The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
coastal_caniac

GDT: Why We Will Be Victorious on Dec 21 , 7pm

Everybody knows who we are playing and where the game is and the time.  I'll be there.

If you haven't heard........How Bout Them Canes.  

Image result for dumb and dumber on the road gif

Anyway, mostly, this is supposed to be the official let down game after the long road trip. 

I don't think that is in the offering tomorrow.

I expect our place, the PNC, is going to be rocking so loud, maybe the loudest of the year tomorrow night.  Especially after that road trip.  Mark it down, the fans expect and will propel the team to another victory. 

Seriously, if you are going to the game make a point to yell your *edit* off, even more than possible.  If you are tuned in, we can  hear you in the stands, scare your cats and dogs.

Win!

Edited by coastal_caniac
  • Like 6

Well, they just pimpslapped Dallas tonight...and the Evil Empire won against the Oilers, so this game has a lot more significance than we originally thought.  JUST WIN!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AWACSooner said:

Well, they just pimpslapped Dallas tonight...and the Evil Empire won against the Oilers, so this game has a lot more significance than we originally thought.  JUST WIN!!

Yep, watch out for Acciari and we'll be fine? let's go get this.

I'm going.  The last home game I attended was the worst let down of the year.

For the love of peet moss, please continue your charged play, boys!  No traditional home let down please.

(We tried to avoid this date because of the home let down, but had to change to it for various reasons.)

• Like 1

Watched all of the Dallas disaster last night.  A few things to note:

1. Bob still sucks.  Yah, they won 7-4, but 3 of the 4 he allowed were Mongoesque softies.  They may make the playoffs, but they’ll figure out quickly they’re stuck with a $10M albatross.  His save percentage is .902...Petr’s is .906 and Reim’s is .927.  I think we still see Bob in net tonight even though he played last night...the team doesn’t have a great deal of confidence in Montembault so far...and I think he’s a placeholder while they wait for Spencer Knight.
2. Sure they offensively pimp-slapped the Stars, but that was almost entirely due to the fact that Dallas’s blue line was already on the plane back home for the Christmas break.  If our D plays up to their usual, their chances should be minimal...at least at full strength, which leads me to my next point.

3. Stay out of the *edit* box!  The SwampCats’s PP setup reminds me a lot of Boston’s, and is starting to have more success. 
4. Don’t worry about Accari, he’s a flash in the pan.  Key in on Barkov,

Huberdeau, and Trocheck.

If there are any tix left, I might actually make my first home game. Just made the white-knuckler down 95 (massive Holiday traffic This AM) and heading toward the Triangle

Edited by surfzone365
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, cc said:

69F71F59-707F-4102-A07A-0B1C12A4F072.thumb.jpeg.278012de46e97cdd1c62eb9c548b72c4.jpegTime for Christmas regalia. Ugly sweater. Santa hat and “syrup” in the coffee ala Elf. 

Great looking coffee...not found in Starbucks.

11 hours ago, coastal_caniac said:

Everybody knows who we are playing and where the game is and the time.  I'll be there.

If you haven't heard........How Bout Them Canes.  

Image result for dumb and dumber on the road gif

Anyway, mostly, this is supposed to be the official let down game after the long road trip. 

I don't think that is in the offering tomorrow.

I expect our place, the PNC, is going to be rocking so loud, maybe the loudest of the year tomorrow night.  Especially after that road trip.  Mark it down, the fans expect and will propel the team to another victory. 

Seriously, if you are going to the game make a point to yell your *edit* off, even more than possible.  If you are tuned in, we can  hear you in the stands, scare your cats and dogs.

Win!

The place should be extra loud tonight and close to a packed house. Just do it!.

As others have alluded to, this is the biggest trap game of the year. If this were a Hurricanes team of the non coach Brind'Amour era, I'd rush out and put some major cash on a loss. The post long road trip game is, IMO, worse than back to back vs rested, even worse than b2b, third in three vs rested. The travel is brutal, and they have to travel back home, and so often the legs just aren't there. 

Also, we've been battling some pretty elite teams, and while Florida is arguably pretty decent, there could be a let down there too. 

But I have to agree that I just can't bet against this team in any individual game no matter what. Even if the legs aren't there, this team finds a way. I'm still saying win.

BTW I've had just about enough of Pittsburgh winning without Crosby. Just stop. Enough all ready.

Keep rolling.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, remkin said:

BTW I've had just about enough of Pittsburgh winning without Crosby. Just stop. Enough all ready

I’m telling you, JR sold his soul...that’s the only reason they haven’t faded into oblivion yet 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago

Erik Haula looks set to return to the lineup tonight. He's centering Ryan Dzingel and Martin Necas in the morning skate.

the projected lineup for the Hurricanes.

Forwards

Svechnikov-Staal-Foegele
Niederreiter-Aho-Teravainen
Dzingel-Haula-Necas
McGinn-Wallmark-Martinook

Defense

Slavin-Hamilton
Edmundson-Pesce
Gardiner-van Riemsdyk

Goalies

Mrazek

• Like 1

It appears Haula line and ice time aren't certain. It is nice to have him back even if he needs to be eased into the lineup. Walmark has been playing well so it's nice to know he can pick up the ice time as needed

Brindy pre-game chat

48 minutes ago, OBXer said:

46 minutes ago

Erik Haula looks set to return to the lineup tonight. He's centering Ryan Dzingel and Martin Necas in the morning skate.

the projected lineup for the Hurricanes.

Forwards

Svechnikov-Staal-Foegele
Niederreiter-Aho-Teravainen
Dzingel-Haula-Necas
McGinn-Wallmark-Martinook

:ohyeah:.   So long we have waited for this moment.

How much better does that third line look with Haula in there? The 4th line too for that matter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OBXer said:

It appears Haula line and ice time aren't certain. It is nice to have him back even if he needs to be eased into the lineup. Walmark has been playing well so it's nice to know he can pick up the ice time as needed

Brindy pre-game chat

Yah, Brindy does like to ease guys back in. He might center the 4th for a while, but still, as he finds his game we just get better.

Hoping Haula is finally completely healthy and can stay in the lineup. The rotation of Checkers held their own, but this looks like 3, even 4 lines that can put up points. And the team speed just moved up even another notch. First game I’ve been to in awhile and can’t wait. NO LETDOWNS!

I so love it that Haula is back and hope it lasts. Funny, and not unexpected to many on here, just was over previewing the Sabres game tonight and guess where Skinner is at present? Nope, not 1st, 2nd or 3rd line. Oh well, can't say we didn't warn them. Enough of that, we'll be at this game also, and wife's cousin scored us some tickets on 1st level(our season tickets are 3rd), so should get totally different perspective. Can't wait.

Edited by KJUNKANE
  • Like 1

So if we're looking for some small added motivation, right now Florida is the first team on the wrong side of the WC cut line. Push them back some more. 

I may be in the minority, but I put a lot of faith in the +/- stat.  For me, it is a real good indication of a players worth to the team.  Others argue it’s not an appropriate reflection of a players’ contribution due to the reliance on things they can’t control, i.e. other players.  I believe good players make those around them play better, bad players....etc.

All that said, guess is leading the whole NHL in +/-?  Dougie Hamilton!  The defensive pair of Hamilton and Slavin is a combined +42, an amazing number at this point of the year.

And if you doubt the stat is an accurate reflection, Gardner is a -17...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MisterDobz said:

And if you doubt the stat is an accurate reflection, Gardner is a -17

Not that I doubt the stat, but I just think that Gardner is coming on, and not unlike Dougie from last year(who I realize had a hand injury early on), I believe that given the "nurturing" that our market can provide, getting away from the super critical atmospheres that the Torontos of the NHL world bring, he will continue to improve. Just remember the save he helped Reimer out with and that -17 might not look so bad?

7 minutes ago, KJUNKANE said:

Just remember the save he helped Reimer out with and that -17 might not look so bad?

No doubt, that was a great play.  But if he hadn’t made that play, he would be a -18.  Any pilot will tell you, if you want to gain altitude, the first thing you have to do is stop losing altitude.  Maybe that’s where Gardner is, he’s stopped losing altitude.  Time will tell.

• Like 1