidify our collective thoughts on him, and should(but likely won't) stop the constant questioning of his worth, OR the question of what Brindy sees in this player. Now, I'm not saying nor do I believe that he's the only player on this team who has that toughness, but I do think that I see it more consistently from him than any other. I'll close this rant by just adding, IF you were a tiring player and ready to throw in the towel for the night, and move on to the next game, seeing your teammate block as shot possibly having his hand broken yet still laboring on, how could you not be inspired to persevere?

Edited by KJUNKANE
  • Like 5

I had to get up at 4am but hung in there till the end.  Went to sleep very happy.

I don't know what to say other than this team can beat anybody.  Anybody.  They just never give up.  I'm still stunned this morning.

Great to see Slavin get the GW in front of his family and friends.

Unbelievable!

• Like 3

We just looked like we skated so hard last night. Killing that many penalties is not easy. Even in 5v5 we hounded them on the forecheck and forced many turnovers. Slavin absolutely high tailed it the length of the ice to get his goal. If it's true what Tripp said about how one hard shift can wear you out for the rest of the game in that altitude (taking that with a grain of salt but sounds right), it's amazing we came out with a comeback W.

Darling for Reimer, literally tuning poo into gold.

Reimers confidence is through the roof right now, he's playing deep in his crease relying on his hand eye coordination and less of being a rigid pray the puck hits you goalie.  He's reading shots like a world renowned scholar reading a children's book. Specifically their was an ear hole shot from the slot that I'm thinking of and the glove was already up at his ear hole waiting for the puck. To get that glove where it needed to be that close in he read the player whole way. Crazy.

• Like 6

The final 3 minutes of this game was reminiscent of the game in the 2009 playoffs, when Joni Pitkinen delivered the slick pass to Jussi Jokinen for the tie; and shortly thereafter Eric Staal beat Marty Brodeur for the GWG. If I recall, Brodeur was killing us the entire game until the events of the last couple of minutes. That 2009 playoff team was special; and for sure, this year's team is special!!!!!

• Like 2