Jump to content
The Official Site of the Carolina Hurricanes
Sign in to follow this  
Mick13

Club Sections

Recommended Posts

Looking for tickets and was wondering if the entire 200 level is club seating or just the end sections. And how do you get the vouchers for drinks? Are the seats better than say 10 rows off of the ice behind the net

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I try to sit on the club level at least once a year. Don’t know about vouchers. I’d recommend you not sit in the first row-there is a little issue seeing all of the ice over the rail. Otherwise, I’d prefer any club seats to end zone seats downstairs. Mind you, my season tickets (11 game) are in 338, so consider the source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to sit in the 200's for several seasons. The entire 200 level is club level, but the two ends each have their own special situation. The shoot's-twice end is called Club Ledge. The seats are in front of the main bar and have their own swivel chairs, a counter, and a little TV in the counter. They look down the ice from behind the net, and you look through the protective net at part of the ice. They come with food and beverage credits, and parking, and they have a small make your own or have it made sandwich area. The other end is the Champions Club. These include access to an entire 'exclusive' area where there are tables and a bar, and stuff to do besides watch the game, and then the stadium seats in front for watching the game, again, down the ice from behind the goal, and through part of the protective netting. They come with food/beverage credit, and parking. I'm not sure if you can buy tickets into the Champions Club unless you buy the full season, but might be able to buy on the secondary market? 

 

Then there are the sections around the corners and on both sides. They are priced differently than when I used to sit there. They appear to be the same price except for dead center ice single section, which is more, and I think limited to full STH. They all offer food service to your seat, but it is very much not included in the price. 

 

To me it depends on how much you want to pay attention to the game, and what vantage you like.

 

The Champions club is, IMO, best for people who want to attend the game, but not necessarily watch the whole thing intently. It's more of a party at the game. When they built it the sell was that it was like being in a luxury box without getting the whole box. They envisioned a lot of companies giving the tickets to clients, where everything is included such as food, beverage, and parking; and many of whom are not avid hockey fans. If you like the behind the goal view (it is interesting to do if you go a lot but haven't sat their), and want to pay attention, the Club Ledge is kind of cool, and food/beverage/parking is included, and having swivel seats and a counter to put food, etc, and that little TV are nice. Personally, I don't like the view. Mainly because I hate looking through the protective netting. 

 

There are two problems with about half of the club level regular seats, IMO. One is that the corners (and even the two least central sideline sections) provide an awkward viewing angle: oblique and down. The other, which is true for all of them, is that they are not steep enough angled so looking down from rows 2 and back means peering between heads (not for most of the ice, just the closest sidelines). I think most people don't mind a little of that. I'm picky. So I greatly prefer the first row since no one is in front of you, but as BDC pointed out, you do have to look over the waist high ledge, which is almost too high to see over and almost too low to not fall over. If you are 5'11" or taller, the front row is the best, but shorter than that could be an issue. 

 

The very central club level seats on the center ice are excellent. But they are also expensive, and might be unavailable as I think they are only for full STH. They changed the pricing up though, so that only the single dead center section is higher priced. And they are probably occasionally available on the secondary market. 

 

221/219 (shoots twice) and 203/205 are a bargain and the view is very good. Not sure how available they are. The next sections over are decent, but I avoid the rest of the corners, personally, though many people like them.

 

So that's more than I expected to type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I sit in Club Ledge.  The view is similar to the third level end zone view, with a moderately improved involvement with the game.  Technically, it's easier to see the build up of plays than a sideline view, and there are really no portions of the ice that I can't see, but I would also say that any scramble in front of the far net, you might as well watch the overhead screen because it's just a mass of people.  The fact that you have a nice swivel seat, plenty of room left and right, a bar table in front of you to hold your food and drinks, and easy in/out to the bar and restrooms are the big sellers.  The "free meal" is always a pulled pork sandwich, a top round (kinda of like prime rib filet) sandwich, or a lukewarm premade wrap in aluminum foil for no particular reason.  You get two drink vouchers, which can be redeemed for beer or soda, but not any mixed drinks or liquor.  The monitors in the table are, for some reason, offset from my seat, and have a dreadful view from an angle, so for me they just take up good table space.  The big negative is that a lot of parents think that the tables make great activity centers for their family, so they get Club Ledge seats and bring kids who spend most of their time complaining about not having anything to do, or teens complaining about bad wifi/data service.  Not much different than the business/vacation chatter in Champions Club or Club Center Ice, I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, caniac-1-1 said:

I sit in Club Ledge.  The view is similar to the third level end zone view, with a moderately improved involvement with the game.  Technically, it's easier to see the build up of plays than a sideline view, and there are really no portions of the ice that I can't see, but I would also say that any scramble in front of the far net, you might as well watch the overhead screen because it's just a mass of people.  The fact that you have a nice swivel seat, plenty of room left and right, a bar table in front of you to hold your food and drinks, and easy in/out to the bar and restrooms are the big sellers.  The "free meal" is always a pulled pork sandwich, a top round (kinda of like prime rib filet) sandwich, or a lukewarm premade wrap in aluminum foil for no particular reason.  You get two drink vouchers, which can be redeemed for beer or soda, but not any mixed drinks or liquor.  The monitors in the table are, for some reason, offset from my seat, and have a dreadful view from an angle, so for me they just take up good table space.  The big negative is that a lot of parents think that the tables make great activity centers for their family, so they get Club Ledge seats and bring kids who spend most of their time complaining about not having anything to do, or teens complaining about bad wifi/data service.  Not much different than the business/vacation chatter in Champions Club or Club Center Ice, I guess.

As a bonus you have big cowbell guy.  Or at least you used to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, wxray1 said:

As a bonus you have big cowbell guy.  Or at least you used to.

 

Not this year!  Perhaps my negative mental energies finally had their intended effect, and he's now a Capitals STH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, caniac-1-1 said:

 

Not this year!  Perhaps my negative mental energies finally had their intended effect, and he's now a Capitals STH.

Whut?  Switched sides?  Yikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...